Death threat question?

Hey guys and gals...I don't post on here much but I love the information and classified adds. My wife was threatened indirectly from her ex in a text message. It was a text from him to one of his friends...saying that he was having an AR-15 built. After we got one restraining order the judge decided that ten days was enough. But we explained that he said in a text message that he was having a AR built for obvious bad reasons. Now I have many toys myself...I served 4 years in the Corps. This idiot doesn't even know what an AR is. But the fact that the judge had to ask the bailiff what an AR is when my wife was in the court room blew my mind. I was pissed and I still am...my wife's ex just took the class this last saturday. So I know he's going to be applying for his LTC soon. I need help...is there anyway, or anyone that I can talk to about this? I don't think it's right that the dumbass judge let that go!!! My wife's ex is a tool...and I want to stop him from getting his LTC because he made a written text message threat. I need ideas and quick! Thanks

I am pretty sure that if a restraining order has ever been issued to a person (a legitamite one or not...) you are PDQ'd in MA forever for an LTC (suitability)....

You state that the wife what "threatened indirectly". What exactly does this mean? You are asking for the courts to block the 2A rights of someone who has not been charged with a crime, tried and convicted.

I am pretty sure that if a restraining order has ever been issued to a person (a legitamite one or not...) you are PDQ'd in MA forever for an LTC (suitability)....

Totally depends on the department and, potentially, the ability of the individual to mount a federal challenge (state level challenges are held in a marsupial court)

If it was only the ten day order he'll get a license. Only active orders DQ you. You can message me, if you want, I can try to give you a short answer.

Hey Rob my point is that his friend asked if there was anything he could " do "? And my wife's ex said " I'm having an AR built for me...was does that mean to you? I'm not trying to block his rights...he threatened my wife.

Hey Rob my point is that his friend asked if there was anything he could " do "? And my wife's ex said " I'm having an AR built for me...was does that mean to you? I'm not trying to block his rights...he threatened my wife.

You are trying to block his rights. You may not be trying to unjustly block his rights

my point is that his friend asked if there was anything he could " do "? And my wife's ex said " I'm having an AR built for me...was does that mean to you? I'm not trying to block his rights...he threatened my wife.

Text messages are impossible to emotionally interpret. For all you know it could of been a "semi" frustrated joke. From the info you provided.

True I get that...but we have it in writing. And the fact that the judge had to ask someone what an AR is??? Blew my mind. She was trying to get a restraining order for a longer time period like a year.

So far as I can tell you really haven't provided any information to support a death threat....

his friend asked if there was anything he could " do "
Anything he could do about what?

How did you get these text messages?

What was the 10 day restraining order for?

- - - Updated - - -

Just because? I am not getting it?

I'm not getting it either... are you just trying to use an alleged gun as an excuse to get the guy in more trouble?

Is your wife situated such that she can defend herself? If not, why?

I've never seen a sheet of paper stop a bullet.

Restrainaing order = no ltc for you. Let him waste his $ on the class and it will be useless.

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

Nope, not true. you need to list that you have had a RO or temp RO issued against you but it's not a disqualifier. An active one will get your LTC suspended while the RO is against you.

You state that the wife what "threatened indirectly". What exactly does this mean? You are asking for the courts to block the 2A rights of someone who has not been charged with a crime, tried and convicted.

Totally depends on the department and, potentially, the ability of the individual to mount a federal challenge (state level challenges are held in a marsupial court)

I'm with you, I'm not comfortable DQ'ing someone under the MA suitability because someone is a tool. He might not be a nice person, he might make comments that are not nice (they could just be jokes in poor taste, in artful text messages, etc.) and he might make this woman uncomfortable but that shouldn't take away someones rights. If he has not committed a crime, has no record, isn't making real threats, etc. I don't see why he should be denied a LTC.

So far as I can tell you really haven't provided any information to support a death threat....

Anything he could do about what?

How did you get these text messages?

What was the 10 day restraining order for?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not getting it either... are you just trying to use an alleged gun as an excuse to get the guy in more trouble?

The OP should think about this a bit. Any text, a text message, an email, whatever form of writing cannot convey emotion. The same words could be a threat, benign, or a joke. It's very hard to know what the tone or meaning of a word is when it's in text form rather than said. So the OP is getting words through a 3rd party, there is a lot that could get lost in that translation.

The 10 day RO was probably a temp RO which you get by going to the court house and filling out a form then get it issued by a judge. The subject of the temp RO doesn't even know it's going on, they cannot rebut any of the statements made in the form or to the judge, etc. They find out about the temp RO when a cop shows up at their work or house and serves them. Then there is a court date set to extend it. Most likely the judge did not see a need to extend it (i.e. a threat to the woman in this case) and thus the RO was terminated.

Any text, a text message, an email, whatever form of writing cannot convey emotion. The same words could be a threat, benign, or a joke. It's very hard to know what the tone or meaning of a word is when it's in text form.

Dude, totally agree. You friggin nailed it.

How about the whole story? Kids involved? Custody? She cheat on him with you and he lost his Harley in the Divorce maybe? You living in the house he paid for? He a out of work 41 year old, white rapper from Arlington? She loses life savings supporting a loser and finally finds her Prince Charming? Lets hear it?

5wMr7aS.jpg

True I get that...but we have it in writing. And the fact that the judge had to ask someone what an AR is??? Blew my mind. She was trying to get a restraining order for a longer time period like a year.

I believe that in MA emails or text messages are just idle conversation and can't be used like a written piece of paper. etc. At least that's the way it is in real estate.

I believe that in MA emails or text messages are just idle conversation and can't be used like a written piece of paper. etc. At least that's the way it is in real estate.

I've tried a few cases where emails and text messages were considered threats.

Unless my wife is directly in harms way, she is responsible for her ex boyfriends.
it is not my responsibility to keep her ex bfs away from my home....that is her job.
if her ex bf sends my wife txt msgs then she can move in with him.

i think the root issue here is why any womans ex-bf matters at all.
move on.

Back
Top Bottom