• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Decision to carry concealed?

If you plan on carrying, practice like at IDPA matches helps with skills.
The biggest issue is proper training and the mindset.
The Art of Concealed Carry class at GOAL is a great start, thanks to Darius and Jon. The legalities and mindset are the biggest issues, not the shooting skills.
Then take as many other personal protection classes as you can.
Anyone can shoot; the trick is to have the right attitude, know what situations to avoid, what the law demands, etc.
That way you won't be a skilled shooter, having survived a potentially righteous shoot, in jail.

Careful. More talk like that will get you your own Ridley Report exclusive. [wink]

Been there done that. I think there are at least 4 ridley's with me in them. He keeps asking me to do a "Why did you move to NH" video. I keep brushing it off. One of these days he'll break me down and I'll have a video

Statistically speaking,I'm at the very bottom of the list of persons likely to be a victim of violent crime.I'm an upper-middle class white guy in his early 30's that doesn't engage in any criminal activity or drug usage that lives on friggin' Martha's Vineyard.
The chances of me being mugged tomorrow are slightly less than Anne Hathaway seeing me walking down mainstreet,swooning for me and having her way with me right then and there.

Still,I like to be prepared for contingencies.

I carry pretty much because cause I have a small penis.
Thus inadequate, I compensate with a firearm.

Another reason I carry is my overarching fear of brown people.

Finally, After Ruby Ridge and Waco...it's pretty much clear that the NWO is after everyone who was ever on the Rex 84 list. That's me and probably you to.

Sometimes I feel like, with the exception of Lord G#d our Savior, my gun is the only other thing keeping me afloat in a world of avarice and sin. I grab hold of my gun and I grab hold of my Bible being the physical manifestation of my faith, and I pray and I say "Today, Lord, let it be today that I have the fortitude to strike a mortal blow to the heart of Leviathan in your name Lord!"

Thank G#d guns are cheap and easy to get! That's just one more reason to carry lots of them wherever you go. Of course, you can go the gun show route to easy aquisition. The only tough part there is you got to wait for a show but never more than one or two days. In MA, gun shows are so popular, they often have 3 a day on the weekends alone! And they are all free, with free parking no lines, scrupulous dealers and a jovial team-like atmosphere.

Best part of gun shows though is how you don't have to show any identification whatsoever to buy anything you want! You can buy machine guns, well at least the revolver kind, and they're cheap because the government doesn't want them so anyone can buy them. Why, just last week I was standing in line to buy a case of these cheap Bulgarian AK 47's (at $25 each don't you know?) and this little Arab ankle-biter, couldn't a been more than 10, well he cuts in line and buys himself one of those cute "starter model" revolvers in .25 acp from the kids section. I did see his Towelhead father telling him not to shoot it inside so I felt a bit better. Towelhead. I think that's what we're supposed to call them. You know, like being PC and calling the Darkies "African Americans" and the Jews, um.."Jews."

Now me? Well, I don't like crowds and because I have guns, I don't have a lot of friends, so I mostly spend my weekends scanning the net for potential conspiracies and making tinfoil hats, and tinfoil ball bags (yeah, you heard right. well I do want to have children even in the NWO.) So, when I need guns, I just go online and order them up with my fake drivers license. Easy as pie.

Sounds like N.E. Charters. [wink]

Mark L,
I was in your position as well. I got my license not thinking I would ever need to carry.

Soon after I was comfortable with my pistol I began to carry every day and I do not have any plans on stopping.

Congrats on getting your license and you should really try IDPA or IPSC. It's a lot of fun. Check out the pistol competition forum for videos. It really puts you through the moves. Standing still shooting at a target that doesn't move is only fun for so long. At some point you have to practice a somewhat real-life scenario of moving, engaging and reloading.

Mark L,
I was in your position as well. I got my license not thinking I would ever need to carry.

Soon after I was comfortable with my pistol I began to carry every day and I do not have any plans on stopping.

Congrats on getting your license and you should really try IDPA or IPSC. It's a lot of fun. Check out the pistol competition forum for videos. It really puts you through the moves. Standing still shooting at a target that doesn't move is only fun for so long. At some point you have to practice a somewhat real-life scenario of moving, engaging and reloading.
I applied for my license and purchased thinking that I will carry (after I've developed the requisite skill), though I lead a low risk life. Like MasterShinken, I have many, many years of martial arts training. Develoment of those un-armed defensive skills required lots of "real-life scenario of moving, engaging and reloading", I can't imagine armed defense could or should be learned any other way.

I carry pretty much because cause I have a small penis.
Thus inadequate, I compensate with a firearm.

Another reason I carry is my overarching fear of brown people.

Finally, After Ruby Ridge and Waco...it's pretty much clear that the NWO is after everyone who was ever on the Rex 84 list. That's me and probably you to.

Sometimes I feel like, with the exception of Lord G#d our Savior, my gun is the only other thing keeping me afloat in a world of avarice and sin. I grab hold of my gun and I grab hold of my Bible being the physical manifestation of my faith, and I pray and I say "Today, Lord, let it be today that I have the fortitude to strike a mortal blow to the heart of Leviathan in your name Lord!"

Thank G#d guns are cheap and easy to get! That's just one more reason to carry lots of them wherever you go. Of course, you can go the gun show route to easy aquisition. The only tough part there is you got to wait for a show but never more than one or two days. In MA, gun shows are so popular, they often have 3 a day on the weekends alone! And they are all free, with free parking no lines, scrupulous dealers and a jovial team-like atmosphere.

Best part of gun shows though is how you don't have to show any identification whatsoever to buy anything you want! You can buy machine guns, well at least the revolver kind, and they're cheap because the government doesn't want them so anyone can buy them. Why, just last week I was standing in line to buy a case of these cheap Bulgarian AK 47's (at $25 each don't you know?) and this little Arab ankle-biter, couldn't a been more than 10, well he cuts in line and buys himself one of those cute "starter model" revolvers in .25 acp from the kids section. I did see his Towelhead father telling him not to shoot it inside so I felt a bit better. Towelhead. I think that's what we're supposed to call them. You know, like being PC and calling the Darkies "African Americans" and the Jews, um.."Jews."

Now me? Well, I don't like crowds and because I have guns, I don't have a lot of friends, so I mostly spend my weekends scanning the net for potential conspiracies and making tinfoil hats, and tinfoil ball bags (yeah, you heard right. well I do want to have children even in the NWO.) So, when I need guns, I just go online and order them up with my fake drivers license. Easy as pie.

All this nonsense is to say:

You may not feel the need to carry today.

You may not feel the need to carry tomorrow either.

Nevertheless, one day, you may feel that need.

That's why I hope you've seen through the .Gov Anti-2A/Firearms Propaganda Stream, and that you've taken your rights in hand and worked in some capacity to preserve this essential and fundamental liberty. It's not about need, or want. It's always about rights. The one's I was born with, the ones that I'll fight for.

Bravo! th truly sad thing is that charactiure is how the MSM paints us for real. How many times have you seen that very character in a movie/tv show?

Part of the reason I carry is because I'm NOT that guy & want to show that a more-or-less normal, well adjusted person owns/carries too. That and because I don't want to be unarmed if THAT guy is carrying.

The spelling is too good. [grin]

-Mike

More importantly, I knew what he was saying when I was done reading, which is how I know for sure they're not one and the same. [wink]

For the record, I wasn't being insulting to Mr. Duke, but sometimes when I read these internet forums I think that a few of the people posting feel the way that he made a satirical post about.

Back
Top Bottom