Dick's to sell only fudd guns

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles - …
One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

Wow, retailers are really losing their minds right now. They can obviously do whatever they want and I can (and will) choose not to give them my business.

They said rhe same after Newtown.

They still sell shiploads of .223 and 5.56 NATO ammo though...

Didn’t they also screw over one of the major AR manufactures? Order a bunch of ARs and then cancel after Newtown? I seem to remember they got all outraged before quietly resuming sales after a while.

Rarely is a company SO appropriately named.

Dicks sporting goods will have to close its doors for good. Never bought anything there in the first place. Just more useless idiots

Publicly-traded company. They can see the writing on the wall and don't want to be in the crosshairs of an emboldened civilian disarmament lobby hiding behind children.

They said rhe same after Newtown.

They still sell shiploads of .223 and 5.56 NATO ammo though...

But now all ammo will be packaged at 10 rounds maximum, limit one box per customer per day.

If you want to shoot a round of trap you’ll need to be stockpiling over a three day period to accumulate the the 25 rounds you’ll need.

And this is different from their prior stocking practices how?
I wouldn't really know, but from what I gather they have not carried AR-pattern rifles in their "Dick's"-branded stores for a while, and the latest move is to remove them from their Field & Stream stores. But someone who shops there could provide better insight.

Seems that policy be in play at their sister stores, Field & Stream. Being that I only see a Mini 14 listed.

Shops in MA won't sell me an AR either. And the same shop that won't sell me an AR won't sell me an M&P 15-22 w/adjustable stock.

Back
Top Bottom