Department of Education buying shotguns

Same reason you do. Incase you haven't noticed, gun free zones, such as schools, have been a hotspot for slaying unarmed innocent victims.

maybe they took my advice and are going to teach the kids to shoot trap? I'll be over here holding my breath....

maybe they took my advice and are going to teach the kids to shoot trap? I'll be over here holding my breath....

Ephemeratta beat me to it. They ain't teaching trap with 14" bbls with Ghost Ring sights! Those are riot guns. (one of my former customers, a PD up in VT, wanted a pair of 14" 870s specifically so they could get them out of the car and deployed faster than the 18" bbl versions. Or at least, that's the reason the officer doing the purchasing gave me.)

LOP are designated as the only shotguns authorized for ED

Who woulda' thunk there was even a spec for such a thing.?
But an order for only 27 wouldn't even be enough to cover every door at many big city high schools.

This is probably just for security personnell at the DofE buildings in DC. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Doesn't just about every department in government have their own police force? These are probably for their force's use in their cruisers.

No doubt, our stimulus dollars at work!

Doesn't just about every department in government have their own police force? These are probably for their force's use in their cruisers.

No doubt, our stimulus dollars at work!

Closest.

Read the actual submission, it's Office of Inspector General. These are guys who go after fraud, criminal investigators. I'm guessing there might be a need for something more than a pistol at some point.

Closest.

Read the actual submission, it's Office of Inspector General. These are guys who go after fraud, criminal investigators. I'm guessing there might be a need for something more than a pistol at some point.

Yup, the OIG "Investigation Services" department executes search warrants and serves subpoenas, among other things...

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/om/fs_po/oig/inv.html

Also, while researching this, I found that the EPA "Criminal Investigation Division" procured 40 Glock G19s last year...

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...080&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Back
Top Bottom