Mesatchornug

NES Member

View: https://youtu.be/s8amSbvMfVI

meh mr universe GIF

so basically it's the Iron Glock:

1686327188705.png

so basically it's the Iron Glock:

View attachment 761588

Similar ideology; different target audience.

Similar ideology; different target audience.
tempting, but, well, it`s still a very limited machine. and costs a ton, for what it is.
but, i guess, it is a best one for now indeed, probably not gonna get any better than that. i still kinda hope for a similar breakthrough there like the 3d printers went over - but, may not happen.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/fosscad/comments/quaub7/press_your_own_fmda_g17g19_front_rails_no_milling/

Yes the DD module is going to be a lot stronger but one can build the bent rails with hand tools.

those parts really must be steel, not even aluminum. to print them is plain wrong.
i like what aaron was showing as it addresses all the weak spots, but, damn, too much effort for a just a hypotheticals.

those parts really must be steel, not even aluminum. to print them is plain wrong.
i like what aaron was showing as it addresses all the weak spots, but, damn, too much effort for a just a hypotheticals.
You can cut them from stainless and they aren't too difficult to bend with a good bench vice and hammer if you take your time and make hardwood jigs

You can cut them from stainless and they aren't too difficult to bend with a good bench vice and hammer if you take your time and make hardwood jigs

they don't need to be stainless, plain mild would work just fine. Stainless is kurwa to drill.

The real issue is that drilling holes and making rails align must be no more than 0.5 mm off, or have really loose slide and powerful enough round to cycle the gun. 9mm is the lithmus test on how well those are put together.

The other issue people don't realize is that plastic on glocks helps to keep pins in place. You are not so lucky on purely metal on metal pins. A lot of plastic on glocks works to that purpose.

It also looks like they are NOT machining the unlocking block. Those take heavy abuse. Otherwise, glocks are pretty much all plastic, there is no real need to make what was Nylon 6 into steel, in fact if nylon wasn't such a kurwa to print, you can pretty much print lowers as is, they may not last like real glock, but no one really shoots that much anymore.

Last edited:
they don't need to be stainless, plain mild would work just fine. Stainless is kurwa to drill.

The real issue is that drilling holes and making rails align must be no more than 0.5 mm off, or have really loose slide and powerful enough round to cycle the gun. 9mm is the lithmus test on how well those are put together.

The other issue people don't realize is that plastic on glocks helps to keep pins in place. You are not so lucky on purely metal on metal pins. A lot of plastic on glocks works to that purpose.

It also looks like they are NOT machining the unlocking block. Those take heavy abuse. Otherwise, glocks are pretty much all plastic, there is no real need to make what was Nylon 6 into steel, in fact if nylon wasn't such a kurwa to print, you can pretty much print lowers as is, they may not last like real glock, but no one really shoots that much anymore.
The reason that I stated stainless is that it is readily available in the correct thickness and very cheap to have laser cut
Yes - mild steel is easier to work and 0.5 mm is not a very tight tolerance (0.5mm = 20 thousandths) but laser cut is cheap and easy

Usually the locking block is an OEM part bought with the trigger components since those are not regulated

The reason that I stated stainless is that it is readily available in the correct thickness and very cheap to have laser cut
Yes - mild steel is easier to work and 0.5 mm is not a very tight tolerance (0.5mm = 20 thousandths) but laser cut is cheap and easy

Usually the locking block is an OEM part bought with the trigger components since those are not regulated
i am way less interested in gun milling that in a generic universal gcode driven cnc machine, but, this whole sector does not seem to be evolving much, at all. and price level, well...
the gg3-s is probably worth its price, but, it makes you think twice if not more, of what ELSE it is good for, really.

i am way less interested in gun milling that in a generic universal gcode driven cnc machine, but, this whole sector does not seem to be evolving much, at all. and price level, well...
the gg3-s is probably worth its price, but, it makes you think twice if not more, of what ELSE it is good for, really.
Agree
Without releasing a step file for the metal part you have to but their very limited machine which is only available as a traceable purchase.
And they charge about 10x a reasonable cost for the blank.

Agree
Without releasing a step file for the metal part you have to but their very limited machine which is only available as a traceable purchase.
And they charge about 10x a reasonable cost for the blank.
I was really looking into buying one, cranking out some 80%'s and then selling it.

But 80%'s are icky and way too hard to deal with from everything I've read, so I ditched the idea. *tap**tap* Is this thing working?

What is kurwa?

Technically, it is just that. At least, the 1st gen can be used that way - it's just an Arduino and some motors. I keep meaning to play with one and learn to produce g code for it, but city apartments are poorly suited for machine tools...

the other thing about stainless and 4130 or 40 is that they are more bouncy, so pretty difficult to bend exactly. Mild can be hammered into die or jig and it will stay there.

These day SendCutSend is dirt cheap for anything lasercut. So actually something bent is proly a better choice.

This makes me think, would SCS check if you send them g-code for a lightning link :D [pot]

the other thing about stainless and 4130 or 40 is that they are more bouncy, so pretty difficult to bend exactly. Mild can be hammered into die or jig and it will stay there.

These day SendCutSend is dirt cheap for anything lasercut. So actually something bent is proly a better choice.

This makes me think, would SCS check if you send them g-code for a lightning link :D [pot]
They want pdf or similar, and require pretty long legs past the bend...

Back
Top Bottom