• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone else have an extremely Liberal sibling?

jhagberg88

NES Member
I have an older brother that was well educated, unfortunately because he went to college he also thinks that your only as good as the school you went to. He starts almost every conversation with someone with "what school did you go to?" when he met my wife thats the first thing he asked and when she answered UMASS Amherst you could almost see him look down on her.

Now i decided to not attend college and go straight into the army from highschool, a decision to him that was wrong and he never fails to let me know that.

He is also extremely anti-gun, and anti-war to the point he would gladly call a returning soldier a baby killer, war criminal etc.

When i came home from my first deployment we had a big family dinner and one of the first things out of his mouth to me was "so how are you doing with your PTSD?" thinking he was being nice I told him it was alright and it wasnt really an issue and he immediately started telling me if i hadnt gone to war or enlisted I wouldnt have any of that and I would be able to live a normal life.

When i got my LTC he decided it would be better if he didnt attend family outings that I would be at because he didnt want to be around someone with a gun, he also never misses a moment to harp on gun control and "common sense" gun laws that he KNOWS would benefit the nation. He starts every one of his anti gun speeches with " just imagine what the world would be like if there were never guns, think of all the kids that would have been saved." I always tell him there isnt any point in day dreaming about something that wouldnt happen, its a waste of time.

Today is my birthday and instead of Happy birthday post on my facebook he put a collage of kids faces that have been killed during OIF and OEF entitled "Their blood is on your hands"

your a douche, end rant.

I went to Florida State and meet Harvard guys that think I'm literally retarded.

I'm pretty sure the blood is on his hands for not being smart enough to create controls and laws that work.

If he's so f***ing smart why can't HE save all the children?

I wish libtards would get criminals that point guns at them for seemingly no reason and come to the realization that you are the only one who can protect yourself and your own.

i have two brothers that are in the union. both are pro 2a, hate illegal imigration and vote democrat blindly. we argue and laugh alot at each other. but your brother is a dick and needs a good liberal beaten

My brother is a combat medic with a couple deployments under his belt, and he would gladly hold your brother down so we could take turns punching him for being a douche.

Personally, I think a kidnapping would be in order; pull up next to him on a street, black bag him, and drive away. We could sit "in the other room" from him and talk about how easy it was to snatch these guys when you know they can't defend themselves, while never taking the bag off his head, then arrange a "ransom" with a loving family member. One person goes somewhere else for 45 minutes, then you take the guy and dump him somewhere where the "loving family member" can come get him 15 minutes later to take the bag off his head and no one's the wiser. Repeat for the other couple million jackasses that think the police are going to rescue them in the 1.5 seconds they would have to react to something like that.

Then again, I know of rape victims who still think "If I had just been able to dial the cops!" instead of "If had a gun, I would have been able to shoot the ****er"

2 of the biggest tards i know went to ivy leage schools. Im sure they are brillant at something, i just cant figure it out yet. Just be happy he doenst show at family events you attend. Ive got some real big libtards in my family as well, just ignore them.

Your brother should have had an "accident" while you were younger and playing outside. Stop talking to him completely and move on with your life. It's not worth dealing with that big of an ******* relative or not.

Beyond that you should at least be punching him in the face. He's your brother. Make him suffer.

Last edited:
I have an older brother that was well educated, unfortunately because he went to college he also thinks that your only as good as the school you went to. He starts almost every conversation with someone with "what school did you go to?" when he met my wife thats the first thing he asked and when she answered UMASS Amherst you could almost see him look down on her.

Now i decided to not attend college and go straight into the army from highschool, a decision to him that was wrong and he never fails to let me know that.

He is also extremely anti-gun, and anti-war to the point he would gladly call a returning soldier a baby killer, war criminal etc.

When i came home from my first deployment we had a big family dinner and one of the first things out of his mouth to me was "so how are you doing with your PTSD?" thinking he was being nice I told him it was alright and it wasnt really an issue and he immediately started telling me if i hadnt gone to war or enlisted I wouldnt have any of that and I would be able to live a normal life.

When i got my LTC he decided it would be better if he didnt attend family outings that I would be at because he didnt want to be around someone with a gun, he also never misses a moment to harp on gun control and "common sense" gun laws that he KNOWS would benefit the nation. He starts every one of his anti gun speeches with " just imagine what the world would be like if there were never guns, think of all the kids that would have been saved." I always tell him there isnt any point in day dreaming about something that wouldnt happen, its a waste of time.

Today is my birthday and instead of Happy birthday post on my facebook he put a collage of kids faces that have been killed during OIF and OEF entitled "Their blood is on your hands"

your a douche, end rant.

He sounds like a a German that voted for Hitler so the later would kill him when came to power.
In short - a moron.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Kick him off your facebooker page (or whatever you do to block/ban him)... You don't need a jackhole like that in your life. We at least know your parents had ONE good kid (not him).

Or turn around and mention how if even ONE teacher/person/potential victim had been armed, the events would have gone very differently.

