Dick's to sell only fudd guns

I'm going to laugh if this 21+ thing goes to the SCotUS and gets all laws discriminating against 18+ adults stricken. It's bullshit that you're legally an adult at 18, but still cannot enjoy the full rights as an adult despite having all of the legal responsibilities and liabilities. Either the age of adulthood is 21 or it's 18, none of this half pregnant crap.

Maybe people are finally realizing that there's nothing cool about walking into a giant brick box with a huge "DICK'S" label above the front door.

This brought a smile to my face. I suspect that many of these companies will learn that entering the culture wars aggressively on any side will be net negative for the bottom line. In Dick's case specifically, I'm betting the pro-2A crowd will have much longer memories than any temporary boost from the anti-gun lobby.
https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/dicks-doesnt-blame-gun-stance-for-holiday-sales-slide/
Dick’s says gun stance ‘won’t be positive’ for 2018 sales

“We were surprised by the outpouring of support” early on, he added, “and we knew there would be people who wouldn’t shop us for anything” because of the policy.

No one needs to shop at Dick's. You can get everything online from a retailer that is at least not overtly anti-2A. Those retailers that stay silent and do nothing behind the scenes will make out best.

"Get Woke, Go Broke." I've been looking for snowboarding or snow mobile pants to use when clearing snow as mine have finally fallen apart after 25 years. Dick's seems to have the best selection, but I absolutely refuse to set foot in their stores ever again.

Hopefully they will go the same way Sports Authority went, first stop the gun-related sales and then go out of business.

Last edited:
other than the time they ran a great sale on Remington green/white box ammo and scored some fair price .380, i've never spent a cent in the gun/hunting department.

Wayland temple supports Dick's' gun safety decisions

Wow... just wow. Remember when "Never again" and "never forget" meant to Jewish people that they would never again be slaughtered by the millions, that they would defend themselves, and would always remember what happened, how it happened, and why?

Well, these people seem to have forgotten. Turn over your security to the government and "let's hope it doesn't happen again" is the new slogan?

Dick’s Posts ‘Deeper than Expected’ Losses Weeks After Taking Anti-Gun Stance

“There’s going to be some pushback and we expected that,” said CEO Edward Stack, in an earnings call with Wall Street analysts, CNN reports. “There are going to be the people who don’t shop us anymore for anything.”

Fortune is careful to tell its readers not to blame the company’s struggles on its anti-gun stance. Dick’s has struggled with “excessive inventory and deep discounting,” and it’s been unable to compete with Amazon and Nike, who have both been pushing customers to make online purchases.

Still, Fortune admits that Dick’s has no direct competition. After Sports Authority’s collapse in 2016, Dick’s became the only national chain of its kind, and investors were hopeful the company could capitalize on its singularity.
[/URL]
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/dicks-deep-losses-anti-gun-stance/
Mere coincidenza, I'm sure. https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/dicks-deep-losses-anti-gun-stance/

Almost like the SJWs go to Walmart instead of buying their overpriced crap - and now they pissed off the real paying customers.
they hated Walmart already. they just go to Amazon, who delivers to their door for less, ad is way ahead in the virtue signal game

Political correctness, also known as agreeing with the left is the new normal, this is what liberals expect retailers to do. I suppose retailers see this as the cost of doing business. Whichever direction the political wind is blowing is where you will find most retailers.

Back
Top Bottom