Do you use a gun belt with an IWB holster?

I prefer my kydex reinforced belt for carrying my G26. I wear a kydex reinforced belt or a very thick/stiff leather belt pretty much 100% of the time, carrying or not. I don't have to tighten a good stiff belt near as much as some store bought floppy belt.

Last edited:
It's the friction of the belt around the cam of the buckle that holds the belt closed. The Velcro is there to hold the tongue in place against the belt.
Yes it's infinitely adjustable.
The polymer lined model is more correctly a "polymer insert" as the polymer strip is sandwiched and sewn between the inside and outside nylon. Which adds rigidity.

I wear a kydex reinforced belt or a very thick/stuff leather belt pretty much 100% of the time, carrying or not. I don't have to tighten a good stiff belt near as much as some store bought floppy belt.

Thanks guys. I have always worn a belt like the pictured one. They last a year or 2 before the leather rips. I am thinking a belt like this for non EDC (if I ever do) would also last longer. I just got off the phone and will go there Monday morning before I fly home.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the purpose of that funky buckle loop thing?

What is the purpose of that funky buckle loop thing?
These belts are originally ment to be 2nd chance safety harnesses. They mention it on their Web site. They remind me of utility belts, nothing I would want to wear as a daily driver but beauty is in......

I wear an SOE EDC belt, which is the reinforced kydex insert type. It's decent, but kind of a pain to switch between pants. Plus John Willis is really kind of a dick, and supports losers. His QC isn't everything he says it is either, both belts have strands unraveling.

I'll probably give Browncoat Tactical a shot with my next purchase.

I wear an Ares belt. On my jeans, work parts... Hold anything. I carry in a leather owb, but it would absolutely work for IWB. Super rigid.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks, I have been reading the website and was trying to find out what they meant by polymer. I am getting ready to pull the trigger!

polymer=plastic

All great advice.

I have a belt by Andy's Leather. It is great, and you are supporting a member and a small business.
He has a sale right now

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ed-a-belt-50-shipped?highlight=andy's+leather

Andy is a long-time NES member (dealer? manufacturer?). I bet you could get a belt and matching sling. Support him if you can.

I wear an Ares belt. On my jeans, work parts... Hold anything. I carry in a leather owb, but it would absolutely work for IWB. Super rigid. ...

Got a link?

I went to the Scottsdale Gun Club today and bought the Wilderness Original Instructor 1.5" 5 stitch. You guys were right a good gun belt makes a huge difference. Now my pants are being pulled down on my gun side.

Bullbelt SuperBIO belt. exactly two years owned & worn and I honestly don't think I'll ever need to buy another belt... Well, unless I lose weight

Back
Top Bottom