DC doesn't give a damn about the Second Amendment

We must continue, we cannot give up, but let's not kid ourselves, the balance of history does not weigh in our favor.

Respectfully,

Mark L.

Well Said!

I have started to ask people who complain about various aspects of our government or laws if they have ever actually made a call or written a letter to their lawmakers. It will likely not surprise you that many of them have been silent and in a surprisingly high number do not even vote.

I wonder what the 50 patriots who stood against the British the day the "shot heard round the world" was fired would say to us who sit and complain rather than taking action for our futures and the preservation of this country for our children.

Last I looked, there were more than 5000 NES registrations and GOAL has more than 5000 members (some of them the same NESers). I honestly wonder how many of those have written or called their legistators even once.

There are some among us preparing for anarchy, prepared already for revolution. Well supplied, well armed and ready to defend themselves. I won't judge these folks as they may be visionary... however, we can fight a revolution NOW with our pens and paper or our email.

Just my .02

-Rick

Wonder how much it costs to register and re-certify every 3 years. What a joke.

Dunno - but $100 per year for a MA Non-RES LTC. But then again, I'm not a resident fighting for RKBA in and around my home, so DC elevates the situation.

I think the "negotiation" isn't over yet, meaning NRA will keep at them until they back down some more. If they create a system with the most repressive features of CA, MA, NY, etc., they would establish the new "minimum" in not infringing the 2ndA - so it's worth hammering them even more IMHO.

The real issue with the laws and the sneaky ways they enact them is that they are breaking down the gun owners and pro 2A people by category and interest.

Many hunters don't care about CCW because they don't.
Many people don't care about access to reloading supplies because they don't reload.
Some People that don't hunt are not that interested in lead bans.
Other People don't care about the laws in National Parks because they don't go to them.
Still other people don't care about evil features because their guns don't have them.

Slowly and surely they are breaking down your rights to Keep and Bear arms with laws in every area designed to limit your access to weapons of any kind. THey did the same thing with the self serving voting public. People voting for cantidates, not for the greater good or what they did in the past but for how their cantidate might benefit them.

People voted Obama in because 80 to 90 percent of the population earns less than 100,000 per year and they see the guy as Robinhood. Doesn't matter that he is pitting various working classes as well as the rich against one another. Doesn't matter that he's pitting business against voters.

We are being boiled like frog's in a pan by all of the politicians and their laws. When was the last time a politician drafted a law that increased tarrifs on third world goods coming to the US. When was the last time they enacted a law to keep jobs and manufacturing in the US. They haven't, they don't and they won't. They are nothing more than bought and paid for public employees that are in line ahead of most of the citizens.

It stopped to matter whether the laws made sense or not a long time ago as it did also to whether there is a current law that suits the same purpose that is not being enforced.[sad]

Last edited:
Is this necessary?

what the f*** is wrong with these people?

Vulgar language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself. If you want to be taken seriously, this kind of talk isn't going to help.
Moderator, I thought this sight was to promote responsible gun ownership. Foul language is a free speech issue, but doesn't put us in very good light. It serves only to undermine the publics opinion of us as a group. Gun control advocates want the public to see us as knuckle dragging mental degenerates, and this gives them ammunition.
People posting here need to remember that what they write is open to all the world to see. Please consider what you have written in that light before hitting enter!

Vulgar language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself. If you want to be taken seriously, this kind of talk isn't going to help.
Moderator, I thought this sight was to promote responsible gun ownership. Foul language is a free speech issue, but doesn't put us in very good light. It serves only to undermine the publics opinion of us as a group. Gun control advocates want the public to see us as knuckle dragging mental degenerates, and this gives them ammunition.
People posting here need to remember that what they write is open to all the world to see. Please consider what you have written in that light before hitting enter!

First; it's a site, not a sight.

Second; this post was unhelpful. If you're offended by the posters language, report the post to the moderator via the link provided to do so

Third: While I'm usually the one reminding people this is an open forum, an occasional vulgarity is NOT going to paint us all as Neanderthals - especially when you consider that the person you're castigating is usually a 'voice of reason' on this site.

I take most members here seriously whether they swear or not. He swore to express rage and contemp for useless politicians and their feel good laws that put other people lives in jeapody. Given the personal acts and attitudes of most politicians I would say his comment in comparrison to the dialog of most politicians makes him an intellect. [grin]

You are correct, though it must be stated that the occasional colorful word used as an adjective does add valid emotion to some statements.

RD's going to rip you a new one in a few minutes.

Yes, we are ambassadors to the world and community, but that path doesnt really seem to be getting us anywhere -we seem to be racist, ignorant, redneck, bible thumping killers. At least thats what the media wants people to think.

We are dealing with people who flat out ignore a USSC ruling and you worried about saying f*** on a general discussion forum?[rolleyes]

Personally, anyone who basis their opinion on someones intelligence on their use of swear, in a single post, is a moron. The high and mighty opinions people have of themselves is why this country is in the shitter in the first place.

The idea that you can somehow cowtow to the trash that runs our media is equally sad. They have an agenda and have absolutely no problem lying if thats whats needed to get their agenda accomplished.

Sorry, but your idea is akin to telling the Jews to bite their tongue so that Hitler doesn't get wrong impression about them.

