Detail strip guide for CZ75

Hey guys,

I was given a original CZ75 for Christmas from my wifes grandfather. Its near mint. Its sat unfired for years. Im having a hard time finding a detail strip guide for it though. Its not in any of my books suprisingly.

Any suggestions for online guides?

Id like to get it factory clean and change out all of the springs in it also.

The magazines sat loaded for about 15 years so I have to change those out also.

Thanks
GG

Last edited:
My understanding is that springs do not fatigue under load. It's only the compression/decompression cycles that cause wear. If they've been left alone for 15 years they should still be fine.

Of course I'm not a firearms expert and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I could be wrong. If so, I expect there will be corrections posted fairly quickly...

Detail strip is pretty easy for the 75. After you remove the side assembly remove the gips. After the grips are off you will see the magazine tension spring in the back of the mag well(big flat spring behind mag). Remove the top pin from the spring you need to remove the spring to remove the main spring cap(hammer spring retaining cap). When the tension spring is free on top push in on the main spring cap and remove the pin, before you try to remove the cap pull the tension spring up and out of the cap(there is a relief for it) the cap comes out the bottom with the spring. With the main spring out you can remove the sear block assembly. The sear block is held in by the safety lever pivot pin. The safety is removed by first disengaging the sear spring from it's groove in the safety pin, to find it follow the pin from the safety to the right side of the frame you will see the tail of the spring laying on the pin, it actually is sitting in a groove in the pin, wedge a toothpick under it and push the spring to the right out of the groove. To remove the safety you must also disengage the detent pin from the safety, inside the rail on the left side is a very small stamped steel "V" you need to push the V to the rear to disengage the detent from the safety which you can then pull out the left side, be careful after you remove the sear block the safety detent and it's spring can fall out of the side of the frame. The sear block will then lift out of the frame. To remove the hammer, you can see there is a pin retaining the pivot pin, push the retaining pin up into the frame(it's held down by the sear block) and then the pivot out the left side of the frame, the hammer will lift out. The trigger and trigger bar are not easily removable because the trigger pin is peened into the frame, although the gun is easily cleaned at his point. Reassembly is easy just remember to retract the safety detent(push to the back) and to seat the sear spring in it's groove.

If you take the trigger assembly out. You will need to use a punch to hold Everything together as you drift the top trigger pin back In. Wear safety glasses as well. Those springs like to fly [laugh]

OK Im officially a dumba**. (Smacks himself in the back of the head)

I found a detail strip guide in one of my books. The CZ 75 is not listed under CZ but one of the companies that cloned it (Or imported it, I didn't read it that well).

So if anyone is looking for a detail strip guide with pictures im sure I can scan them for you..........

Back
Top Bottom