Deals and steals

I'm not sure if this is already being done, but does anybody make a rifle yet that takes the stanag magazines, AR trigger, AR barrel, AR sights, but is bolt operated in a wood stock that looks halfway decent? Would be a GREAT way to get an easily customizable bolt action target/hunting rifle. Kind of like a generic version of a Thompson Encore (is that their rifle companion to the Contender?).

Build one of these, and don't drill the gas port in the barrel.

132a594e57011175739ae8c245f4f11d.jpg

Not a normal bolt operated gun. Looking for more traditional looking rifle, that takes (relatively) inexpensive, common, off-the-shelf parts. Also, eliminate the pistol grip.

Think I found it!

bolt action .22 in black color

Nope! Has a pistol grip!

Last edited:
Shopping

Ballistic Advantage Modern Series 16" 5.56 NATO Government Contour 1:9 Nitride Barrel - Mid-Length - 1/2x28
and Radical Firearms 5.56 NATO/300 AAC Melonite Bolt Carrier Group for $149. Any good quality? OK to MA?

the govt profile is pointless. for only a few more $$ can have a faxon gunner 16" with a proper barrel taper, fluting, etc. faxon's barrels are phenomenal.

Buyer beware on the Howard Leight ear protection from Amazon - I got 4 of them, all FAKE and dangerous! It was the case, at the time anyway, that if the springs for the batteries were coils they were fake, leaf springs real, but china has learned and now you're best getting them from a "real" store.

I've got real HL's. They just don't fit human heads. Work GREAT, but they "leak" from underneath. It's something with the headband. After some fiddling, they'll SORTA work. My Peltor's from a billion years ago suck in comparison, but provide much better protection. :(

I love my CZ452's and 455's. Great rifles.

I used the YoDave trigger kits on my rifles and have a much improved trigger. But I wondered how different the Timney trigger will be.

Please let us know how the new trigger feels.

:)

Thanks I used the code and picked one up, and a Timney trigger for my CZ455.

I love my CZ452's and 455's. Great rifles.

I used the YoDave trigger kits on my rifles and have a much improved trigger. But I wondered how different the Timney trigger will be.

Please let us know how the new trigger feels.

:)

I read some of the people using YoDave's had some wear issues so decided on the Timney. I'll post how the new one is vs stock once I make the swap.

Back
Top Bottom