Deals and steals

I have to ask on these Red dots. is the solar panel a gimmick? worth or not worth the added complexity?

If you like the idea of a self-dimming dot, the solar panel is useful. It works quite well, actually. If you don't want the auto-dim, then the solar panel is not worth it for battery life. If you figure out how much extra the solar cost to just save battery life, and then figure out how many 50k hour batteries that would have bought you....

If you like the idea of a self-dimming dot, the solar panel is useful. It works quite well, actually. If you don't want the auto-dim, then the solar panel is not worth it for battery life. If you figure out how much extra the solar cost to just save battery life, and then figure out how many 50k hour batteries that would have bought you....
You're 100% correct.

Then somebody does something silly like make a direct-mount pistol dot with solar and no batteries...

Polymer80 has 50% off everything in stock. Price shows up when you put it in the cart

Www.Polymer80.com
Not that I would buy a Poly AR lower but since when are 80% lowers not shipped to MA

Shipment Not Available to: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington

Polymer80 has 50% off everything in stock. Price shows up when you put it in the cart

Www.Polymer80.com
Selection is very limited and high price to begin with. A couple Black Fridays ago, they had a 50% off sale and that included complete slides for the same price as the bare slides today. Still a good find for small spare parts.

Not that I would buy a Poly AR lower but since when are 80% lowers not shipped to MA
Strange. On the P80 site, it lists what you have quoted, but it also says available exclusively from Delta Team Tactical. When you follow the link to their site, MA is dropped off the list.

Shipment Not Available to: California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Washington

You're 100% correct.

Then somebody does something silly like make a direct-mount pistol dot with solar and no batteries...
Holosun will work fine without a battery, at least in daylight and indoor ranges. With the solar and batt and the shake-awake and you can basically leave it on all the time.

If everything is boycotted, nothing is. Right?
More like, if everything is boycotted, then you have boycotted yourself. In other words, you just locked yourself out from purchasing anything.
Kind of the same thing.
I guess it is all relative to how desirable the product is, and if there are any or enough alternatives available.

More like, if everything is boycotted, then you have boycotted yourself. In other words, you just locked yourself out from purchasing anything.
Kind of the same thing.
I guess it is all relative to how desirable the product is, and if there are any or enough alternatives available.

Did you just triple stamp a double stamp?

Did you just triple stamp a double stamp?
Maybe? OK, now is it 4? Triple, double, 4 of what "stamp" I don't know.

Just buy vegetables and whiskey and kill your own meat. That seems like a safe bet.

Except no vegetables grown in California or overseas.

…and no Canadian whiskey.
Wait, is Canadian Club actually Canadian, or is it just a name, like French fries, French toast, English muffins?

Is it a specific reason, or just "'cause Canada"?

Last edited:
Holosun will work fine without a battery, at least in daylight and indoor ranges. With the solar and batt and the shake-awake and you can basically leave it on all the time.
Agreed. I was more making fun of myself for having just bought one of these as my first pistol dot. Granted, this one isn't meant to go on my EDC or anything.

If it was good enough for my calculator, right?

A couple RAL8000 B5 stocks & a grip on sale
i think i got a stock like that TOGETHER with the buffer tube and buffer for about of $36 last time i needed it. just need to wait for a right sale.

RBU6BM
1Leapers UTG PRO 6-Position Mil-Spec Stock Assembly
$36.99​
$36.99​

i think i got a stock like that TOGETHER with the buffer tube and buffer for about of $36 last time i needed it. just need to wait for a right sale.

RBU6BM
1Leapers UTG PRO 6-Position Mil-Spec Stock Assembly
$36.99​
$36.99​

Congrats that you bought a POS leapers stock & buffer kit

Last edited:
Agreed. I was more making fun of myself for having just bought one of these as my first pistol dot. Granted, this one isn't meant to go on my EDC or anything.

If it was good enough for my calculator, right?
Not everything needs a $800 dot. Anyways, how'd you like it? Did the green work well?

For ham radio ops among you.

Needed a replacement for my old Heil Pro Set 5 headset which has seen better days.
Was thinking about the current Pro Set 6 Elite but had read some bad reviews about the plastic joints.

Well turns out HRO had the Heil Pro Set 7 on sale so I figured I would through the extra dough at that.

The Pro 7 (dynamic element) is $249.95 if you don't mind blue (black is on sale also but not as cheap).

🐯

Back
Top Bottom