Dick's to sell only fudd guns

28576064_10215756667893466_3656552092600206835_n.jpg

If they don't want to sell certain things, that's one thing. But for them to call on new bans and restrictions means they are actively working against freedom and liberty.

I think that's the big distinction between now and 2012. In 2012 it was lame, but it was more like "ok, its some jerk making a business decision, whatever".

This latest posting by them is pretty much a big, blatant "f*** you" to any gun enthusiast.

-Mike

It's too bad they muscle out most of their competition when they set up shop.

For anyone in the metrowest area... I highly suggest the Natick Outdoor Store. While their selection is smaller, they have great customer service, and can work to even beat prices of DSG on some things.

I got a nice North Face 3-season jacket there 2 years ago. And my son bought some socks for X-mas presents there in December. I haven't been in their hunting/shooting area in at least 5 years.

They are destined to fail b/c there is no reason to go. It's not a compelling store and it has too many product lines yet no depth of product lines. It will go the way of all the other failed sporting-goods franchises.

I've been told there that a 16ga is illegal to hunt with since it is larger than a 12ga, when I asked about the 20ga, I was told that it was a different measurement, when I THEN asked about the 10ga, I was told that was SMALLER, 10 is less than 12. I don't care if people don't know the arcane trivia about naming shotgun gauges, but don't make shit up.

Well you are welcome to join me on a trip to go buy a 9ga. We'll grab some beers on the way to get a better laugh.

I think that's the big distinction between now and 2012. In 2012 it was lame, but it was more like "ok, its some jerk making a business decision, whatever".

This latest posting by them is pretty much a big, blatant "f*** you" to any gun enthusiast.

-Mike

If I was more petty I might try to dig up their virtue signalling from 2012 and try to get some excitable people frothing over their waffling opinion of selling shit. What is to stop them from flipflopping again in a year or two and putting ARs back on sale if the winds never fill their Sail at Dicks?

As it is I can't be bothered to care about them. I would say I will never plan to shop there, but I think the better situation would be if there was a way to extrapolate when they run a loss leader sale and get people to clean them out of that shit then leave without buying anythingelse. Why give them 0 dollars if you can figure how to make them lose money. [banana]

I buy all my Philly Eagles swag at Dicks...

iu

To date I've spent $0

I had bought a couple small things from them in the past few months because I had some discounts but I think this is a good reason to not frequent them at all going forward. Hopefully Bass Pro doesn't go this route not that I recall much non fuddy stuff there.

Why doesn't the NRA and other Sportsman's groups have a list of companies for sportsman to boycott ? Publicize it all over the internet. Spend some of our money fighting back ?

Why doesn't the NRA and other Sportsman's groups have a list of companies for sportsman to boycott ? Publicize it all over the internet. Spend some of our money fighting back ?
Because they still sell Fudd guns, and guess who makes up the majority of said groups.

I wish there were more competition around here.. Other than Dicks, there are no real sporting goods stores in MA. At least near me... Remember MVP Sports

I had bought a couple small things from them in the past few months because I had some discounts but I think this is a good reason to not frequent them at all going forward. Hopefully Bass Pro doesn't go this route not that I recall much non fuddy stuff there.

At least BPS is privately owned.. no shareholders to be beholden to.

-Mike

Exactly!
I did buy from Dick's, sport shoes, ammunition. Did it for number of years.
If they just stop selling some stuff - well, whatever, it is their right to do so. This one is different. Sent them e-mail, and well, to LGS!

Never bought guns or ammo from Dick's. Have in the past bought some clothing items there, and not too long ago I went there to get a cheap spotting scope they had a 50% off sale on to make it worth it. But overall I think I've been in one of their stores less than a half dozen times in my life.

The Moms tried to pressure Cabela’s back in 2015 to forego the 3 day sale of a “Delayed” transfer. They told them to screw.

Bass Pro and Cabela’s are still good to go.

These Companies Are Sticking By The NRA (UPDATED)

Lol huffshit thinks that boycotting MidwayUSA is gonna get them to sever ties with the NRA? Clearly they didn't bother to look at what that company sells. Which reminds me, I need some parts for that P80 G17 frame I just bought from them.

Lol huffshit thinks that boycotting MidwayUSA is gonna get them to sever ties with the NRA? Clearly they didn't bother to look at what that company sells. Which reminds me, I need some parts for that P80 G17 frame I just bought from them.

Well I think maybe it takes a slight insight to the topic in order to decode where a company would land on it. I wonder if they called up GunBroker to see if they were in favor of closing the "online firearm sales loophole". Maybe the Globe can reach out to Four Seasons to see where they land on banning semi autos.

Though I don't agree or support their decision. How many of us were really shopping there in the first place? Even when we could get AR's not once did they even come to mind. When it comes too ammo, I can count how many times on one hand I've bought ammo there (x2, I was a rookie). I don't know about other parts of country, but they've never really been a part of my 2A life. Still a disappointment though.

I hear thru my sources that calls are being made to the BPS stores trying to pressure them to follow suit... HA!! Would be suicide for BPS/Cabelas... I'd say <5% of Dicks sales are hunting/fishing/guns.. while BPS it's probably more like 75%... seriously bad move to follow this lead...

I've only been to BPS in Foxboro and Hooksett.. but I think recall Hooksett selling ARs when I was there.. Obviously BPS pulled them all off the shelves on 7/21/16.

Though I don't agree or support their decision. How many of us were really shopping there in the first place? Even when we could get AR's not once did they even come to mind. When it comes too ammo, I can count how many times on one hand I've bought ammo there (x2, I was a rookie). I don't know about other parts of country, but they've never really been a part of my 2A life. Still a disappointment though.

They will have shotgun rounds which are fairly competitively priced. (Under $50 a case) Other than that the only thing that I have bought there in years is gift cards for my Dad because that's where he buys some running stuff.

I am fine not setting foot in there again, I can pay more for my rounds for trap to thumb my nose at them if need be.

Back
Top Bottom