• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't Try This At Logan!

We all support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Westboro Baptist Church has just been exercising their rights. The American Nazi Party marched in Skokie Illinois exercising their rights. Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam marches all the time, again exercising their rights. American al qaeda has the right to demonstrate, because they have rights. A major US airport such as Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport which survives on International travel has to accomodate various groups all enjoying their rights. BUT. is it worth it if a family FEELS victimized when you exercise your rights?? What about their rights to feel safe in their surroundings? Next time there is an election, watch out! You won the battle, BUT lost the war.

This sounds like a serious post but my god, what a load of cheap. Clearly " we all" do not support the Constitution. There are examples in this thread of people who distinctly do NOT support it. There are countless examples of legislators pushing, voting for, and passing unconstitutional measures. There are countless examples of police and prosecutors enforcing unconstitutional measures. There are countless examples of courts and judges upholding and allowing unconstitutional things.

And quite frankly, I don't, nor should anyone care about how you feel when those feelings are used to restrict someone else's rights. Rights are not and never will be conditional to anyone's feelings.

This sounds like a serious post but my god, what a load of cheap. Clearly " we all" do not support the Constitution. There are examples in this thread of people who distinctly do NOT support it. There are countless examples of legislators pushing, voting for, and passing unconstitutional measures. There are countless examples of police and prosecutors enforcing unconstitutional measures. There are countless examples of courts and judges upholding and allowing unconstitutional things. And quite frankly, I don't, nor should anyone care about how you feel when those feelings are used to restrict someone else's rights. Rights are not and never will be conditional to anyone's feelings.

When he said "...What about their rights to feel safe in their surroundings? Next time there is an election, watch out! You won the battle, BUT lost the war..." he is making reference to the reality of so-called "reasonable restrictions."

Carrying a black rifle in an airport is not going to result in any greater recognition and acceptance of the Second Amendment; the only change that behaviour will accomplish is more and more popular support for more and more "reasonable restrictions."

Carrying a black rifle in an airport is not going to result in any greater recognition and acceptance of the Second Amendment; the only change that behaviour will accomplish is more and more popular support for more and more "reasonable restrictions."

You sure? History is proving you wrong.

Last year the very state he did this in expanded gun rights, and ALLOWED him to do this, not the opposite.

Texas just passed handgun open carry.

Maine just expanded carry rights.

Kansas, Arkansas, Wyoming, and Arizona have recently expanded carry rights.

So maybe it is time to stop spouting this asinine bullshit about exercising a right being a reason to restrict or eliminate that right, therefore you shouldn't do it. It's illogical and the antithesis of freedom.

The reality is you are wrong. Just checked, yep, lawmakers aren't looking to restrict gun rights because of this. In fact last year they just did the opposite.

This thread continues to demonstrate why the Second Amendment is an afterthought in this shitty state.

I take solace that some do understand what a right is but by God, the rest of you have been infected and indoctrinated into believing that the mere sight of a rifle will scare the sheep into taking away your precious toys.

I am not sure what separates us but clearly serving didn't educate some people that these aren't toys you get to play with on the weekends.

The RKBA is at the very heart of who this country is: A self sufficiency that a man can protect the lives of himself and his family from all enemies when threatened. When you start hiding that in a closet and only taking it out in secret on the weekends you have lost the efficacy of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Georgia is not Marxachusetts and what gets passed there would not get passed here because Georgia is a different atmosphere. Applying your values to the actions of others is the foundations of statist control.

This thread disappoints on so many levels.

For reference, Canada does not have this attitude or feeling of self sufficiency. They do not have a right to property, or the freedoms and rights that we value. Though you may think Canada is a stone's throw away, their attitudes and beliefs about politics, rights, and freedoms are fundamentally different than ours.

Last edited:
I hope you're correct.

One of the key parts of the Georgia law is that bars, airports, schools, & gov't locations may choose to restrict firearms (on a location basis). There has been no move by the Atlanta airport to do so as a result of this man.

I was referencing they now have to give a version of the "miranada warning", 5th Amendment. They now get a phone call. etc. It's not our bill of rights, it's theirs. How would you like to be a family, foreign tour group etc, in the Atlanta Airport when this A.S.W. walks through? He makes his point, everyone else suffers. "It's all about me, F everyone else".

