• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

dissent in 2A case - 7th circuit

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Judge Barrett’s Dissent in Second Amendment Case | National Review

[The federal and Wisconsin laws] would stand on solid footing if their categorical bans were tailored to serve the governments’ undeniably compelling interest in protecting the public from gun violence. But their dispossession of all felons—both violent and nonviolent—is unconstitutional as applied to Kanter.… Neither Wisconsin nor the United States has introduced data sufficient to show that disarming all nonviolent felons substantially advances its interest in keeping the public safe. Nor have they otherwise demonstrated that Kanter himself shows a proclivity for violence. Absent evidence that he either belongs to a dangerous category or bears individual markers of risk, permanently disqualifying Kanter from possessing a gun violates the Second Amendment.

They'll pick on a woman??? Maybe she can show her front-hole and cry and they'll all just stop.

Nice to see a judge realize that not all felonies are the same. Heck, I'm still of the opinion that if you did your debt to society, there shouldn't be a restriction. It isn't like a career criminal isn't going to worry about a permit before obtaining a firearm. Laws are for the honest just like locks are for the honest.

I wish she had mentioned that current federal law acknowledges that persons convicted of certain
nonviolent white collar crimes (antitrust laws, restraint of trade, unfair trade practices),
do not lose their 2nd'A rights.

Bilk people out of millions... 'ok sure, you can have your guns back'
Commit mail fraud in order avoid having to pay for a pair of $25.00 (I'm just throwing that figure
out there), shoe inserts and 'too f***ing bad, no guns for you!'

Next SCOTUS candidate will have to be a woman. This seems like a moderate choice, though I'd have preferred she said "not in jail, you have a right to defend yourself"

The ATF needs to remove the 2 yrs plus BS or maybe add for violent crimes only???
Perfect example is DUI in mAss. Is it right that someone loose a right to a DUI conviction, if it is only that. No one hurt, no accident, only the DUI conviction. Wasn't there someone who was denied an LTC for a DUI conviction that was 20 yrs old?

Yup, but she's in for a rougher ride than Kavanaugh thanks to her decidedly pro-life stance.
Who the F cares anymore.
The dems want to skin each one of us alive, to show their disdain for White Privilege and our denying global warming. So if it makes THEIR heads explode...good, pass the popcorn!

popcorn 2.gif

Back
Top Bottom