• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does this Part look like it belongs to...

If I ever go to your house I am going to drop off lots of little springy things just to drive you nuts.

I wouldn't worry about it. just put a tack in the wall and pin it up there.

I tried image search on google, yahoo, and bing. Nothing.

I'll go with the guy who said it's one of those bugger-hook thingies.

I know you said your guns all functioned normally, but did your function test include the manual safeties? I'm reaching here, but it looks like it's designed to pull something into/or out of alignment...so I'm thinking safety.

I'm know I'm reaching here, but the suspense is killing me! [laugh]

Could it hold the slide of a pistol open after the last shot in the magazine has been fired? The fact that it was missing would not affect function...White Feather

Do you have a fluorescent light fixture over the bench missing a piece?
No, just 2 incandescent

I know you said your guns all functioned normally, but did your function test include the manual safeties? I'm reaching here, but it looks like it's designed to pull something into/or out of alignment...so I'm thinking safety.

I'm know I'm reaching here, but the suspense is killing me! [laugh]
I keep going back to the ... as the culprits because those are what typically go out with me and during cleaning I spray the trigger assembly down with CLP, brush it with an old toothbrush, let sit and then blow out w/ compressed air. Friday I took out the ...to test. No issues and because I was with the wife, the safeties were used quite a bit. Although I broke everything down and/or function tested w/ snap-caps, I didn't check safeties. Will check in the AM. Like I posted earlier, I checked all diagrams and that friggin bugger aint nowhere.

Could it hold the slide of a pistol open after the last shot in the magazine has been fired? The fact that it was missing would not affect function...White Feather
Something to check

Last edited:
Per Coyote33's request, just a pic of the item and nothing else
attachment.php
AAAHA!!! I knew I recognized that! I just had to squint and look at it sideways a little bit

EDIT: I guess they won't hotlink it to view it inline... maybe a picture guru can help

Here it is

RugerPatrsStore

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh, I can't take it anymore! I'm coming over and we are going through every gun and every RC car or whatever may have been near that bench this year.

Could it be a spring assembly/retention tool?
HGkimberultra_060412D.jpg

Or maybe part of a retention holster?

Maybe your wife found a part and put it on your table? lol

At first I thought it was a direction reverser for a bump and run toy car, but then I thought it looked like a spring installation tool. Then I realized it was the gallows for a game of hangman. So.....

Let us know if you ever figure it out! :-D

Back
Top Bottom