I went to Rio some years back. We stopped for fuel somewhere in South America and were allowed to leave the plane for one hour. On the way into the airport I noticed very young men in uniform, all of which were carrying Uzi's. They looked at us like the enemy. I turned around and got back on the plane. I was a tourist in their country. No one asked what I thought about the kids with Uzi's, or if I suffered. They hadn't asked me there. I asked for permission to go there. Kids with Uzi's in South America. Their country, their rules. I get it. Anyone else here get it?

I went to Rio some years back. We stopped for fuel somewhere in South America and were allowed to leave the plane for one hour. On the way into the airport I noticed very young men in uniform, all of which were carrying Uzi's. They looked at us like the enemy. I turned around and got back on the plane. I was a tourist in their country. No one asked what I thought about the kids with Uzi's, or if I suffered. They hadn't asked me there. I asked for permission to go there. Kids with Uzi's in South America. Their country, their rules. I get it. Anyone else here get it?

Yup!

This thread continues to demonstrate why the Second Amendment is an afterthought in this shitty state.

I take solace that some do understand what a right is but by God, the rest of you have been infected and indoctrinated into believing that the mere sight of a rifle will scare the sheep into taking away your precious toys.

I am not sure what separates us but clearly serving didn't educate some people that these aren't toys you get to play with on the weekends.

The RKBA is at the very heart of who this country is: A self sufficiency that a man can protect the lives of himself and his family from all enemies when threatened. When you start hiding that in a closet and only taking it out in secret on the weekends you have lost the efficacy of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Georgia is not Marxachusetts and what gets passed there would not get passed here because Georgia is a different atmosphere. Applying your values to the actions of others is the foundations of statist control.

This thread disappoints on so many levels.

For reference, Canada does not have this attitude or feeling of self sufficiency. They do not have a right to property, or the freedoms and rights that we value. Though you may think Canada is a stone's throw away, their attitudes and beliefs about politics, rights, and freedoms are fundamentally different than ours.

I'll be damned!! You are now an expert on Canadian politics! Tell the folks in Yellowknife what your attitude on self sufficiency is. When you started to berate me you asked why I care about states outside Massachusetts. Now you state Georgia won't pass laws along "Marxachusetts". You question what I learned in my military service, OK. Please tell all what you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever think about going back?

Last edited:

This only happens once in a blue moon, really.... with CA being the notable case... although the last time the thing they "lost" was hardly a loss at all... oh noes, some retards caused carrying unloaded (eg, worthless) handguns to be banned... big whoop. And yes, the panthers there caused OC of long guns to get banned, but that's commiefornia for you. The actions of open carriers in CA though, didn't bring about the absolute worst parts of CA gun law, though.. that happened all organically via the moon bats that run the legislature there.

In a place like GA I think the "worst" that would happen is some kind of edict might go out stating that OCing rifles at the airport is not reccomended" or some BS, but if you think they're gonna "ban all guns from the airport" then I have a nice bridge to sell you.

-Mike

I'll be damned!! You are now an expert on Canadian politics! Tell the folks in Yellowknife what your attitude on self sufficiency is. When you started to berate me you asked why I care about states outside Massachusetts. Now you state Georgia won't pass laws along "Marxachusetts". You question what I learned in my military service, OK. Please tell all what you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever think about going back?

How do you know what I have studied with respect to Canadian politics? If you read the post I wasn't making a comment on CA politics but on the Canadian psyche. I absolutely agree that the Inuit and populations of the territories have that self sufficiency attitude but they are less than 0.25% of the Canadian population so that isn't much of an argument. The prairie provinces have a much different attitude from Toronto or Quebec City but still not the same as Kansas or North Dakota.

I assume as a Marine that you have spent some time in the south though perhaps not Georgia? Can you really compare their attitude and philosophy to MA? Really?

I did not bring my service into the argument, you did. Mine is none of your business but since you made your service public knowledge that become part of the argument.

How do you know I haven't gone back and don't have dual citizenship?

This isn't getting us anywhere.

