Deals and steals

so, i concluded an experiment to find out if those bulb security cameras were any good, and here is the summary.
1702573191347.png

cheap as dirt. to install it initially you get an iphone app, in the app it makes a bar code that you feed to this thing and it hooks up to your 2.4ghz network - cannot work on 5ghz. app starts asking you to sign up for cloud storage plans - f#ck it. ignore. camera does not have battery, so it works as long as power is in the socket. it has a slot for SD card and saves content there.

then proceed to this site and get the 'vms lite' app for pc - not sure why free, but it is a more or less functional security cameras recorder system that can work with multiple feeds.

1702573409839.png

then you will be able to right click at the camera object and this tool gives access to its whole multitude of options via 'remote config'. you can setup the alerts and behaviors of recording. iphone app has very limited set of options - but PC app also can record videos on your PC HDD if you will configure it - place it on google drive to make it saved externally.
after that you can run it as a fully functional security station on a dedicated PC. to begin you need to hit 'Record Conf'
1702573530806.png

and disable non-stop constant recording by unclicking green sections for 'Regular'

1702573586467.png

I think now to buy 2-3 more and put them on a whole peripheral. dunno if it will last, but, damn, it is working. and for $14 with no stupid cloud ransom to be paid.

item link:
Amazon product ASIN B0BN7WRQSVView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN7WRQSV

Last edited:
Well, yeah. I also only use hand made artisan bread for turkey stuffing. I only put high-test gasoline in my vehicle. I had my wife gold-plate her fajeen.

Should you practice sometimes with carry ammo? Sure. 1,000 of it? C'mon. That's like chucking broad heads at your deer target 365 days a year. Practice ammo <> carry ammo.

Everyone does it different.

I practice with better than match ammo. SD of 4, seating depth variation of no more than 0.0005 and powder load within 0.01 grains.

Ammo won't go bad, maybe the guy purchased 1K HP that will last him 5 or 6 years. When ammo is twice as expensive, he will be laughing and you will be crying.

For the record, I'm not picking on Glock. I'll say the same thing about any modern handgun made of plastic and stamped metal parts. They are all over-priced. But if you are willing to pay the big bucks for a super-duper Gucci Special and can afford it, have at it! [thumbsup] Enjoy! [cheers]

Overpriced I'm not sure what kind of stuff you're smoking LOL.... for whatever it is or isn't worth there are a lot of turds made out of solid steel as well or something resembling steel like in the case of high point LOL but seriously though you could do a lot worse on value prop versus a Glock or a Sig P320 or something like that there were a lot of junkers out there for a long time before plastic pistols even became a thing

Overpriced I'm not sure what kind of stuff you're smoking LOL.... for whatever it is or isn't worth there are a lot of turds made out of solid steel as well or something resembling steel like in the case of high point LOL but seriously though you could do a lot worse on value prop versus a Glock or a Sig P320 or something like that there were a lot of junkers out there for a long time before plastic pistols even became a thing
Real men carry 7 rounds of 45 with iron sights

It was good enough for pappy in nam

And his pappy against the krauts

And his pappy in the trenches... what can your fancy plastic dumaflatchy do that his real gun cant

You completely missed the context of my reply post (referencing this gun: CUSTOM BUILD MX19 Complete Handgun (3lb Competition trigger) | Matrix Arms). Please read it again. [thumbsup] I wasn't bashing or promoting anything. Just pointing out the super-high mark-up & profit made in plastic guns.

Real men carry 7 rounds of 45 with iron sights

It was good enough for pappy in nam

And his pappy against the krauts

And his pappy in the trenches... what can your fancy plastic dumaflatchy do that his real gun cant
shoot 12 more rounds than the 7 your pappy had

do they still do the unserialized versions?
Great question. Yes, but they’re currently sold out many places very hard to find. Some places you can manage to find Frames only so you’ll need to have a Jig from a previous build or buy separately.

From my other post: Please note: It’s not a bastardized imitation, this is a legit P80 lower already completed, you’ll need to find a dealer for the transfer so keep that in mind! Ah, one more thing. If you get a bastard imitation: beware that it may be compatible with select lower parts, non-proprietory slides, and may also NOT fit in your standard jig. You might have to jerry-rig it in a vice or clamp and custom drill it to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom