• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone shoot a S&W 1911 9mm Pro series competitively?

I would guess you cleaned and lubed it etc? Cases dribbling out of it is interesting. If it was mine I'd put some hot ammo through it and see if it made any difference.

FTEs... sounds just like my Sig X5. [laugh]

Did you notice any difference between the WWB and the Federal? The fed 9mm brass has a better rim on it than WIN does.

-Mike

Make sure nothing is dragging. the frame/slide. slide/ejector. Make sure the recoil spring is not stacking and allows the slide to cycle all the way.

Replace the recoils spring with a little one or replace the mainspring. radius the FP stop plate

Weak ejection is pretty standard for whitebox of all calibers for some reason, at least for me. FTEs, however, are not. [frown]

The extractor needs some attention to hold the case better, install a 17 lb mainspring, and a 10 lb recoil spring. Don't limp wrist the gun.

I would guess you cleaned and lubed it etc? Cases dribbling out of it is interesting. If it was mine I'd put some hot ammo through it and see if it made any difference.

FTEs... sounds just like my Sig X5. [laugh]

Did you notice any difference between the WWB and the Federal? The fed 9mm brass has a better rim on it than WIN does.

Actually, I didn't clean and lube it. Will be doing that tonight then trying again tomorrow. No noticeable difference between the ammo.

Make sure nothing is dragging. the frame/slide. slide/ejector. Make sure the recoil spring is not stacking and allows the slide to cycle all the way.

Replace the recoils spring with a little one or replace the mainspring. radius the FP stop plate

Doesn't seem like anything is keeping the slide from cycling fully. If the springs are screwed, I might just send it back to have it fixed - I've only had it three days! No idea how to radius the FP stop plate.

Lube it well, put a couple hundred more rounds thru it and see how it goes.

Will do.

The extractor needs some attention to hold the case better, install a 17 lb mainspring, and a 10 lb recoil spring. Don't limp wrist the gun.

I know for damned sure I'm not limp-wristing it. I had it in a death grip and it still happened.

Quick update. It's still not working properly after cleaning, lubrication, and another 200 rounds. I'm sending it in. One person who tried it suggested that the frame/slide fit seems a little rough - I'm suspecting a .45 ACP recoil spring.

Quick update. It's still not working properly after cleaning, lubrication, and another 200 rounds. I'm sending it in. One person who tried it suggested that the frame/slide fit seems a little rough - I'm suspecting a .45 ACP recoil spring.

If I remember, they close down over Christmas so I would wait a bit. If you bought this as a new gun, get 500 or so rounds through it and make sure it isn't just a break in issue.

Yeah, it's a new gun.

500 rounds sounds painful - this gun won't get through a mag without at least two stoppages, but I am going to try again.

Hi all new here and first post.....I'm still waiting for SW to come out with Pro Series Sub Compact 1911 in 9mm. Sent them a Email last year asking about it and I was told to "stay tuned".

Hi all new here and first post.....I'm still waiting for SW to come out with Pro Series Sub Compact 1911 in 9mm. Sent them a Email last year asking about it and I was told to "stay tuned".

That would nice.

If I had my choice, they would come out with a commander style 9mm in scandium. Also, I'd prefer non-pro series to get the price down a bit.

Update. Gun came back with new extractor spring. Reduced the problem from twice per mag to about once a mag average over 150 rounds.

Gun is on it's way back to S&W. I can't pour any more ammo into a malfunctioning gun, I hope they figure it out this time.

Update. Gun came back with new extractor spring. Reduced the problem from twice per mag to about once a mag average over 150 rounds.

Gun is on it's way back to S&W. I can't pour any more ammo into a malfunctioning gun, I hope they figure it out this time.

That's disappointing [thinking]. I hope they get it squared away, this time.

That is too bad. Sorry to hear you're having problems even after S&W serviced it. I guess I'll pass on picking one of these up, myself. I hope they shoot it a lot when they test it this time.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot... I wonder sometimes if S&W or others that do repairs fire "3 rounds" and consider it fixed VS cycling the gun 100 times.... Those FEDEX shipment tags surely add up I bet..

Kinda disappointing coming from the Pro series.

Had at least 4-5 failures today that really threw me off at HSC.

I'm torn as whether to dick around with the factory more or just take it to one of the local gunsmiths and have them figure it out.

I feel for you. I was thinking of getting one some day but not any more. As far as sending it back goes, do it. Let them keep paying until they fix it or refund your purchase. The onus is on them to make it work. Crazy for you to pay a smith.

I think I'd agree. I wouldn't want to pay a penny fixing something that never worked. On the other hand it could save you some hassles... or cause more problems

Pay a smith and get it fixed right the first. The reason S&W pays for everything is that no one would actually pay their smith for the work

You think a good smith can make it right? New unproven gun...

A 9mm 1911 is not new or unproven. But its not really a gun that can be slapped together. A good smith can fix it, unless its that stupid external extractor. S&W is just going to do what ever the repair manual tell them

As lugnut and I both said from the beginning, go with the STI. Sell the S&W and call Dawson Precision or Brazos.

Just be careful here. If you let a smith rework the gun the warranty will more than likely fly out the window and you could get stuck btween that rock...

Back
Top Bottom