*Developing Story* NFL Quarterback Steve McNair shot to death

..and who will the Brady Campaign et al blame for this? If you said the psycho 20 yr old GF go directly to the back of the class and put the dunce cap on. The correct answer is (drum roll) the gun, of course!

This is a great argument for a 5-day waiting period for all illegal gun purchases.

And the answer is...

Background Check And/Or Waiting Period
Might Have Saved Steve McNair's Life
For Immediate Release:
07-07-2009

Contact Communications:
(202) 898-0792 Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Washington, DC – Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement on developments in the investigation into the homicide of former NFL quarterback Steve McNair:

“Steve McNair’s extraordinary talents helped him avoid defensive linemen for 13 seasons in the NFL but, like far too many Americans, he fell victim to our weak gun laws. The woman who shot and killed Steve McNair purchased her handgun from a private seller who was exempt from Brady Law background checks. Because she was not yet 21 years of age, she was prohibited from buying a handgun from a licensed gun dealer and would have failed a Brady check. In addition, a mandatory federal waiting period for handgun sales may well have prevented this tragedy, since the shooting occurred only two days after she bought the gun. A waiting period and background check may have saved Steve McNair’s life.”

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=1152

Adultery isn't something someone should have to pay for with their life.

True. But there are some things that can push people over the edge. Extramarital affairs are high on the list of unsafe activities. You just never know how people will react in fits of rage or jealousy.

Read on CNN she thought he was going to divorce the wife for her, then thought he was F'ing around with another bimbo also. she shot him while he was sleeping on the couch. Then positioned herself to land in his lap when she shot herself, but she slid onto the floor.

His wife knew nothing about her

True. But there are some things that can push people over the edge. Extramarital affairs are high on the list of unsafe activities. You just never know how people will react in fits of rage or jealousy.

You're right, but even then I have to imagine that the vast, vast majority of love triangles don't end in death. Granted there's always that risk, but I'm not going to blame McNair for his death because he found a new love. Should he have been involved with the girl? No. But he shouldn't have been killed over it, either.

Felger was going on about this on the WEEI morning sports show filling in for Dennis and Calahan. "What a wonderful country where you can buy a 9mm for $100 in the parking lot where you work" kind of crap. At least he did mention that it was illegally purchased.

Maybe this will become this generations "Fatal Attraction", making guys think twice before screwing around

Felger is a horse's arse. They were questioning Tennesee's gun laws saying how it was amazing someone can buy a $100 9mm in a D&B parking lot. So they were bashing the system until one of their interns acknowledged that the gun was purchased illegally. Anytime someone called and asked them to respect the 2 Amendment they pretty much cut them off. You could have got less of a reaction from me if you lowered my sack into a pot of boiling water. These guys shoot their mouths off without doing research because it's convenient. They claim to be a conservative radio talk show but talk out of their @$$es like most of the other libtard radio shows. This girl could have bought a shotgun and used it. She could have bought a muzzleloader and used it. She could have used a sharp set of scissors and used them. Blame the nut job and not the weapon or the system. She used a handgun to try to make it look like someone had killed her but she obviously wasn't all there considering she planned to take her own life. She had nothing to lose and she took away whatever a douchebag of a father/husband McNair's family had.

I woke up to Felger ranting about guns in TN...I usually don't get to sleep in but it pissed me off that the one morning I did I had to wake up to that BS.

Bad way to wake up.

Just found this simple explanation of the chief difference between men and women, and a possible explanation for the recent demise of Mr. McNair and Friend:

bashers7.jpg

Found at: http://magicnegrowatch.blogspot.com/

(Don't ask what Google search terms I used to stumble upon THAT website)

The accompanying text reads (in part) as follows:

We can quit calling Steve McNair a great leader now.
Leadership starts at home.

And I'm no longer all that interested in hearing about the community service work McNair did in Tennessee and Mississippi. Service to community begins at home, too.

If you read this column regularly, you know I'm not the morality police, you know I'm far from bothered by McNair's May-December romance and you probably should've surmised I get my "Becky on" from time to time.

Stop reading now if your preference is sugar-coated, politically-correct, phony-ass pontificating. You can find plenty of that garbage littering the Internet.

I'm going to get knee deep in this Steve McNair tragedy and what it really signifies.

More at the link provided.

Wow.

Speeding isn't something that someone should have to pay for with their life either but if you hit a bridge abutment at 100mph it's probably going to happen.

There are behaviors that invite tragedy. Right, wrong or indifferent that's just the way it is.

When I was younger I would have agreed with you but as I get older the more I disagree with that. Maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't pledge their life to another without understanding what it really means. I think this "do what feels good" mentality has dragged us down the wrong path. That's just my opinion.

