Does this Part look like it belongs to...

Artie

NES Member
Found it laying on my cleaning bench, tucked under my TekMat. I do know that the...appear to function properly as I shot them today. Function checked the others with snap caps and they appear to function properly. Broke them down and nothing appears to be out of order. I do use this bench for other things too but it just doesn't look like anything I have seen. Thanks

Last edited:
Unless you took the trigger group all apart, it's likely not from an 870 (My kid, who knows his 870 well, is of this opinion).
Didn't take any trigger groups apart but that doesn't mean my dumba$$ didn't brush any of those guns' groups too hard. Tell your son thanks

Looks too lightweight to be a gun part... how about a scale or progressive loader?
White Feather
I am not a reloader...yet. It does look lightweight. Thanks for the response.
I truly spent half the day breaking everything I own down to see if it belonged to anything. I have reviewed all the exploded breakdowns and cant seem to locate it anywhere. I will just hold onto it just in case.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Ruger-33474/AutoPistols-40403/MKI-35106.htm

Part number 57?

Edit: never mind.
I need to wear my glasses more.

It does look like it a bit but not enough. Thanks for looking into it

what other items have you disabled on the bench....might help jar some brain cells.

I use the bench for everything and believe me, I have been trying to recall anything that it might belong to. I am starting to think I have put too much effort into this and now I have dragged NES into it too. I will put it in a jar above the bench and hope that I never need it

It does look like it a bit but not enough. Thanks for looking into it

I use the bench for everything and believe me, I have been trying to recall anything that it might belong to. I am starting to think I have put too much effort into this and now I have dragged NES into it too. I will put it in a jar above the bench and hope that I never need it
I dont sleep so I will poke around for you..... I swear I have seen the spring before myself....

It could just be a great practical joke on you.

We used to throw random parts and vegetable oil under people's new cars that they were still babying to watch them call and rant with the dealership.

It could just be a great practical joke on you.

We used to throw random parts and vegetable oil under people's new cars that they were still babying to watch them call and rant with the dealership.
That is just wrong but I could see myself doing that...to myself.
+1

Pre-Chinese Christmas ornament hook?

images

I searched numrich gun parts for some time and could not identify that part in any of the grainy schematics.
The hole looks like a cross pin from a fire control group would fit through it well and the hook end does look like it would capture a moving lever or arm of some sort (hammer/sear).

All in all, it does look like if comes from some type of firearm.
If not from the list you offered up,,,Maybe you worked on a buddy's piece?

Good luck and safety first.
~Matt

The hole looks like a cross pin from a fire control group would fit through it well and the hook end does look like it would capture a moving lever or arm of some sort (hammer/sear). ............

Good luck and safety first.
~Matt

This is what I was thinking too. If so you would have a gun that doesn't function. How long could it have been sitting there?

I searched numrich gun parts for some time and could not identify that part in any of the grainy schematics.

All in all, it does look like if comes from some type of firearm.

+1. Thanks for all your efforts, I had done the same searching and it is just bewildering. I do have other firearms but I am confident that it doesn't belong to them as I haven't fired or cleaned them in some time

How long could it have been sitting there?
I am thinking the beginning of the summer because the entire bench was cleaned around this time.

Thanks again

Looks a lot like one of the pieces of a Crosman air rifle that came out of mine years and years (more than 20) ago and I never could figure out how to re-install.

Looks a LOT like it. Do you have a Crosman air rifle sitting around that you can't cock without holding it upside down?

Looks a lot like one of the pieces of a Crosman air rifle that came out of mine years and years (more than 20) ago and I never could figure out how to re-install.

Looks a LOT like it. Do you have a Crosman air rifle sitting around that you can't cock without holding it upside down?
I do have a Crossman break barrel pellet gun that is about 12 years old. Just went outside and was able to run it without issue. I also have a Red Ryder BB gun that I checked too. I will try to find a break-down of the Crossman just in case. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom