Deals and steals

For anyone who may need to destroy some evidence (or a Liberal's mail-in ballot before it makes its way to the mailbox), BJ's has this great deal on paper shredders:

full

Frank
Looks good, but 8 sheets is crap. Most credit card statements will jam it.

I have a 12 sheet and some credit card statement jam it. (I throw the entire envelope in, so it has a bunch of crap besides the statement).

Nope looks like it has a feeder for 80?
Yes, I guess it's an auto feeder that can hold up to 80 pages. I'm good with that. My old one burned up recently after about 20 years, so I needed something anyway, and the price was right.

Edit: but eight sheets at a time if you're trying to manually put through a whole document at once.

Frank

Eons ago, I bought a shredder off of then-nascent Amazon. It was DOA on arrival. AMZN sent a new one. It was NOT the same model. It was MUCH nicer. "Just keep it." That sucker chewed through everything we threw at it for the better part of 8-9 years. Then it died. Replacing it was impossible at any reasonable price-point. We hired a shredding service instead.

So Brownells has finally updated their very old and clunky website making navigation much easier, at lease in my opinion.

Ballistic Advantage, Modern Series barrel, 14.5 inch, 5.56mm, mid gas, gov contour. $97.99 ($152.99)

P.S.> Do not try and run this through your $29 shredder to destroy the evidence (see above).

🐯

Canyon Bicycles is having a major sale on excess inventory. This is the most ridiculous offer: $600 for basically the same bike I'm using now. If you have any interest in trail riding your local woods, this is the one to get. It'll last for years and has great resale value.

full_2021_grand-canyon-5_2613_bu-bk_P5.jpg

Last edited:
Canyon Bicycles is having a major sale on excess inventory. This is the most ridiculous offer: $600 for basically the same bike I'm using now. If you have any interest in trail riding your local woods, this is the one to get. It'll last for years and have great resale value.

This, or a GT Avalanche Sport? And why?

Canyon Bicycles is having a major sale on excess inventory. This is the most ridiculous offer: $600 for basically the same bike I'm using now. If you have any interest in trail riding your local woods, this is the one to get. It'll last for years and has great resale value.

I have a TREK (750?).

Is this one a girl's bike? Do they have the boy's version? Those handlebars look pretty short. Guessing it is just in the photo. I might consider just adding a front suspension to my existing bike.

So Brownells has finally updated their very old and clunky website making navigation much easier, at lease in my opinion.

Ballistic Advantage, Modern Series barrel, 14.5 inch, 5.56mm, mid gas, gov contour. $97.99 ($152.99)

P.S.> Do not try and run this through your $29 shredder to destroy the evidence (see above).

🐯
:( Clunky has been whats kept my cc from overheating

This, or a GT Avalanche Sport? And why?
Id go with the GC5. Cheaper price and full shimano drivetrain. I'm considering hopping on this just to flip on craigslist.
I have a TREK (750?).

Is this one a girl's bike? Do they have the boy's version? Those handlebars look pretty short. Guessing it is just in the photo. I might consider just adding a front suspension to my existing bike.
Lol its a mens bike. They do have a women's version for the wifey. The low angle top tube is so you can lower your seat further for jumpy stuff. Keep if the 750 if you're just doing gravel roads and pavement.

Last edited:
:( Clunky has been whats kept my cc from overheating
Inside joke? "Clunky"?

Lol its a mens bike. The low angle top tube is so you can lower your seat further for jumpy stuff. Keep if the 750 if you're just doing gravel roads and pavement.
Maybe it is a 950. I'm wondering if buying a whole bike is just a little more than the cost of a front suspension in this case.

Maybe it is a 950. I'm wondering if buying a whole bike is just a little more than the cost of a front suspension in this case.
Lol either way your bike is wicked old. Post in this thread if you might more insight. My opinion is to get a new dedicated trail bike for this summer, sell the old one on craigslist or keep as a backup.

Last edited:

I hate you, that is a screaming deal for a hardtail with deore groupset.

Back
Top Bottom