"Do NOT Get a Weapon, OK?"

"Do NOT Get a Weapon, OK?"

"On February 14 2005, Theresa G. (last name withheld) was inside her house in Oklahoma City when she heard commotion coming from the garage. When she went to investigate, she was startled to see her 83-year-old mother, Barbara, struggling with a strange man. Theresa quickly ran to her mother's aid, and managed to disarm the mugger of the knife he was carrying. When he tried to get back into a car with his accomplice, Theresa held on to him, determined to not let him get away. The driver began to pull away, and both Theresa and the mugger were dragged a bit of a distance before the car finally broke free. By that time, a neighbor had come out to help, and Theresa used her cell phone to call 911. Here is a recording of the actual call:

http://www.2asisters.org/stay_informed/spotlight/audio/Oklahoma 911 Call.mp3

Last edited:
People stay on the phone with 911 for the same reason they stayed at the bogus police checkpoint in Colorado. Someone in a position of "authority" told them to.

If I ever have to call 911 to report an intruder, once initial contact is made I will lay the phone down with the line open so what happens can be recorded. But I am not about to encumber my left hand, my left ear, and my brain with crap like this spewed by a .gov drone at the other end of the line.

Their job is to take down a report and send help. Their job is not to give advice of any nature unless it is requested.

The phrase STFU is quite appropriate here.

Good for her. Best part is about half-way through. The intensity of their voices is priceless:

Dispatcher: "to do what?"

Lady: "Well... to make sure this BASTARD doesn't git away"

Good for her. Best part is about half-way through. The intensity of their voices is priceless:

Dispatcher: "to do what?"

Lady: "Well... to make sure this BASTARD doesn't git away"

The correct advice was "if you have a gun, get it and take your mother to a room that has a lock on it and stay there until the police arrive." But helll, a couple of dead women is always better than using an evil gun right?

If I ever have to call 911 to report an intruder, once initial contact is made I will lay the phone down with the line open so what happens can be recorded. But I am not about to encumber my left hand, my left ear, and my brain with crap like this spewed by a .gov drone at the other end of the line.

+1

"Do not go get a gun!"

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

This is what happens when you rely on the state to protect you.

Back
Top Bottom