Open carry is a good thing. It really is, just like con carry is a good thing. Personally I think guns make a society safer and if you want negative proof of that, check out the article Derek posted about Chicago's shootings this year. 1,000+ in a city with absolute gun control. I think citizens need some open carry down in that dark hole.

Last edited:
How do you know what I have studied with respect to Canadian politics? If you read the post I wasn't making a comment on CA politics but on the Canadian psyche. I absolutely agree that the Inuit and populations of the territories have that self sufficiency attitude but they are less than 0.25% of the Canadian population so that isn't much of an argument. The prairie provinces have a much different attitude from Toronto or Quebec City but still not the same as Kansas or North Dakota.

I assume as a Marine that you have spent some time in the south though perhaps not Georgia? Can you really compare their attitude and philosophy to MA? Really?

I did not bring my service into the argument, you did. Mine is none of your business but since you made your service public knowledge that become part of the argument.

How do you know I haven't gone back and don't have dual citizenship?

This isn't getting us anywhere.

Open carry is a good thing. It really is, just like con carry is a good thing. Personally I think guns make a society safer and if you want negative proof of that, check out the article Derek posted about Chicago's shootings this year. 1,000+ in a city with absolute gun control. I think citizens need some open carry down in that dark hole.

OK, Let's recap. 1st you wanted me to self deport myself to 1st Canada, then Sweden. I replied I made an investment into the USA by serving in the USMC. By serving I meant I gave years of my life into the service of my country. What I did while I was doing this is "None of your business". Every Veteran, in all branches gave up some of their lives, "just to be there". Mr. "Dual National" what have you done for either country?? Sounds like you have a plan to bail out!! I'm no hero, never claimed to be. I just served the country, I was born in and owe allegience to. Enjoy your duel allegiance, I only have one. When you screw things up for us, it's nice to know you have a plan"B".

Dem's bill would ban guns from airports

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) said the measure, which has been dubbed the Airport Security Act of 2015, would prevent anyone other than police officers from carrying guns in areas of airports that are located before security checkpoints, even if they have a license to carry concealed weapons. The introduction of the measure follows a recent incident involving a man who carried an AR-15 rifle into the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport — legally because he did not go past a security checkpoint. Johnson's office said the measure "would expand Homeland Security’s jurisdiction to include non-secure areas of airports and would take precedence over any city or state laws that allow weapons in any airports nationwide. "Airports would also be required to post signs that clearly indicate they are gun-free zones."

<http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/245019-bill-would-ban-guns-from-airports>

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) said the measure, which has been dubbed the Airport Security Act of 2015, would prevent anyone other than police officers from carrying guns in areas of airports that are located before security checkpoints, even if they have a license to carry concealed weapons. The introduction of the measure follows a recent incident involving a man who carried an AR-15 rifle into the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport — legally because he did not go past a security checkpoint. Johnson's office said the measure "would expand Homeland Security’s jurisdiction to include non-secure areas of airports and would take precedence over any city or state laws that allow weapons in any airports nationwide. "Airports would also be required to post signs that clearly indicate they are gun-free zones."

<http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/245019-bill-would-ban-guns-from-airports>

Yeah, these open carry morons are going to completely **** us in the long run.

Look, just because open carry is legal in NH, it doesn't make it a good idea to go doing it at the Pheasant Lane Mall. Then again, concealed does mean concealed, you should be able to carry concealed anywhere, sheep don't complain about what they don't see. I guess I just don't get the open carry fascination. The people taking their ARs to airports and walking in populated areas are doing it for no other reason than to get a reaction, and it's NO SURPRISE that this is the reaction. Government is here to stay, I'm not a fan, but it's fact. Democrats are here to stay because they continue to get people on the dole who will continue to vote them in to keep the checks coming. So yeah, exercise your rights all you want, but don't cry when this is the result. Seriously, carrying an AR to the airport? If the guy had just holstered up his SP101 or something, it probably would have gone all but unnoticed He was looking to get in the headlines far as I'm concerned, and that was all the fuel the Dems needed for the fire for this bill. I hope it doesn't go through because you should be able to carry concealed for self protection in as many places as possible. I'm done here man, hope it works out in our favor.

The average person doesn't want to see the average person carrying a black rifle at an airport. That's just how it is.

