• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do i want an ar 10

Kinda thinking I want an ar 10 in 308... yes I want that caliber so that's not up for debate lol.

Looking at high end ones LaRue lmt Danny d pws pof

What say the brain trust of nes.

For the record I have 8 ars currently 6 in 556 2 in 6.8 . Also have a 600 yard range. And if I want to stretch out to that I have 2 300 win bolt guns.

Last edited:
Look at Patriot Ordinance Factory, they built an AR10 on a slightly modified AR15 lower and it’s awesome.

Mine here, this one is an SBR but they come in all configurations.

View attachment 408528
Sweet looking blaster they are def on the list. Really I'm not trying to pay retail and pof and pws come up a lot so I'm hemming between those 2

8 AR's is a good start....
yeah, unless you're an octopus you can only shoot 1 at a time. wish i got an ar 10, really want one now, but no way am i gonna pay those prices now. even a build is no bargain here in massachusetts so for me it's off the table.

yeah, unless you're an octopus you can only shoot 1 at a time. wish i got an ar 10, really want one now, but no way am i gonna pay those prices now. even a build is no bargain here in massachusetts so for me it's off the table.
Lol not in mass so they aren't as expensive. I ended up getting a killer deal on almost all of them.

I bought 2 pws mk1s for 950 and 1000

AR10 was a game changer. Similar feel to the AR15, just turned up a notch. Like someone else said, FAL is awesome too. Depends on if you like old school or new school.

Sweet looking blaster they are def on the list. Really I'm not trying to pay retail and pof and pws come up a lot so I'm hemming between those 2

I have a 16 inch PWS, it’s also very nice but it is finicky on ammo and really heavy. Since I picked up the POF I’ve been think about selling the PWS to fund some other stuff.

I have a 16 inch PWS, it’s also very nice but it is finicky on ammo and really heavy. Since I picked up the POF I’ve been think about selling the PWS to fund some other stuff.
Where u from and how much lol

If it is your first AR-10, buy if you can, skip building one because you go down the rabbit hole of finding parts that are compatible. While it's as easy as building an AR-15, I have found that sourcing parts can be a pain in the neck sometimes.....but maybe I was just looking in the wrong places ;)

Lol not in mass so they aren't as expensive. I ended up getting a killer deal on almost all of them.

I bought 2 pws mk1s for 950 and 1000
Since you're not in the PRM, get as many as you can justify in your budget. ;)
I only have 8 ARs currently either built or in process. A couple in 300 Blk, one in 5.56, building two in pistol caliber (9mm and 45ACP) plus have a pair of AR10s in different stages. One is almost finished (can fire, just need to Cerakote the lower and do final assembly). The other AR10 lower still needs to be finished (80% currently). Just need to get one or two other projects done that need to happen sooner and my mill will have cycles for the lowers.

If it is your first AR-10, buy if you can, skip building one because you go down the rabbit hole of finding parts that are compatible. While it's as easy as building an AR-15, I have found that sourcing parts can be a pain in the neck sometimes.....but maybe I was just looking in the wrong places ;)
Lol I already have my full build priced out on larues website for 1241 lol

Lol I already have my full build priced out on larues website for 1241 lol
I've thought about going down this road too. Sell my ba stealth bolt gun that I never shoot and build an AR10 but im kinda on the fence. This thread you started is kinda pushing me AR10 thanks lol

Well lol I've heard reliability issues. I could go ak, ammo and mags. Nice bolty in 308 the new gun thing is happening lol another ar would be fine too lol

Well, I didn't know other things were an option.

I'll be honest, I bought a stripped lower and upper years ago to build an AR10, but haven't gotten around to finishing it. I've built plenty of AR15s, but not fully motivated to do it in a larger caliber yet.

I'm actually on the hunt for a cheap Rem700 in 308. I think I would rather take a cheap Rem700 action and then build it out in a precision chassis.

Find a 10 lower. Pop one of these on top.-

Back
Top Bottom