Do you use an airsoft gun for training?

I have a number of airsoft spring pistols and find them very valuable for drawing practice and a bit less for dry fire - because the trigger on real guns has a different feel than a/s.
I am thinking of getting airsoft analogs of all the real guns that I have for draw/ dry fire practice. My reasoning being:
1. Don't have to unload/reload carry gun for practice all the time.
2. Less holster wear since I favor plastic / kydex holsters.
I wonder if others find airsoft as useful?
Of course using airsoft analogs for training makes me want to make them more distinguishable from real guns. I recall browsing airsoft forums where people were coming up with better ways to remove red paint from the muzzle. I suspect that it may be beneficial to paint both the muzzle and the grip, so I don't end carrying a toy on the street.

Thanks,

Andrew.

I don't do any type of training but know this... a Japanese guy that used only an airsoft pistol for target practice came to the US a few years ago for a competition here. He had a only a few days to shoot the real firearm version of what he had for an airsoft pistol back in Japan. He wound up winning and admitted to having only shot a real pistol for the first time a few days before the contest.
I heard about this on Shooting USA.

Back
Top Bottom