Dick's to stock handguns and black rifles

Palladin

NES Member
At Dicks in Nashua last night, heard the manager tell the two sales guys at the firearms counter they'd be getting a shitload more hours.....two people behind the counter at all times, when they start stocking AR's and handguns next month. [wink]

Not sure if this is just going to be the NH stores

Oh! Perp walked out with a handgun! Look everyone! This guy could turn violent at any moment and you'd never see it coming! Watch out for this guy! That'll be fun. I suppose with Cabela's in town now and looking to expand, Dick's needs to stop being dicks.

I couldnt give two shits if Dicks sells handguns or black rifles cuz I would rather give my $$ to other retailers. However if dicks is choosing to stock handguns and killy black rifles it is a sign that the market is big enough they want a piece of it....and thats good to see.

I hope they collect at least an inch of dust before they have to wholesale them.

The First time I bought a rifle from them they handed me a form to fill out, wanting all kinds of personal info I either wrote bogus or exaggerated stuff on the form, I remember one Question was how many kids in the house, I put 13 the guy looks at me and says sir come on do you really have 13 kids, and with out a blink I said yes my wife is very fertile and with that I turned around and left.

Dean

Last edited:
I like a big ol' door on the tent. :)

You never know - the next strong 2A advocate might get his fire lit with an impulse purchase there.

I don't about how anyone else feels, but the small mom and pop gun stores are where I like to spend my money. I get customer service that I couldn't dream of at a big box store. The small shops are manned by anti-gun flunkies who thinks anyone looking at a gun is a criminal. There are so many fantastic gun shops in MA, why would I want to give my business somewhere else. Even if I am saving $20 on a handgun or a rifle, the customer service, knowledgable people selling the guns and after sales support doesn't justify any potential savings from a big box store.

Unless the dynamics of the market have shifted, you'll be able to do better on price and selection at an independent gun shop.

I wonder if Dicks will perp walk the buyers.

Won't buy ammo from Dick's because of their practice of recording my LTC number. I can only imagine the anal probe that would come with a scary black rifle purchase.

I stopped shopping at Dicks after December 2012. This won't change that decision. KTP isn't much farther for me and has a much better selection of everything. Hell I've seen small local shops with a better selection than Dicks. If you need that "big box store" feel, you can go to Bass Pro in Hooksett as the selection is far better.

I like a big ol' door on the tent. :)

You never know - the next strong 2A advocate might get his fire lit with an impulse purchase there.

Yup. Or having them in a box store will take away some of the bad stigma. I doubt a store like Dick's will be taking much business away from gun stores.

Probably some corporate butthole's ploy to make news down the line, like a few weeks before the next election, by saying the Dick's Chain has decided to stop selling assault rifles and handguns because of..."make up whatever politically motivated reason here." Didn't WallyWorld do something like that when Hillary was a board member while her hubby was running?

Let me know when they start giving them away and maybe I'll consider going there.
Until then, they can pound sand.

If the prices are decent they'll do very well in this space. So many gun owners are oblivious to the issues that NES cares about and would much prefer to shop at a big box store like this than at your typical mom/pop gun store.

I'm glad to see it. Although, I'd never give them business.

All the soccer moms going in to buy shorts and cleats will see black rifles in the "target shooting" section. It will work to better normalize the evil AR.

Oh! Perp walked out with a (way overpriced) handgun!

fixed it for you

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad to see it. Although, I'd never give them business.

All the soccer moms going in to buy shorts and cleats will see black rifles in the "target shooting" section. It will work to better normalize the evil AR.

Walmarts have AR15s in NH, last I remember, too. No handguns though. Not sure if they still do, but for awhile Walmart even had Colt 6920s.

-Mike

I don't about how anyone else feels, but the small mom and pop gun stores are where I like to spend my money. I get customer service that I couldn't dream of at a big box store. The small shops are manned by anti-gun flunkies who thinks anyone looking at a gun is a criminal. There are so many fantastic gun shops in MA, why would I want to give my business somewhere else. Even if I am saving $20 on a handgun or a rifle, the customer service, knowledgable people selling the guns and after sales support doesn't justify any potential savings from a big box store.

Most box stores have shitty prices/selection on firearms anyways, with a few exceptions here and there.

-Mike

I wonder if they patched things up with Troy Industries and are now going to honor the agreement they had with them?

Statement from Troy Industries re: Dick’s Sporting Goods

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

http://kitup.military.com/2012/12/statement-troy-industries-dicks.html

Troy and Dicks... sounds like the perfect double boycott.

Most box stores have shitty prices/selection on firearms anyways, with a few exceptions here and there.

-Mike

The only real upside might be that you can use gift cards, coupons, or reward points for purchases, and they might have decent Black-Friday type incentives.

Still wouldn't get me to shop there.

Do you guys not like dicks or something?

After Sandyhook. Dicks yanked all AR's off the shelf in essence, supporting the anti gun rhetoric.
I don't speak for everyone, but I don't give my money to anyone that sides with the kind of stupidity that
perpetuates anything anti 2A if I can help it.

Last edited:
I thought I read a while back that they'd be opening a new subsidiary chain of "Field and Stream" stores where they'd sell EBRs and such.

Is that now off, and they're going to just pump up the "Lodge" section of their existing stores, to sell handguns and a wider selection of (evil, black) rifles?

Back
Top Bottom