• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Cross posted from the Prep of the day thread… yeah, it’s expensive for meds relative to insurance pricing, but you would need an M.D. to write you all of these scripts at once, which is less likely. Relative to paying cash/no medical insurance it seems like a deal

JASE Medical | Emergency Antibiotic Preparedness

Assuming they are worth anything. Anyone got a line on how decent Panasonic batteries are?

$10 in crazy cash will get my son a few bags of tortolini. LOL
They are carbon-zinc batteries, so they hold about half the charge of alkaline and have a shelf life of only 2.5 years. That said, if there's a use where you need lots and will use them right away, that's a good deal.

Just note that these are Carbon-Zinc batteries, not alkaline. The packaging does not mention anything about product replacement warranty if the batteries leak, but that may not matter if you use them up in short order.
I've had good in getting product value reimbursed due to battery leakage from Energizer and RayOVac. Duracell also offers replacement warranty,
I've also found that Amazon, Energizer Industrial and Ace Hardware batteries do not have a replacement warranty.

Who keeps that many cans of pineapple chunks for Arnageddon?
Hope the beans aren't stored near the furnace.
Where's the Spam?
Is pineapple full of vitamin C?

Loaded With Vitamins and Minerals

In addition to large amounts of vitamin C and manganese, pineapples add to your daily value of vitamin B6, copper, thiamin, folate, potassium, magnesium, niacin, riboflavin, and iron

Furnace is on other end of the house. Spam came later. All that stuff went when I sold the house...gave 90% of it away...food banks, etc.
Have to restock at the new place

01.png

Or some Dinty More for your bug out room..

Damn. I haven't had DM in decades. I used to eat a whole big-ass can of that by myself as a kid. "Wait. They make a whole beef stew in a can?? None of that lame barely-chicken-noodle stuff from Mr. Campbell???"

Where's the Spam?

Hey hey hey. Spam is good stuff. I had a request from Daughter #2 to make the Disney Hawaaiiaaan hash and eggs for dinner on Sunday. Finely cubed Spam, red and green peppers, onion, taters, Teri-yucky sauce and a chipotle mayo squirty for over the top. That and a couple of eggs. Mmmmm. Just be sure no matter WHAT you do - get LOW sodium Spam. Because regular sodium Spam is about 38% sodium, 62% pam.

Damn. I haven't had DM in decades. I used to eat a whole big-ass can of that by myself as a kid. "Wait. They make a whole beef stew in a can?? None of that lame barely-chicken-noodle stuff from Mr. Campbell???"

Hey hey hey. Spam is good stuff. I had a request from Daughter #2 to make the Disney Hawaaiiaaan hash and eggs for dinner on Sunday. Finely cubed Spam, red and green peppers, onion, taters, Teri-yucky sauce and a chipotle mayo squirty for over the top. That and a couple of eggs. Mmmmm. Just be sure no matter WHAT you do - get LOW sodium Spam. Because regular sodium Spam is about 38% sodium, 62% pam.
I have to disagree on the low sodium Spam. I tried it once and in my opinion, not even close to regular Spam in taste (because of less sodium:)).
In my case, 790mg vs 580mg sodium is worth it. Fat, calories, and cholesterol are the same for both. Just remember that one serving is 1/6 of a can.

I swear they made the MRE's I ate 88 - 92 . It was what they tasted like. Not bad

Fits AR pattern bayonet lugs/muzzle devices just like the M7, M9, OCK3s bayonets do.
Sale Price: $49.95 ships from Canada.
tmblm11.jpg

Hanks Belts is having a St Paddy’s day sale:

17%​

OFF YOUR ORDER!​

Use the code below at checkout.
Expires 3-18-2022 11:59 PM EST

SHAMROCK​

They make some great belts, I particularly like their Montana Bison Belt.

Back
Top Bottom