• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats push firearms purchasing ban for people who voluntarily give up their 2A rights

Reptile

NES Member

Legislation requires attorney general to establish list of people who agree to be blocked from buying a gun​

House Democrats on Wednesday advanced legislation that would establish a federally controlled list of people who voluntarily agree to be blocked from buying guns.

The bill is aimed at preventing gun suicides, which supporters of the legislation say is claiming the lives of more than 25,000 Americans each year. The proposal from Reps. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and John Curtis, R-Utah, would let anyone who fears they might take their own life with a gun to enroll themselves on a list of people who would then be blocked from buying a firearm.

On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee approved the bill in a party-line vote after a debate in which Republicans said the bill is the latest attempt by Democrats to move the country toward a ban on firearms.

the B.O.R. are protected from the government.

Not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

Plus these bills aren't aimed at criminals, they are bills aimed at infringing on law abiding citizens.

the B.O.R. are protected from the government.

Not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

Plus these bills aren't aimed at criminals, they are bills aimed at infringing on law abiding citizens.
Yup, I'm sure all the criminals and insane are lining up to sign up for this.

Seems to me most mass shooting are done my Democrats so by banning democrats from owning guns a decrease in mass shooting would occur.

This^

Why not just take the names from the voter registration rolls, if you're registered "D", your name automatically gets added to the "No Buy" list.

Once this is in place, the next step is for prosecutors to require "voluntary" inclusion on this list as a plea deal condition.
It will be an obscure opt out checkbox on all government paperwork. So if you miss the box on page 26 of 200 of your taxes or renewing your drivers license one year, no 2A for you.

The whole premiss of this is rediculous. Basically a person who believes they cannot control their own actions to the point that they will kill themselves if given the opportunity. And so will push the responsibility for self control onto the gov. And that will somehow magically prevent their suicide.
BUT if they really wanted to kill themselves, lack of a gun is hardly going to stop them.
BUT since they have admitted they want to kill themselves and can't control their own action, shouldn't they be locked up?

So go ahead and pass the law and create you list of potential suicides. Then lock up everyone on the list because that is the only way you will prevent their self harm. If they don't, the family of the first person on that list to kill themselves will sue the sh@t out of the gov for not doing anything when they had clear information that the person was suicidal.

There is just no way this works out to be a good idea.

Anyone who feels that they are not in control of themselves in this manner has some severe mental problems and would probably benefit from a stay in a facility where they can be monitored and helped. I believe that in itself will disqualify them from purchasing a firearm in the future? I see this as legislators ignoring mental health issues while trying to push feel-good anti-firearm laws, while not understanding either.

Once this is in place, the next step is for prosecutors to require "voluntary" inclusion on this list as a plea deal condition.
This will lead to bad things, first voluntary, then as Rob stated plea deal, soon close friends & family will be able to volunteer you, I can see even employers insisting you’re on the list before you get the job offer. Just look at what they did with the vaccine mandate.
Trojan Horse

And I Am curious to know when they start doing this for the other Amendments as well? Oh, that’s right, just 2A is the bastard child of amendments.

And I Am curious to know when they start doing this for the other Amendments as well? Oh, that’s right, just 2A is the bastard child of amendments.
Don’t worry, there is a healthy attack on 1A, too. Prince stinkytwat and his wife Meghan came here to slowly erode 1A under the guise of safety and combating disinformation and the “violence of words.” They’re obsessed with people saying “mean things” online and want to pass laws to combat it.

Legislation requires attorney general to establish list of people who agree to be blocked from buying a gun​

House Democrats on Wednesday advanced legislation that would establish a federally controlled list of people who voluntarily agree to be blocked from buying guns.

The bill is aimed at preventing gun suicides, which supporters of the legislation say is claiming the lives of more than 25,000 Americans each year. The proposal from Reps. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and John Curtis, R-Utah, would let anyone who fears they might take their own life with a gun to enroll themselves on a list of people who would then be blocked from buying a firearm.

On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee approved the bill in a party-line vote after a debate in which Republicans said the bill is the latest attempt by Democrats to move the country toward a ban on firearms.

This is a great idea, can I enroll in a no-junk-food list?

This will lead to bad things, first voluntary, then as Rob stated plea deal, soon close friends & family will be able to volunteer you, I can see even employers insisting you’re on the list before you get the job offer. Just look at what they did with the vaccine mandate.
Trojan Horse

Hmm, a Trojan horse has the surprise on the inside. This is the Greek soldiers riding on top of the gift horse.

In order to regain your rights you would need a mental health professional to endorse your desire to be able to purchase a firearm. Chances of that happening: < 0.1%.

This is f'ing dangerous. The only true purpose is to expand prohibition.

Yeah, how many people are voluntarily giving up this right in the first place? Enough to justify pursuing the legislation independent of some other motive?

Back
Top Bottom