Deals and steals

Must use your CLUB Mastercard® to activate discount during checkout

So i would need to have a Basspro Mastercard to take advantage of the 15% off?

Yes, the discount only shows up if you use the card. They're easy to get in store and you can take advantage of 10% sales a few times per month. I tend to pay off cards each month, but they do offer interest free for a year type deals as well.
Last time I had a Cabela's credit card I almost went broke. :( My credit rating plunged and I was forced to give up both my Cabela's credit card and my Sears credit card in order to climb out of credit card Hell. Yes, that was a long time ago when Sears was still around.

The funny part is that each time I go into a Cabela's now they still approach me almost every time and try to sell me on signing up again! 😲

No way José! [laugh] And if they have the time, I tell them my whole sad story! 😄

Last edited:
I respect that they show guns in them. [thumbsup]

my buddy works at the hospital, they get these batteries that come in hard cases, maybe for monitors of some sort, I'd have to ask him or just actually read the case better, but I am working on fitting them like shown. only large enough for one and some mags, maybe an extra box ammo or other accessory. not sure how I'll Aly it ut yet. but the hospital just throws these things out. I should ask him to grab a handful of extras to karma. he lurks these boards!
IN

LOL i'd split this with a friend. aint no way i'm gonna need 1000 hollow points in my lifetime
reminds me of something that happened at the range
It was an indoor range and as is their practice they asked what ammo I was shooting that day. When I show my ammo to the kid behind the counter he feels the need to tell me that I could practice with FMJ instead of the more expensive defence ammo (147g Winchester Silver tip) I had. He was so full of confidence, and just a kid, I had to impart a thought on him. I pointed out that the wrong time to find out your chosen ammo won't run reliably in your carry gun, is when you actually need it.

This is why you buy defence ammo in 1K round, and you should absolutely run a mag or 2 now and then.

Are we "Ammo-Shaming" now? Is that even a thing? What's next?

"Sir, those cookies have FAR too many chocolate chips in them. You're on the list."
Hmmm homemade Toll House cookies. There are things I miss from being married, she could cook. The crazy I can do without.

Last edited:
Interesting (to me anyway) how little money it takes to make a Glock without the Glock name on it. 🤔

If they can sell this Gen3 clone profitably for $220 (or $200 for the complete parts kit), what does it cost to produce? 🥸

Think about that the next time you see the asking price on a Glock or, even worse, on the new Shadow-brand Glock clone. 😂
But it goes both ways, my Gen3 Glock clone was bit more than $200 CUSTOM BUILD MX19 Complete Handgun (3lb Competition trigger) | Matrix Arms

Interesting (to me anyway) how little money it takes to make a Glock without the Glock name on it. 🤔

If they can sell this Gen3 clone profitably for $220 (or $200 for the complete parts kit), what does it cost to produce? 🥸

Think about that the next time you see the asking price on a Glock or, even worse, on the new Shadow-brand Glock clone. 🤨
Guns probably cost $70 to make after the R&D is paid off. But if you buy a normal, non flint gun you get retained value, QC and a real warranty. Which is pretty huge. None of this matters because of somebody is getting poverty shakes over a plastic handgun they probably have bigger things to deal with. Ironically these kind of products actually damage Glocks competitors more than Glock. Like who is going to buy an M&P panty liner hygiene product Shield when they can get a Glock clone for a couple hundred bucks when it's a better gun anyways? I mean if you're going to buy a gun with poor retained value you might as well get one that has parts commonality.

Guns probably cost $70 to make after the R&D is paid off. But if you buy a normal, non flint gun you get retained value, QC and a real warranty. Which is pretty huge. None of this matters because of somebody is getting poverty shakes over a plastic handgun they probably have bigger things to deal with. Ironically these kind of products actually damage Glocks competitors more than Glock. Like who is going to buy an M&P panty liner hygiene product Shield when they can get a Glock clone for a couple hundred bucks when it's a better gun anyways? I mean if you're going to buy a gun with poor retained value you might as well get one that has parts commonality.
Well, first off, I think the R&D on Glocks has been paid off a thousand times over again by now. [laugh]

I also agree that these extra-cheapy Gen3 clones we're now seeing likely aren't hurting actual Glock sales at all. At least outside of Massachusetts with its super-inflated Glock prices and silly rules, anyone who wants a Glock is probably going to go out and buy a Glock. [thumbsup]

My point is only about the ridiculously low cost of putting together a Glock or Glock clone... or almost any other plastic & stamped metal handgun. This is why the retained value is so low (for other than Glocks in moonbatty MA): Because there is no real inherent value there to begin with. 🤔

Are we "Ammo-Shaming" now? Is that even a thing? What's next?

"Sir, those cookies have FAR too many chocolate chips in them. You're on the list."
Yes.

F*cking b*tch, that is a stupid amount of ammo. You don't shoot that much HP ammo. You have never shot anyone. Lying little sh*t with your bullsh*t ammo.

Living in a 99% white neighborhood with above average income.

@drgrant

(some will get it)

Maybe he plans to practice. You know, that thing most people here never do.

Or is too much ammo now a bad thing?

Well, yeah. I also only use hand made artisan bread for turkey stuffing. I only put high-test gasoline in my vehicle. I had my wife gold-plate her fajeen.

Should you practice sometimes with carry ammo? Sure. 1,000 of it? C'mon. That's like chucking broad heads at your deer target 365 days a year. Practice ammo <> carry ammo.

I tried crumbl cookies. Some of the worst cookies I’ve ever eaten. I got 1 of each they made and couldn’t find one that I’d try again. For the price you pay for them I’d rather not have cookies than by theirs.
Each their own they have a few ones im a fan of

Back
Top Bottom