I'm lucky that my sister isn't that bad. She went to BU (met her husband there too) and has not liked guns for decades. Even though we grew up with them and such. I think somewhere around high school she started going a bit libtard. She is a teacher now, which kind of explains things. She voted for king O, unfortunately. At least she doesn't ask me why I 'need' to have guns. Or look down on me for owning them. If she did, I'd probably tell her to STFU.

Last edited:
I have an older brother that was well educated

Obviously not the same as being smart.

... because he went to college he also thinks that your only as good as the school you went to.

Maybe you could ask him how he's doing paying off his student loans which are likely quite large?

Now i decided to not attend college and go straight into the army from highschool

Thank you for your service!

he also never misses a moment to harp on gun control and "common sense" gun laws that he KNOWS would benefit the nation.

Part of being "smart" is having an open mind and being willing to consider evidence that challenges your viewpoint. If he's half as smart as he thinks he is, he should be willing to give you a chance.

This movie has the potential to change his mind: Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire is now on Amazon

your a douche, end rant.

Agreed, but maybe you can change his mind.

Good luck, and Happy Birthday!

Wow you should really cut him out of your life. There are just some people in life that are not worth keeping around, your brother is one of them.

Happy birthday and thank you for your service.

Happy Birthday!
Thanks for your service!
Your brother lives in a fairly land with rainbows and unicorns!

My sister is certainly left-leaning but she's no moonbat. Over the years we've realized neither of us is going to change the others' mind on the gun control debate, so we just don't talk about it.

My oldest sister is the only liberal left in my family. Shes also the only one who never finished college. Her whole life has been one of working under the table, not paying taxes, receiving "entitlement" payments, having multiple children out of wedlock and generally feeling sorry for herself.

'Nuff said.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

My oldest sister is the only liberal left in my family. Shes also the only one who never finished college. Her whole life has been one of working under the table, not paying taxes, receiving "entitlement" payments, having multiple children out of wedlock and generally feeling sorry for herself.

'Nuff said.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Ugh. Do you still talk to her?

I'm the only one in my immediate family who never finished college. However, I don't care if anyone looks down on me because of it. I run a business and do just fine for myself. F*ck all the condescending pricks out there. So you went to some ivy league college?...

OH GOOOOOOOD FOR YOU. - YouTube

Sorry to say but your brother does not respect you at all. If he did he would at least refrain from making such comments and posts towards you. You guys are blood and blood should be thicker than water but not with him. As for the education thing I graduated from college my father went till 7th grade. He is still one of the smartest men I've ever met. Ditch the douche. I'm just guessing but did your brother get beat up a lot as a kid and is his wife a *itch?

Happy Birthday!...sucks that your brother thinks so poorly of you and the fact that you fought for your country. Even the greatest education can't fix stupid.

Happy birthday and as others suggested, you would be better off without your brother around. It sounds like he purposes tries to be a dick to you and others. Intelligent people do not feel a need to belittle others and insist how bright they are. He went to a good school, big whoops. I went to a good school, I've met many many people who have gone to Harvard, MIT, Yale, Dartmouth, etc. Some are bright, many are very average but did well in HS. My mother is a registered nurse in a surgical unit. She corrects Harvard trained doctors all the time. They don't take too kindly to a nurse correcting someone who walks on water. But they wouldn't need correcting if they did their job well.

A college degree is a piece of paper. It doesn't mean you are smart, it means you passed the required courses and work load. A license for a plumber, electrician, builder, etc. doesn't mean they are smart or good at their jobs. They just have the license, big whoops.

your only as good as the school you went to. He starts almost every conversation with someone with "what school did you go to?" when he met my wife thats the first thing he asked and when she answered UMASS Amherst you could almost see him look down on her.

your a douche, end rant.

first Happy Birthday, and it's You're a douche, if you went to college you'd know the difference [/sarcasm]

we moved into a new neighborhood in April. We are surrounded by Ivy league grads, Dr's, Lawyers, Yale Professors, a Scientist, and a couple CEOs. At a cook out over the summer a few times people asked what I did, and where I went to school (as if where I went to school 25 years ago matters anymore). When I told them I sold food, and that I went to Framingham State, I got some surprised looks and a couple snide remarks.

My response was "but I must have done something right, we live in the same neighborhood and I don't have to look in people's asses to do it" or "Go Figure, I managed to be your neighbor selling french fries"....which is extra funny because the previous owner of our home owned a few McDonalds

It's a pet peeve of mine, and something that I discuss with my kids all the time. Judge people by who they are, not by "things" like where they went to school, or the jobs they do.

your a douche, end rant.

That is ****ed up.

I have an extremely liberal family... including a 'well educated' older brother. We get along ok, as long as politics of any kind dont come up. Years ago it got so uncomfortable at Thanksgiving (my older brother always invited some uber liberal friends to dinner) that my wife and I started going on vacation Thankgiving week to aviod having to deal with them.... its worked out pretty well...

Back
Top Bottom