I expect the bill to pass.

I'm continually disappointed by just how many gun owners even don't support the 2nd Amendment at all.

Don't want to open carry? Good news! Nobody is forcing you to! Don't like when others do? Good news! Feel free to shelter in place. Move. Wear a blindfold. Or do literally anything else that doesn't involve forcing your views on others. Quite frankly, I don't care nor should anybody care what you like or don't like. Rights aren't conditional on your feelings. If you think otherwise than you don't understand liberty.

The average retard who is mindlessly afraid of everything unfamiliar doesn't want to see the average person carrying a black rifle at an airport. That's just how it is.

Fixed it for you.

It's GA... LMAO at that one. It reeks of political grandstanding, at best. If enough annoyance/alarm happens because of this stuff, it will be self limiting anyways. If by some miracle that bill escapes, it will probably be gutted on the way out and concealed carriers will probably be exempted.

-Mike

Last edited:
Look, just because open carry is legal in NH, it doesn't make it a good idea to go doing it at the Pheasant Lane Mall.

Simon malls bans guns (if you read those signs in 5 point font on any of the doors) so that's a pretty horrendous example. Of course it's going to piss people off there, because the mall bans guns. (via non binding signage, I will add) That whole thing is kind of a non starter.

Awhile ago some activists used to OC at PLM, and then they started to act like crybabies when they got kicked out (doing stupid shit like dropping trays of food in the food court on their way out, etc) but nothing dramatic really happened as a result. Private property is allowed to have stupid rules, yo! [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited:
The average person doesn't want to see the average person carrying a black rifle at an airport. That's just how it is.

Thirty years ago the average person didn't want to see two men or two women walking down the street as a couple. Care to guess how public opinion was changed?

Thirty years ago the average person didn't want to see two men or two women walking down the street as a couple. Care to guess how public opinion was changed?

Exactly. A few years back Caitlin Jenner would be considered a freak. (Still is IMHO) but now it's a hero.

I don't have to guess how public opinion was changed, I know how public opinion was changed.

Political correctness took root on university campuses. Professors got hired on the basis of conformity. Students were indoctrinated to become politically correct and to accept political correctness - without question or debate - as means to an end that justifies any means, and any students who questioned the new doctrine were disciplined or expelled. Graduating students left the campus with this mindset and took it into the world, to workplaces, to marriages, to parent-teacher associations, to the Bar, to the Bench, to the legislature, and to the ballot box. They became lawyers, lobbists, legislators, judges, and activists. Political correctness demanded conformity, scared people, and reminded them of the consequences of a failure to always be politically correct, so they did. The chill from the fear of political correctness did that.

The annual naked-rainhappy parades had F-all to do with it.

I don't have to guess how public opinion was changed, I know how public opinion was changed.
The annual naked-rainhappy parades had F-all to do with it.

You are off by a generation or so. The kids that where raised in the system you describe (my age group) is still only in their 30's. We havnt had time to 'change the social land scape'. It was mostly done by the older generations who had already finished schooling.

You are off by a generation or so. The kids that where raised in the system you describe (my age group) is still only in their 30's. We havnt had time to 'change the social land scape'. It was mostly done by the older generations who had already finished schooling.

^This^

In the early 90's gay bashing was while not encouraged was far from discouraged. Even knowing that coming out could be dangerous to life, many gays not only came out publicly but came out flaming and forcing it to the forefront of public discourse.

How many flaming homosexuals do you know today? Most of the gays I knew in the 90's 'acted' gay then but now are completely toned down. Why? They won their battle with public opinion.

We make the argument that anti's heads would explode if they knew how many people around them carried every day. We acknowledge this fact and all the while cry about how those pushing the envelope are the problem.

Gays showed the general public the fact that they were all around and squashed the 'gays will wreck society' view. They pushed the envelope until normal accepted them and then retreated to the new norm where they were accepted.

If every time a person goes to the mall, airport or simply drives down the street they encounter someone open carrying a scary gun, then the fear dulls to complacency and then the normal moves. They will go from 'OMG a gun' to 'it's those crazy gun nuts again' and finally not even noticing when nothing bad happens.

Back
Top Bottom