• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

5% off Browning Guns Rebate or what they call a Tax Rebate Sale April 1-April 15th.

I only went back few pages, so if someone already posted this...sorry.

$80 for Sig Romeo. And the audience says, deal or no deal?
I own both the MSR and Romeo 5, the Romeo 5 just seems to have overall better build, fit and finish quality and has tested well on many reviews. For the extra $20 (you can find the Romeo 5 on sale for $99 often) why not get it instead of the bottom of the non total garbage RDS barrel MSR optic? Is the MSR fine for a non total crap teir red (ex: pinty, generic chinese amazon ones) dot? Yeah, but the Romeo is a bit better.

Romeo 5 has better battery life and "shake awake" ..turns itself on when the rifle is touched, better + more compact brightness adjustment. The MSR has kind of a clunky brightness adjustment knob and you have to manually turn it on/off. The flip up lens protectors are clunky as well and some can be diffucult to remove without excessive force. There are dead spots in between settings and maxes out either way up/down the brightness gradient.

I will say both are budget red-dots and the dot itself is nice and bright on either. Both red dots when in front of a magnifier are more like "splotches" or "red streaks" than actual dots. A little less so on the Romeo 5.

Both are great for the money, though.

that's a good $30 worth of lumber, just needs disassembly and you could return it to Home depot for a full refund, they would never know

They would know...

t75O4Hy.jpg

🐯

Update - after using the Chris Kimball Henkle knife for a week or so, I'm not sold. While I agree maybe a SEVEN inch chef's knife (instead of 8 or 6) might work, this doesn't. It just didn't cut smoothly. Sharp, but almost like the whole edge was a fat burr that was chewing through the item. My freshly sharpened Kramer goes through like nobody's business.

Update - after using the Chris Kimball Henkle knife for a week or so, I'm not sold. While I agree maybe a SEVEN inch chef's knife (instead of 8 or 6) might work, this doesn't. It just didn't cut smoothly. Sharp, but almost like the whole edge was a fat burr that was chewing through the item. My freshly sharpened Kramer goes through like nobody's business.

First World Problems...

:)

UN WHO PASGT Composite Helmet, UN Blue

Do you know that one guy who won't stop fixating on the "UN GUN GRAB"?
Do you like trolling other gun owners?
Are you a 1990s or early GWOT veteran with nostalgia?
Do you like wearing woodland camouflage with a very bright blue helmet to make your location extremely obvious?
Did you watch "Siege of Jadotville" and now you think you're the one to stop "the hordes" with your obsolescent battle rifle, BHP, and pot belly?

THEN THIS IS FOR YOU FOR THE EVERY DAY LOW PRICE OF $398.99 PLUS SHIPPING!

1649418989410.png

Don't have a link, but 2A Tactical in Barrington NH is having a 2 day sale on stripped Anderson Lowers. Buy 3 at $39 each, and get one for free! 4 lowers for $117! Thought they would be mobbed this morning, so we got there early....actually a light turnout.

Don't have a link, but 2A Tactical in Barrington NH is having a 2 day sale on stripped Anderson Lowers. Buy 3 at $39 each, and get one for free! 4 lowers for $117! Thought they would be mobbed this morning, so we got there early....actually a light turnout.
Wheb it comes to MA residents, what law do they follow?

Wheb it comes to MA residents, what law do they follow?
What law do you think? It is a 100% receiver, NO NH FFL is going to directly transfer them to a Ma. resident, don't know about a FFL to FFL transfer. Also, they use the NH state NICS system, which usually denotes that it is not a long gun, IE: ok for a pistol build. I could very well be wrong, and I don't speak for their shop. Best bet would be to move out of your Commie state and then you wouldn't have to piss & moan about NH FFLs? ;)

What law do you think? It is a 100% receiver, NO NH FFL is going to directly transfer them to a Ma. resident, don't know about a FFL to FFL transfer. Also, they use the NH state NICS system, which usually denotes that it is not a long gun, IE: ok for a pistol build. I could very well be wrong, and I don't speak for their shop. Best bet would be to move out of your Commie state and then you wouldn't have to piss & moan about NH FFLs? ;)
Don’t rub it in !

Back
Top Bottom