Do you use a gun belt with an IWB holster?

I started carrying a FS M&P 9 in an IWB Milt Sparks Versa Max II. Right now I am using the everyday belt in the picture. I have no issues with the belt now. But like all belts of that style eventually the little leather strands that separate the holes break. Do you guys buy a dedicated gun belt for IWB or do you just use a strong regular belt?

View attachment 123603

I use an Ultimate Dress Gun Belt made by A Better Belt USA and it makes a huge difference in how well your pistol is supported. I was using a double thick belt I had bought from Duluth Trading but that would start to sag after a short while and I was always readjusting my belt. A real gun belt makes a big difference.

Thanks Frank. I wasn't sure if a real belt would make a difference but it sounds like it does. I do have a little pant sag on that side. I am going to Scottsdale on Thursday and figured I would see what is available at the Scottsdale Gun Club. I have read some threads here about belts and people describing how to measure your present belt to get the right size. But as you can see I don't use a regular 6 hole belt so their instructions don't really transfer to my style.

I wear a beltman belt everyday, HUGE difference. I have a brown and black belt. I bought my brother (who wont touch a gun) a black Beltman belt a couple years ago and he has bought 2 additional styles since.

Thanks Guys, So in looking at the wilderness belt does it loop thru the buckle but it is the Velcro that holds it in place. I like how it would be infinitely adjustable.

No belt but I am fat at the moment. When and if I lose weight that will have to change. To be honest I wear sweats most of the time and the draw string does a great job.

Thanks, I have been reading the website and was trying to find out what they meant by polymer. I am getting ready to pull the trigger!

I'll throw in a vote for Hanks Clothing Amish Belt! Great quality leather belt, even when not carrying. So good, my father and brother have bought them too.

yeah, I do. 1 3/4" wide, double thick, double stiched. I wanted the IWB to stay put, my every day belt was getting just plain sloppy.

I've been using standard leather belts, usually Levi's brand since I started carrying in 2003. 95% of the time I appendix carry, and I haven't had any problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i also wear a wilderness 5 stitch 1.5", i love it, and wear it as my only belt since i got it. carries a gun great, and work awesome all day at work with no gun.

I am going to the Wilderness shop on Friday. I like the velcro and being able to make it as tight as I want and not limited to the nearest belt hole.

Thanks Guys, So in looking at the wilderness belt does it loop thru the buckle but it is the Velcro that holds it in place. I like how it would be infinitely adjustable.
It's the friction of the belt around the cam of the buckle that holds the belt closed. The Velcro is there to hold the tongue in place against the belt.
Yes it's infinitely adjustable.
The polymer lined model is more correctly a "polymer insert" as the polymer strip is sandwiched and sewn between the inside and outside nylon. Which adds rigidity.

Back
Top Bottom