Does anyone know what's going on in Wilmington, MA this morning?

daveshrews

NES Member
So far I've seen 2 low-flying helicopters hovering, state police standing at every MBTA crossing, state police barricading several streets leading towards where the helicopters are hovering, and what appears to be NEMLEC or some other tactical bad-ass looking guys. Anyone have any info?

The anti-Christmas squad looking for Santa or any evidence that the word Christmas is used in any holiday display? HO HO HO!

Seems fuzzy...
Searching for a "gunman who MAY have fired shots", an awful lot of action around some shots fired.
What made him a gunman??
Perhaps something deeper is going on...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/12/01/wilmington-home-surrounded-in-police-standoff/

"Another neighbor told WBZ Radio the man police are looking for has a military background and a collection of weapons and guns. He’s said to be in his 40′s."

Damn damn damn... I hope this doesn't turn out to be shots fired by an otherwise law-abiding gun owner. That only serves to make the rest of us look bad.

I drove right past it all this morning... the APC in that photo drove past my Dunkins as I was getting my coffee. Lots of state police cars, lots of unmarked vehicles, barricaded streets, etc... And the helicopter? It's a pretty big reaction for a "shots might have been fired" call.

someone may have fired shots so they bring in the armored vehicles and para military forces. WTF?

I guess they have to justify the $1/2 mill they spent on it.

wilmington.jpg

Story here:
http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_16749660

The Lowell Sun
Updated: 12/01/2010 01:13:29 PM EST

Scott Fama

By Jon Hill and Evan Lips

Sun Staff

WILMINGTON -- A man fired several shots inside an Oakdale Road home early Wednesday morning, then apparently killed himself, state police said.

Police Chief Michael Begonis confirmed that Scott Fama, 42, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

A police source said Fama, an Air Force veteran, fired a shot into the kitchen ceiling during an argument with his parents. The parents fled the house, and neighbors reported hearing a second shot, the source said.

The source also said police had been to the home many times in the past on domestic violence calls, but none involving weapons.

Wilmington police entered the home at 18 Oakdale Road and found the suspect, an adult male, deceased.

A SWAT team from the Northeast Law Enforcement Council was on the scene by 9 a.m. and had secured a perimeter in the area on Oakdale Road. Homes in the Pinewood and Oakdale roads neighborhood off Route 62 were evacuated.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_16749660#ixzz16tHsmYSK

someone may have fired shots so they bring in the armored vehicles and para military forces. WTF?

I guess they have to justify the $1/2 mill they spent on it.

wilmington.jpg

You have got to be f-ing kidding me...

Some well spent taxpayer dollars right there. [rolleyes] What's the guy in the top hatch doing?

Back
Top Bottom