Deals and steals

Stout Stuff (STAMBX22) .50 cal ammo can currently $8.97 from Walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stout-Stuff-Metal-Ammo-Box/181890587

I bought four and got free shipping.

I own about 6-8 of this brand already, purchased from Amazon and Walmart, and considered them a good value when I paid $12.83.
So, I consider $8.97 a very good deal. Hopefully the quality has not changed.

Their stuff good? They have a rifle buffer assembly at a good price.

Seems like quality stuff, I wouldn't post the link if I thought otherwise. Supposed to be all made in USA. The recoil springs are nice, they are on sale currently, just ordered a few more of those.

Optics Planet has 10% off + free shipping over $49 with code NEWYEARS . I also find that it’s a great site to use PayPal credit on. 6 months no interest on every purchase over $99.

Wouldn't that be nice! Maybe in 2018 :)

Everyone that would be purchasing one or more of these, take a screen shot.

IF: we Win the case against the AWB / Enforcement change
AND: The price goes up between now and then
AND : We purchase at the higher price
THEN: Class action law suit against MH for losses caused by her illegal activity.

If anyone is looking for a semi auto 5.56 rifle that accepts stanag magazines for a price below the retard threshold, I saw on Facebook that Guns Inc in West Springfield has a Keltec SU16 for $450. I’ve not been there to see it so who knows if it’s still there or not. Also I don’t spend a lot of time browsing gun shops so that may or may not be a good price, but it’s presence alone was enough to get me to post.

Shockingly already price-matched at Amazon with free Prime shipping. The computing power they have to scour the world for deals is just amazing.

Shockingly already price-matched at Amazon with free Prime

I'm still seeing it as 71.97 on Amazon with the high rise mount. Am I missing something? Would like to order one for my wife's rifle and have it here in two days (yes Prime has ruined me).

MAGPUL GEN 2 MBUS FRONT & REAR BACK-UP SIGHTS SET - $49.99 shipped after code "MBUSSET"

User coupon code - MBUSSET to get -$43.00 off MAGPUL GEN 2 MBUS FRONT & REAR BACK-UP SIGHTS SET

The pic on slick guns says the code is only good until 1/10 at noon, but on PSA's site it says good until 1/11 12PM. I just ordered 2 so it works as of now. It's basically half off or BOGO, however you want to look at it. These are the actual firearm sights not the cheap airsoft version.

Since it's PSA you're SOL if you live in MA unless you have an alternate address to ship to.

Bushnell AR Optics TRS-25 Red Dot Sight 1x 25mm 3 MOA - MPN: AR731306C

Bushnell TRS25, $60. I have this optic, has held up well for a year under the recoil of 5.56. The deal includes the mount which is usually another $10 or so.

Thanks. Ordered one to try out. Do these hold up under the reverse recoil of air rifles? Might try it on a 10/22 also. This is new territory for me. I am used to iron sights, and have only otherwise used regular scopes. It is incomprehensible to me how good a smaller dot would be with like 3x or 4x magnification. I wouldn't mind a 4x by 30mm body x 32 lens scope for the 10/22 some day.

If anyone is looking for a semi auto 5.56 rifle that accepts stanag magazines for a price below the retard threshold, I saw on Facebook that Guns Inc in West Springfield has a Keltec SU16 for $450. I’ve not been there to see it so who knows if it’s still there or not. Also I don’t spend a lot of time browsing gun shops so that may or may not be a good price, but it’s presence alone was enough to get me to post.
I have one, not a terrible rifle, underfolder stock, trigger group folds in to the magwell so its short but can't be fired folded but deploys quick enough. Has this goofy foregrip that folds down into a crappy bipod. Better off with a sandbag... Mine is in a Hazard4 bag with a couple of mags ready to go. Worth the price, bought mine on 7/20. It's a semi-auto that takes standard AR mags:)

I'm not sure if this is already being done, but does anybody make a rifle yet that takes the stanag magazines, AR trigger, AR barrel, AR sights, but is bolt operated in a wood stock that looks halfway decent? Would be a GREAT way to get an easily customizable bolt action target/hunting rifle. Kind of like a generic version of a Thompson Encore (is that their rifle companion to the Contender?).

I'm not sure if this is already being done, but does anybody make a rifle yet that takes the stanag magazines, AR trigger, AR barrel, AR sights, but is bolt operated in a wood stock that looks halfway decent? Would be a GREAT way to get an easily customizable bolt action target/hunting rifle. Kind of like a generic version of a Thompson Encore (is that their rifle companion to the Contender?).

Build one of these, and don't drill the gas port in the barrel.

132a594e57011175739ae8c245f4f11d.jpg

Not a normal bolt operated gun. Looking for more traditional looking rifle, that takes (relatively) inexpensive, common, off-the-shelf parts. Also, eliminate the pistol grip.

Well, using AR barrels commits you to an AR bolt, and the easiest way for that to work is an AR bolt carrier and upper receiver. You could make it a side charging handle instead of the standard one.

Otherwise, you're looking at converting a Remington 700 action to a Remage to use the Savage style barrel & nut for barrel swaps, and the Pacific Tool and Gauge R700 bottom metal for AR15 mags.

None of which is particularly inexpensive... For that, a Savage Axis for each caliber.

Well, using AR barrels commits you to an AR bolt, and the easiest way for that to work is an AR bolt carrier and upper receiver. You could make it a side charging handle instead of the standard one.

Otherwise, you're looking at converting a Remington 700 action to a Remage to use the Savage style barrel & nut for barrel swaps, and the Pacific Tool and Gauge R700 bottom metal for AR15 mags.

None of which is particularly inexpensive... For that, a Savage Axis for each caliber.

Hmm. Did not think of that. Actually, it would be the bolt-face, not the entire bolt, right? Maybe a single shot with that bolt-face.

As far as the rest, what you say makes sense. I was thinking of some sort of modular rifle (interchangeable barrels and common magazines) that takes advantage of the many different configurations available in AR barrels. I'm sure someone will come along and do just that one day.

Back
Top Bottom