Deals and steals

Here is a recent review of them at The Truth About Guns:
I’m a big fan of these ear buds. They’re still $129.99 at Optics Planet.

The GS website was amazing. 25% off one, 50% off two. It was a two-fer. I haven’t tested mine out yet.

I just picked up a 30# and a 40# propane tank, along with a couple 1” adapter hoses and fuel filters, to add to my reserves. That should be enough to power the “buddy” for a while. (Or at least keep my propane forges going for extended periods of time.)
[laugh]
0836956F-29AE-4578-92B8-781214C316BD.jpeg

The GS website was amazing. 25% off one, 50% off two. It was a two-fer. I haven’t tested mine out yet.
That’s where I got mine $100 ea for two. They come with a few different inserts (silicone and foam). The instructions say to only use the foam inserts for shooting. If you use foam earplugs correctly, you roll them between your fingers before inserting them and let them expand in the ear canal. The GS ones are hard to “roll” attached to the earpiece. I end up having to force them into the ear canal (while pulling the ear lobe rearward), which is a little difficult. Near impossible if they’re cold. Beyond that, they’ve been fantastic in use. Controls are easy to find and use (they’re on the cable at the nape of your neck) Ambient amplification on the left and BT on the right.

$129 at optics planet.
After looking at the Optics Planet website I’m not sure that the ones from OP are the GS Extreme 2.0. The specs on the one on OP calls for 12 Hours Hearing Enhancement run time (which was the original spec of the “1.0" version) while the 2.0 version on Axil's site says 25 hours. Unless you really want the $2.60 in OP Bucks you’re probably better off getting them from the Axil website and that way you're sure you’re getting the 2.0. Same price, free shipping and back when I got mine no sales tax. Plus the Axil site has a two for one deal (50% off).

For anyone looking for these they do not put them in the sporting goods section with the firearm related stuff. They put them in the storage / auto area as they have no firearm related language on the packaging (ammo)
Or the hardware section with the tool boxes.

So what’s a good one ?

I hear Mountain House tastes the best (for what that's worth), plus buy do it yourself.... canned soup and rice, pasta, canned tuna, chicken, canned veggies, etc

This. Emergency essentials has decent stuff too but honestly I focus more on freeze dried individual items like meats fruits and veggies rather than meals. The meals are overloaded with sodium, the rest are just regularly loaded with sodium lol.

But I look at it as things to add to rice and beans which are cheap and easy to store in addition to canned stuff

After looking at the Optics Planet website I’m not sure that the ones from OP are the GS Extreme 2.0. The specs on the one on OP calls for 12 Hours Hearing Enhancement run time (which was the original spec of the “1.0" version) while the 2.0 version on Axil's site says 25 hours. Unless you really want the $2.60 in OP Bucks you’re probably better off getting them from the Axil website and that way you're sure you’re getting the 2.0. Same price, free shipping and back when I got mine no sales tax. Plus the Axil site has a two for one deal (50% off).
The ones i got from OP are 2.0 version

And 1 for 129 is the best deal. I don’t go to the range with poors. [devil]

All of my poor acquaintances are RELATED to me. LOL

And Mountain House is the shizz. If it wasn't for the cost and sodium and stupid level of calories, I'd eat that stuff all the time. I was SHOCKED at how good it was.

We tried about 5 different flavors back in the day. On GlockTalk, one of the guys there did a group order from Mountain House directly. Price was something like 40% off. Crazy. I stocked up. 20-25 yr shelf life. #10 cans. A great way to have a lot of food for a good amount of time.

All of my poor acquaintances are RELATED to me. LOL

And Mountain House is the shizz. If it wasn't for the cost and sodium and stupid level of calories, I'd eat that stuff all the time. I was SHOCKED at how good it was.

We tried about 5 different flavors back in the day. On GlockTalk, one of the guys there did a group order from Mountain House directly. Price was something like 40% off. Crazy. I stocked up. 20-25 yr shelf life. #10 cans. A great way to have a lot of food for a good amount of time.

Mountain house was the best I'd had till I came across these guys. They were at KTP one day giving out free samples, took one home and it was amazingly good. They're right on route 1 in Kittery.

They're really more backpacking food rather than long term emergency food, they put a 2-5 year shelf life on most things.

This. Emergency essentials has decent stuff too but honestly I focus more on freeze dried individual items like meats fruits and veggies rather than meals. The meals are overloaded with sodium, the rest are just regularly loaded with sodium lol.

But I look at it as things to add to rice and beans which are cheap and easy to store in addition to canned stuff
Do you buy dry beans or canned?

what about MRE's I used to eat them many years ago in the field. They weren't that bad.
I would like to stash at least 30 days of food for the wifey and Me.

There's a few threads on this, this is a good place to start...

Back
Top Bottom