Dick's to sell only fudd guns

“There are going to be the people who don’t shop us anymore for anything.”
Well , he got that part right.

“There’s going to be some pushback and we expected that,”
Correct again.

"Still, Fortune admits that Dick’s has no direct competition."
Wrong . Unless he's referring to the overpriced winterwear that yuppies who's biggest outdoor trek is to the car from the house buy for the logo.
They might have that cornered.
Somehow I've manage for a good while to get through life without setting foot in one of their stores.

Dicks sales are down, I saw one of the business sites. They claim it's not due to gun sales but due to them sucking in general. Way to go a**h***s.

Since Dicks is privately held, these stats are tough to verify without tax filings.

Since Dicks is privately held, these stats are tough to verify without tax filings.

Shouldn't it be "are"?
beavis-and-butt-head-free-vector-800x566.jpg

Last edited:
Didn’t they also screw over one of the major AR manufactures? Order a bunch of ARs and then cancel after Newtown? I seem to remember they got all outraged before quietly resuming sales after a while.

Rarely is a company SO appropriately named.

Yea they screwed Troy - but since we're boycotting Troy now anyway - they can be two peas in a pod of shit.

Using this f***ed up stock system we have, is there any way we can somehow or another invest in/bet on dick's failure? LMAO

A quote from the old "Laugh In" show........"Say Goodnight Dick/s"

Ive never set foot in one of their stores and never intend to.

I haven't stepped foot inside Dick's for 4-5 years and never will. I did read that they had a big fall in sales. I would hope that no respectful Sportsperson, Outdoors person, 2A believer and supporters thereof would ever set foot in there. If they are teetering then lets all ease them over the cliff in the coming months.

Even before this Dick's was...well, pretty Dicked up. Over the last couple of years, when shopping online for my wife's running gear, I'll see a link to Dick's for a shoe or jacket or some such I want. Price looks good, but when you click the link, the shoes are only available in 2EE or 15BB, and the (women's running) jacket is only available in 6XL. It's like shopping at a store that's just been looted.

Considering their BIG gun season is FALL, we shall see, rabbit. We shall see.

And while the stock jumped, the stock is nowhere NEAR priced at market levels. Still depressed. Should stay that way. A 10% clip in sales will cause some serious worries.

I still go there.

I crap and don't flush.
I move clothes around.
I take shoes out of boxes.
I move things on the shelves.
I put all the XS sized stuff on the top so the end user (probably) can't reach it.
I put all the XXXL sized stuff low so they (probably) have trouble bending over to get it.

My wife is in Michael's anyway (yes, the plaza has "Michael's Dicks") so I gotta waste my time being childish anyway.

My wife is in Michael's anyway (yes, the plaza has "Michael's Dicks") so I gotta waste my time being childish anyway.

I’d use this time wisely to find the nearest Coldstone Creamery as your wife will likely be spending a ton of time at the crafts store.

I wonder how many SJWs are trying to make a “statement” by shopping there right now. I would bet there is quite a lot of that. I would also suspect that they are not their “regular” people and it will not last.

I’d expect in a month or so, after the short term memory- hashtag everything- I eat tide pods and snort condoms crowd, feel sufficiently superior and smug they will quickly forget about Dicks. And they will rapidly tank.

I bought from Dick's once. I had to. They sold me 420 round ammo cans of xm193 on stripper clips and in 20 round boxes for $75.00 instead of $175.00, when no one else had .223.

Political correctness, also known as agreeing with the left is the new normal, this is what liberals expect retailers to do. I suppose retailers see this as the cost of doing business. Whichever direction the political wind is blowing is where you will find most retailers.

And you'll find me walking into a hurricane force headwind looking to find the one retailer(ffl) that refuses to succumb to political correctness to give my business to.

Back
Top Bottom