• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dicks still going down, but still going hard, update post 157

Best in life: Reading the old Dick thread and laughing at those people that think that Dick's was winning 3 months ago. LOL

surprised Dicks is doing as well as they are in light of the market pressure on every other brick and mortar retailer

Guns are the only thing they sell that can't be ordered on line and delivered to your door (ammo too in MA). Amazon will even ship canoes and rowboats.

Unintended consequences of a CEO that forgot that he answers to shareholders, not SJW's.

It's the wonderful apex of a time when CEO's spend an inordinate amount of time with activist shareholders and researchers instead of running their companies. If I were a CEO today, I'd tell all of them to pound sand. Let me do my job. You don't like it, get me fired. But stop second-guessing me and trying to figure our my rationale. It isn't worth it.

Soft sales lead to a hard times for Dick's. They really dropped the balls with the decision to hire anti-civil rights lobbyists. Now they're going to feel the squeeze as they continue to go down. They can massage the numbers all they want, but I don't see a happy ending in their future.

Soft sales lead to a hard times for Dick's. They really dropped the balls with the decision to hire anti-civil rights lobbyists. Now they're going to feel the squeeze as they continue to go down. They can massage the numbers all they want, but I don't see a happy ending in their future.
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!

What do they mean by "10" stores? I mean, they have like 600+ stores across the United States. I would think they would cut hunting out of a lot more stores than that if they thought that sector of their business was dragging their profits down. Not that I really care. I won't spend a rusty nickel there ever again.

They should shut down all the hunting/fishing/archery/firearms-related goods/departments in all their stores.

Then fade away into bankruptcy!

It was the only reason I set foot in the place even prior to all this nonsense.
It sure as hell wasn't for their overpriced golf shirts or running shoes.

Those things were so cool, haven't seen em in years. Also haven't seen the coils that would burn slowly releasing anti mosquito fumes.

I remember going to the drive-in and my father would have two or three of those citronella coils burning at once on the hood of the old Country Squire. I imagine some scientists found that the fumes from those and the charcoal snakes were hazardous and got them outlawed at some point... it's a wonder I'm still alive! Oh, and DSG sucks!

I remember going to the drive-in and my father would have two or three of those citronella coils burning at once on the hood of the old Country Squire. I imagine some scientists found that the fumes from those and the charcoal snakes were hazardous and got them outlawed at some point... it's a wonder I'm still alive! Oh, and DSG sucks!

Damn you must be old because I remember those :)

"Dick’s “strategic decisions” regarding its hunting category likely references the retailer’s decision to implement gun regulations stricter than federal law in the days following the Parkland massacre. Stack’s corporate activism inspired a wave of retailers — including Kroger, L.L. Bean and Walmart — to voluntarily implement age restrictions on gun sales. Stack also announced he would discontinue modern sporting rifles at three dozen Field & Stream locations and destroy the remaining inventory."

IMG_0027.JPG

I still use them

"Dick’s “strategic decisions” regarding its hunting category likely references the retailer’s decision to implement gun regulations stricter than federal law in the days following the Parkland massacre. Stack’s corporate activism inspired a wave of retailers — including Kroger, L.L. Bean and Walmart — to voluntarily implement age restrictions on gun sales. Stack also announced he would discontinue modern sporting rifles at three dozen Field & Stream locations and destroy the remaining inventory."

View attachment 245405

lots of salvageable parts there.

So Cocks literally throws money away by destroying inventory then bitches that profits are down. And this is publicly traded company?

View attachment 245405

Wait a second.... That's not in accordance with ATF directions for destroying firearms!

"Highest consumer confidence in 18 years" - Conference board
"Best consumer environment in his career" - Target CEO

"As expected, sales were impacted by the strategic decisions we made regarding the slow growth, low margin hunt and electronics businesses, which accounted for nearly half of our comp decline," "In addition, we experienced continued significant declines in Under Armour sales as a result of their decision to expand distribution." - Dicks CEO Ed Stack

The Board of Directors should start a search for a new CEO.

I still use them

Me too.

Had a conversation about Dick's with a fairly liberal client yesterday, showing how CEO's aren't there to be SJW's but to answer to shareholders. (With the usual "forget how you feel about guns, etc.,")

I told her Dick's would be out of business in 3-5 years because it would be like a movie theater stopping showing films but still selling popcorn. There isn't enough random popcorn demand to keep the lights on. Same with Dick's. It isn't how many firearms it sold, but the fact that they were known to have a department that had all the accessories along with firearms. Once the guns are gone, gun-owners will go where there is a fuller selection.

While holding her judgement on guns, she totally got it.

Back
Top Bottom