When I was younger I would have agreed with you but as I get older the more I disagree with that. Maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't pledge their life to another without understanding what it really means. I think this "do what feels good" mentality has dragged us down the wrong path. That's just my opinion.

I agree that people shouldn't "pledge their life to another without understanding what it really means," but aligning adultery with murder is something I will not do. By sentencing an adulterer to death, you'd be essentially equating the two.

Yet another update:

* Police say Adrian Gilliam told them he sold gun to McNair's girlfriend on July 2
* Gilliam had felony convictions in Florida from 1993, police say

The last legal sale on this gun was 2002. The gun was sold for $100. W(here)TF can I find a $100 9 mm??? [rolleyes]

Man arrested in connection with gun used to kill NFL star

(CNN) -- The Tennessee man accused of selling the gun used to kill former NFL quarterback Steve McNair is in custody facing a federal charge of being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, authorities said Friday.

"This is another example of what can happen with a gun when a felon is selling it on the street with little to no interest other than just selling it for 100 bucks," said Nashville, Tennessee, Police Chief Ronal Serpas.

Authorities said federal agents traced the gun used in the Fourth of July murder-suicide to Household Pawn in Nashville, which sold it in January 2002.

"Further investigation revealed the 9 mm pistol was later sold for approximately $100 to Adrian Gilliam approximately one to one and a half years ago," Nashville police said in a news release.

Gilliam, 33, of LaVergne, Tennessee, told detectives that on July 2 he sold the gun for about the same price to Sahel Kazemi outside a shopping mall.

Police said Kazemi, McNair's 20-year-old girlfriend, used the gun two days later to fatally shoot McNair -- a former Tennessee Titans quarterback and married father of four -- and herself in McNair's condominium in downtown Nashville.

Gilliam had been convicted of second-degree murder and attempted armed robbery in Florida in 1993, according to the new release, and those felony convictions meant that he could not legally be in possession of a firearm.

Along with Serpas, the announcement of the arrest was made by Edward M. Yarbrough, the U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee; James M. Cavanaugh, the Special Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives' Nashville Division; and Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Yet another update:

* Police say Adrian Gilliam told them he sold gun to McNair's girlfriend on July 2
* Gilliam had felony convictions in Florida from 1993, police say

The last legal sale on this gun was 2002. The gun was sold for $100. W(here)TF can I find a $100 9 mm??? [rolleyes]

I read somewhere that it was a Kel-Tec... so the buyer(s) paid at least $50.00 too much.

Update: Investigation reveals final hours of McNair, girlfriend

Shudder... She was bonkers and he still went over there...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/20/qb.killed/index.html

(CNN) -- The girlfriend of former NFL quarterback Steve McNair had grown frustrated with their relationship and was struggling with financial difficulties in the days before she killed him and herself in July.

Steve McNair, former NFL quarterback, was a married father of four when he was killed last summer.

Details of their relationship were revealed in a case summary released by Nashville police Monday.

McNair, 36, and Sahel Kazemi, 20, were found fatally shot in a condominium in downtown Nashville on July 4. Police have since ruled their deaths a murder-suicide.

"My life is just s--- and I should end it," Kazemi said the night before the couple were found dead, according to Sonya New, her shift manager at a Dave & Busters restaurant. New also said Kazemi was not her usual self and seemed down.

Though McNair was a married father of four, he was seeing Kazemi and at least one other woman, Leah Ignagni, according to Nashville police. McNair had spent the night at Ignagni's apartment on July 2, two nights before he was killed, Ignagni told police.

On the morning of July 4, Kazemi texted McNair, saying she was stressed and needed money to pay bills.

"Baby I might have a break down im so stressed," Kazemi said in one text message. "baby i might need to go to the hospital. baby whats wrong w(ith) me i can hardly breath(e)."

Chris Wall, who provided security for McNair and his family, told police he knew about McNair's relationship with Kazemi. McNair was tired of her calling when he was with his family, Wall said.

Kazemi continued to text McNair throughout the day, asking for money and when she could see him next.

"baby what are u doing," Kazemi asked.

"At the pool with the kids. I got the guy transferring the money," McNair replied.

At 4:04 p.m. on July 3, Kazemi said, "baby I have to be w(ith) u 2nite. I dnt care where." The messages continued for more than eight hours before McNair said he was on his way to the condo. He had told Kazemi earlier that he wouldn't leave the house "til the kids fall asleep."

McNair and Kazemi exchanged a final series of messages early July 4, when he asked her to leave the front door to the condo open for him.

A final message, sent at 1:14 a.m., simply said, "its open."

About 12 hours later, a friend of McNair's found their bodies.

Geez, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead....

Back
Top Bottom