Does anyone know where to get Ruger parts locally?

Hey Guys, my dad need a recoil spring assembly for an old MK. Does anyone out there know of any shops locally that may have Ruger parts in stock? TIA Booze

you'll probably have to go to Ruger for a recoil spring or try Wolff springs they make springs of various Ruger pistols/revolvers. BTW Ruger MK what? MK I perhaps.

If you call Ruger they would probably mail you one for free...They were very helpful with a couple things I need to replace a year or 2 ago...

Thanks guys, was hoping to find something locally so I can shoot it this weekend. It was to be the wife's first time at the range. I appreciate the help.

The only way you're gonna get one locally is if someone just happens to have one. IIRC Ruger doesn't send out parts like that, they like to take the whole gun in for service.

-Mike

Local to where? New England is a big region; Newport, NH is local to me, though I don't think they offer a pickup window :(

That's the sort of thing you need to plan ahead for, Brownells has Mk I/II recoil springs for ten bucks.

I did look online guys , but most places are backordered. Midway is backed up until april. I did find one place online that has stock they are just a little bit more expensive. Thanks for the help everyone :)

Kevin - I got four tires I'll go anywhere to get a part. Im on the Northshore of MA. Thanks for the link. Tha'ts where ill get the part from!

Last edited:
All 10/22 parts are backordered on shopruger.com I suppose even these assault rifles are not immune to the frenzy.

I would guess that the MK series are sold out as well.

The only way you're gonna get one locally is if someone just happens to have one. IIRC Ruger doesn't send out parts like that, they like to take the whole gun in for service.

-Mike

On more than one occasion Ruger has sent me parts FREE of charge. I'd rate them HIGH for their customer service - with that kind of support, I'll be a lifelong Ruger owner for sure.

@Boozemonkey, did you find a recoil spring assembly locally or did you order online and from who?

I am also looking for a recoil spring assembly for a Ruger Standard/MKI but they are back-ordered at Ruger, Brownells, Numrich and MidwayUSA. Can get the spring through Wolff but the assembly is staked. If anyone has a lead, it is greatly appreciated.
View attachment 61502

Back
Top Bottom