• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

BLACKHAWK! tried to break into the suppressor game last year but it didn't pan out since Trump didn't make America great again like everyone expected. So their cans are retard cheap right now. They are basically Silencer Co cans with a fancy pattern and laser etching on the side. I grabbed their version of the Omega 9k, the Mini Boss, because it is $500 cheaper and basically the same thing.

Here is an article that talks about getting service and such. Blackhawk Exits the Silencer Business | RECOIL

$350 for a short 9mm can that is rated for 300blk sub AND supersonic:

Blackhawk Mini Boss 9mm/300BLK Suppressor

$375 for a multi cal pistol can, 45/40/9mm:

Blackhawk Smoke Stack 45ACP/9mm/40cal Suppressor

Buyer beware on the Howard Leight ear protection from Amazon - I got 4 of them, all FAKE and dangerous! It was the case, at the time anyway, that if the springs for the batteries were coils they were fake, leaf springs real, but china has learned and now you're best getting them from a "real" store.

interesting, i know amazon refunded people but fk mine SUCK, i have a small head but my god they just dont fit right

Plastic ammo boxes on sale without a coupon at your local Harbor Fright this weekend, 4/20-4/22, for $2.99. I find these comparable to the Plano/Flambeau/Walmart ammo boxes. Don't know how they hold up over decades, but I have been using some for a few years now and they work just fine.

I cannot testify to the quality of this spring popper target on sale at Midway, but the sale price is $100 regularly $170. Again buy at your own risk as I am searching around for something new to shoot for the summer and just came across it.

Champion Center Mass Steel 3/8 AR500 20x6 Auto-Reset - MPN: 44901

I have seen videos of the following 1/2" AR500 spring popper being used and it looks to be fine quality but it comes with a $199 price tag from ShootSteal.

Magnum Spring-Popper

;)

^^^
Unless I'm reading it wrong, looks like Midway also has a coupon posted from Champion for an additional $25 mail in rebate for purchases $99 to $299. Whittled down to 75, sounds like it could be worth trying.

Hmmm. Like I don't already have enough steel that I don't lug down to the range. . . . . Is it a fall and jump up or is it just "we will bend back a bit"? Anyone know? Because the second link is one of those "we just bend a bit" types. Most steel you can tell the hit without need for a little bend. I want that sucker to go 45-90 degrees.

Found it:

http://www.championtarget.com/resou...4900_44901_AR500SteelPopUpTarget_1LIM_web.pdf

Torsion spring. I'll hold for now. But a decent deal. (Couldn't see hitting this with a .338 Lapua. Yikes!)

I cannot testify to the quality of this spring popper target on sale at Midway, but the sale price is $100 regularly $170. Again buy at your own risk as I am searching around for something new to shoot for the summer and just came across it.

Champion Center Mass Steel 3/8 AR500 20x6 Auto-Reset - MPN: 44901

I have seen videos of the following 1/2" AR500 spring popper being used and it looks to be fine quality but it comes with a $199 price tag from ShootSteal.

Magnum Spring-Popper

;)

Ad Blocker Plus updated the other day and it is treating the NES "viglink" translations of the Midway link that I put in my post as an ad.
If you are clicking on the link and a tab momentarily opens in Chrome but then closes, make sure you have ABP disabled for NES.

Found it:
http://www.championtarget.com/resou...4900_44901_AR500SteelPopUpTarget_1LIM_web.pdf

Torsion spring. I'll hold for now. But a decent deal. (Couldn't see hitting this with a .338 Lapua. Yikes!)

The second link I posted might be more to your liking. It is a 1/2 AR500 target mounted on a 3/8 AR500 base.
I am thinking about buying one because it is overkill for what I need and likely to last forever, although I do wish they listed the weight.

In this video it is the larger one.

Turns out if you sign up for the Shootsteel mailing list they will give you 15% off your first order.

So I odered the Magnum Spring Popper seen in posts above.
$199.00

+$1.97 Added two HD stakes (brings cost over $200 for free shipping).

-$30.14 discount

Total $170.83 shipped

:emoji_tiger:

Last edited:
$133 for ONE pair of pants is no deal/steal. For that much, I want the shirt, shoes, hat, and jacket, and maybe raincoat as well! Holy crap! DEFINITELY does not belong in this thread!!!!!
From Rothco or truspec maybe. Crye, first Spear, Arktis, not so much. You get what you pay for.

$133 for ONE pair of pants is no deal/steal. For that much, I want the shirt, shoes, hat, and jacket, and maybe raincoat as well! Holy crap! DEFINITELY does not belong in this thread!!!!!

It's all relative. Not on sale, those pants were likely $250+. That is a deal to someone who needs/wants them.

Back
Top Bottom