• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Is the handle supposed to be offset from th blade like that?
From KA-BAR’s FAQ:
Hey KA-BAR, I was always wondering why the knife blade isn't parallel with the handle. The blade is situated a couple mm below in line with the handle, why is this?

The USMC knife was originally designed with the tang slightly offset. There were several reasons for this:

1) The offset tang put the handle more in line with the tip of the blade....for thrusting/stabbing.

2) The raised offset tang allowed more room for the fingers on the underside of the handle.

If one looks carefully at WWII vintage knives, you will see the offset but it was not as pronounced. The handle cross-section was rounder back then. KA-BAR has made the handle more oval which makes the offset more visible these days.

Best price I've seen. Complete upper with BCG and CH, $150 off, only $299. I bought the same one a few months ago for $349 and I thought that was a great deal. I'm going to grab a couple more,,,

Polymer80 (KCI manufactured) Glock 17 and 19 mags at Midway today for $8.99. Standard 15/17 capacity or neutered 10 rounders for the same price.

Glock 17
Glock 19

seems like a great deal except the KCI mags have a poor reputation. OEM Glock mags can be had for $20. There’s simply no point in going cheap on the single most important factor to pistol reliability. If malfunctions are encountered, the cost in ammo testing will immediately negate the few dollar saved on a skinflint magazine. Those with a lot of rounds through glocks learn to stick w OEM.

Just grabbed 3 .... with tax, shipping and round up $37. Not bad for metal feedlip mags

better to have 1 OEM mag that works 100% of the time than 3 korean mags that work 80% of the time

seems like a great deal except the KCI mags have a poor reputation. OEM Glock mags can be had for $20. There’s simply no point in going cheap on the single most important factor to pistol reliability. If malfunctions are encountered, the cost in ammo testing will immediately negate the few dollar saved on a skinflint magazine. Those with a lot of rounds through glocks learn to stick w OEM.

better to have 1 OEM mag that works 100% of the time than 3 korean mags that work 80% of the time
I don't like Botach.

Whenever I buy mags from them they just send it in a mailing pouch without protection and when I get them, they are all scratched up.

Some Walmarts have clearance pricing on the Barnett XP 350 Crossbow, marked down to $180 or even $160. Inventory seems spotty, so it's worth checking Brickseek.

IMG_2666.JPG

It's a Walmart exclusive, and reviews are really good. (Comparable Barnetts sell for at least $100 more elsewhere.) It comes with a red/green dot, adjustable stock, and rails up front for mounting foregrips, lights, and lasers. Plus why not start getting ready for the zombie apocalypse?! One followed me home tonight for a little backyard fun that won't frighten the neighbors! :cool:

Some Walmarts have clearance pricing on the Barnett XP 350 Crossbow, marked down to $180 or even $160. Inventory seems spotty, so it's worth checking Brickseek.

View attachment 594064

It's a Walmart exclusive, and reviews are really good. (Comparable Barnetts sell for at least $100 more elsewhere.) It comes with a red/green dot, adjustable stock, and rails up front for mounting foregrips, lights, and lasers. Plus why not start getting ready for the zombie apocalypse?! One followed me home tonight for a little backyard fun that won't frighten the neighbors! :cool:

Barnett 350 Black Crossbow Package, 165lb Draw Weight​

MSRP: $198.00<<<<<<<<<<<?
SKU: 259774476
UPC: 042609002177 View barcode

I just can’t get over their handguard mounting system that looks like it was designed by a 12yr old. It just sticks out like a sore thumb and looks hideous in my opinion. Otherwise I’d own a few.
it is done like that to align top rail perfectly. i do own a few and it is perfect.

Yup, I just saw $204 as the "normal" price.

Online is $204 (Edit: the price is currently $220), and the tags in stores say $228. There's something wonky about those specs, because the box says 180lb draw, and people who've tested with chrono are getting about 365 fps rather than 350. It's pretty much identical to the XP 370 that's on Amazon for $280. Definitely look on Brickseek to see if there are cheaper ones in your area. In Western MA, not many stores carry these. Just checked for a buddy in FLA, and prices were as low as $110!

I put it together last night, and it has a nice look and feel to it.

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

Last edited:
Are they worth the $750?
depends. i would say - yes, as the barrel is quite good. the old ones before their price hike to $1096
were a much better deal, as it would also give a trigger and lower parts.
but considering you are getting a bolt here this deal for $750 is not that much worse than one from primary arms on deals on aero uppers, etc.
i personally prefer their pencil predatAr barrel in 16" - it is considerably lighter and i like it better for a tactical build. but the heavy stealth one will keep tighter groups longer as it heats up.

Last edited:
Online is $204, but the tags in stores say $238. There's something wonky about those specs, because the box says 180lb draw, and people who've tested with chrono are getting about 365 fps rather than 350. It's pretty much identical to the XP 370 that's on Amazon for $280. Definitely look on Brickseek to see if there are cheaper ones in your area. In Western MA, not many stores carry these. Just checked for a buddy in FLA, and prices were as low as $110!

I put it together last night, and it has a nice look and feel to it.

View attachment 594387

View attachment 594386
For 200 clams, it really doesn't look all that bad. I've been needing a crossbow since my surgery, sold all my compounds due to not even gonna try to pull them back. Bicep reattach with a button and 4 wrist bones removed.

HR Block runs a 50% sale, if anybody uses it.
If anyone uses TurboTax I can get you a $25 off code, send me a PM and I'll get it emailed out to you.

Edit:
It appears the link has been updated and the code only works for new filers. If you still want to try let me know.

Last edited:
Midway has the 10 round CMMG AR .22 conversion kit on sale for $132. It's an easy way to run .22 through any 5.56 upper, and with the right ammo they are very reliable. Change settings to single magazine to see the clearance pricing. Addtional mags can be found for $15-20, or an adapter is available that allows you to use 15-22 mags.

Cmmg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom