Dick's to sell only fudd guns

"If only one life is saved..." Ugh. I can tell you this...if they ban cars today they will save a lot of lives instantly. Why is that not an option? Is a person killed by a car not worth it?

^^^^^^^
Sounds like a good going-out-of-business plan. This isn't the first time I've read about a company thinking that they can placate the anti's and not upset their actual paying customers.

"If only one life is saved..." Ugh. I can tell you this...if they ban cars today they will save a lot of lives instantly. Why is that not an option? Is a person killed by a car not worth it?
Only scary black cars!

Well if if's and butts were candy and nuts, OJ simpson would still be in the records books!!!

A few years a go I was at the Dick's in Hanover to pick up some carry ammo to test out in a new gun that I had bought. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had what I was looking for. He said yes, so I asked for four boxes. His response: "FOUR BOXES? HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE YOU GONNA SHOOT?"

Thats the last time I ever shopped there (for anything, not just ammo).

Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

The comments section is all Anti-2A people too. Like when I checked a while ago I found one pro-2A guy.

upload_2018-2-28_9-18-5.png

lol_wut.jpg

Well, f*** that place. I will miss telling people that I got some random piece of my kid's sports gear at The Dick Store though, always gave me a good chuckle.

^^^^^^^
Sounds like a good going-out-of-business plan. This isn't the first time I've read about a company thinking that they can placate the anti's and not upset their actual paying customers.

I wouldn't term it "going out of business" so much as "getting out of that business". Places like that, I will go and check out a gun if I am just tire kicking and don't want to bother a worthy LGS. I can't believe they would really get that much profit from their firearm sales in the first place. They usually list everything for full MSRP right? Pretty sure if they stop selling anything mildly interesting in the firearm department they will lose less than if they piss off the athleisure crowd or some other moms buying their kids different sports equipment every season.

I haven't bought anything from those dicks in years...

Full disclosure, I did have to buy a gift card for Dicks at xmas time for my daughters boyfriend...he likes buying fishing stuff there, there's one local and it saves shipping from basspro or cabelas. I'm not proud I did it, and I felt kinda dirty when I did it, but now that they've gone completely full retard I really wished I hadn't :(

It was a slip. It won't happen again.

i made the mistake of reading the comments section of that NYT article....very scarry.....

Last time I was in Dicks, I was buying box of .380 and shooting the shit with the guy. I made the mistake of mentioning that the old gun actually had printed "9mm" on the slide.
He turned white and told me, "He didn't feel comfortable selling me the wrong type of Ammo".

I had to pull out my phone and show he on Wikipedia that .380 ACP = 9mm Corto and it's not the same as 9mm Luger.

I wouldn't really know, but from what I gather they have not carried AR-pattern rifles in their "Dick's"-branded stores for a while, and the latest move is to remove them from their Field & Stream stores. But someone who shops there could provide better insight.
Yes, it appears they're extending their Fudd-only rifle stocking practice to all 35 of their Field and Stream stores. I cannot say whether this is an actual change in practice not having ever been in one.

Yeah??? Why would you buy a new gun from Dick anyhow??? I'm betting it's worse than buying a gun at BPS.

Just like appliances and other items, you are probably 100x better off dealing with a long-time small-business-owner dealer in your AO than ever going to Dick's.

Does everyone remember Jim Zumbo from Outdoor Life Magazine? Lived the life we all dream of, and then stuck his foot in his mouth saying AR-15s were terrorist guns and he didn't like seeing them in deer camp, and lost everything. Let's make this happen with all these cucks.

And eff Dicks anyway. I applied there for a part time job, they said no (legit, since I have no retail experience). They've since sent me notices that I can apply at the golf section or apparel or other places. WTF? I have never played golf that doesn't involve a windmill! Clearly, they count retail experience over knowing WTF you're talking about.

I've been told there that a 16ga is illegal to hunt with since it is larger than a 12ga, when I asked about the 20ga, I was told that it was a different measurement, when I THEN asked about the 10ga, I was told that was SMALLER, 10 is less than 12. I don't care if people don't know the arcane trivia about naming shotgun gauges, but don't make shit up.

Anyway - no use for them yesterday, no use today. I may just go in to leave an upper decker, however.

Last time I went into a Dick's store was around 2013 to get some .223 ammo during the stupid times. I don't recall if I walked out with it, or not. After that, never went in for anything gun related. I think I had gone in there before to get some paintball CO2 bottles refilled (for beer related stuff). I haven't gone back there to get that done either since around the same time. For me, there's really nothing in that place that makes it worth going into for. They're no longer convenient for me to get to (was when I lived in Nashua).

Virtue signaling for marketing purposes...nothing more! The AR's they sold are nothing anyone wanted anyway. If they were truly committed they would stop selling ALL guns.

I haven't been inside Dick's store in a lot of years. I don't recall ever seeing any non-FUDD long guns in their stores when I did go in there back when they ran regular ammo sales and took their coupons for the ammo.

They are typical Dicks and not a place to do business with.

Didn’t they also screw over one of the major AR manufactures? Order a bunch of ARs and then cancel after Newtown? I seem to remember they got all outraged before quietly resuming sales after a while.

Rarely is a company SO appropriately named.
Yes, I seem to remember that. I think it was Troy.

Ahh yes the feel good Liberal term Assault rife...laughable really.

PS: I went into a DICKS once, key word once.

Funny No guns but plenty of these

Search Results

These don't kill tho...

Last edited:
Weren't they already selling only fudd guns? I thought they went FR after sandy hook and pulled what few ARs they sold, etc.

Frankly though screw them. I used to go there to buy a pair of shoes once in a blue moon but I'm not going to give money to someone that hates
freedom that much. f*** em. I'm not a "boycott everything" type either, but if a company is going to go full retard, then they should reap what they
sow.

-Mike

Dicks in Danvers never had shit for ammo, Dicks in Seabrook usually has some decent quantity and the prices are bad. About a year ago I bought some of that Federal Target .22 LR (325) count for .06¢ a round. I asked the kid how many cases they had, he said ten in a case. I said " No, how many cases". He went out back and they had eight cases, I asked if I could have six, he said sure. Didn't check my license either. But from here on out, F**k'em!

Back
Top Bottom