Well of course...when you think that disarming law abiding citizens is going to help deter crime you don't give a damned about anyone but yourself (because you probably have body guards if you are making laws up).

Yup!

Should we get used to being f***ed, if someone wants to f*** us?
If you live in Mass. you should be used to it. Taxation without representation. The sheeple keep electing the same liberal pols year after year so the pols think they have a mandate to tell the masses what they can have. Look at Boston. Menino has a job for life. The city just outlawed the only 2 cigar bars in the city to "protect" the workers who are obviously to dumb to decide if cigar smoke is bad for them.
I hate this state and all big cities that are controlled by the Democratic party machine. They have turned our cities into shitholes of corruption and violence and the sheeple keep re-electing them. I don`t even want to go to Fenway park anymore because I hate having to pay the hotel and restaurant tax to that puke Menino and his corrupt pols like Wilkerson and Turner.

Language?

Are you shitting me? You`re more worried about the F word than you are outraged by the Pols in this country abusing our rights? Every other word out of my mouth when I talk about this state or our nations gun laws begins with an f and ends w/a k. And when I talk about our Pols my most frequently used adjective begins w/M and ends w/R.
Get real. Turn your outrage in the right direction, not at us.

F* the f*ing f*ers.

I see a silver lining, though.

"banning magazines capable of firing more than 10 rounds"

Of all the mags I've looked at, none of them contained a firing pin, hammer, or trigger. I guess those rare magazines actually capable of firing a round are going to be even more expensive, eh?

"No constitutional amendment is absolute." I'd love to see what happens if she were arrested for saying anything in one of her articles. 1A would be absolute at that point, wouldn't it?

I wonder what the 50 patriots who stood against the British the day the "shot heard round the world" was fired would say to us who sit and complain rather than taking action for our futures and the preservation of this country for our children.

They might say that they contacted the representatives of their duly constituted government, and had gotten nowhere.

They might say that, realizing the futility of negotiating with their masters who were intent on enslaving them, they rose up and resisted.

They might suggest that the time has come to consider such radical measures once again.

Of couse, I'm just guessin'. Who can say?

Language facilitates thought and communication. Controlling language is to control thought and communication.

You know, like how the gun control advocates want to control guns?

f*** f*** f***.

Methinks that there is a lot of displaced anger here. It is highly probable that this is yet one more manifestation of post-election rage. hhgrprez does have a point, yet I would never want to see free speech censored (other than the classic of yelling "Fire" where there is none in a crowded theater, etc.) . On the other hand, if you are four letter word advocate, it would behoove you not to then write a post about how social conventions are going down the tube and how we have become a vulgar and coarse society. It would be your right, of course, but also to my way of thinking a tad hypocritical.

The problem of course is that the Brady crew never seems to engage in profanity. Instead they come across as concerned genteel citizens who are only putting the welfare of society especially children ahead of the interests of a bunch of vulgar, narrow minded bigots who as the President Elect said "cling to their God and their guns..."

A very complex issue, indeed.

Mark L.

I didn't negative rep you for using a swear word per se. Let's take what has obviously become a personal feud on your part to the private arena of PM's if you want to discuss this further.

No one said that you wrote a post that was hypocritical. I merely was stating in a general way that if one did; it would be hypocritical, in my opinion.

I support "common sense" restrictions on the First Amendment like yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater where there is none, and surprisingly most so do most who hold all ten amendments in the Bill of Rights dearly.

You are going off the deep end right now because you are angry.

I find it ironic that you are a big supporter of free speech, unless of course something negative is directed at you, then somehow it's different. I am wrong, to render my opinion and give you a negative rep point, eh? It seems to my like I was merely exercising my right of free expression.

It really is a complex issue, isn't it?

I rest my case. Write blistering prose all you want about what a dickhead Mark L. is...because to quote Rhett Butler in GWTW "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." It's your right.

With all best wishes,

Mark L.

Last edited:
I f***ing loathe this "sensible" attachment. There's nothing bloody sensible about these overreaching, Draconian gun-laws that only ensure that the criminal element can wreck havoc, unless of course, you're the damned criminal or their defense attorney.

---

Reminds me of the famous Goodfella's quote:

Then finally, when there's nothing left... when you can't borrow another buck from the bank... you bust the joint out. You light a match.

I agree. They throw these "empty" words around so that everyone will attach to it what they will. So, when one of these gun control advocates gives a speech, every listener has a different idea of what the speaker means, which is what each individual listener wants it to be.

Come on now, just because I am proposing these reasonable restrictions on your hobby doesnt mean that you are an unreasonable person now does it? However since you wont agree to these reasonable restrictions, certainly I can tell my peers that you are, indeed, unreasonable, and thusly should have your arms taken away from you. Why!, you wont even sit down and talk with me about a compromise!! You are quite unreasonable and cannot be trusted with those 'weapons'.

Come on now, just because I am proposing these reasonable restrictions on your hobby doesnt mean that you are an unreasonable person now does it? However since you wont agree to these reasonable restrictions, certainly I can tell my peers that you are, indeed, unreasonable, and thusly should have your arms taken away from you. Why!, you wont even sit down and talk with me about a compromise!! You are quite unreasonable and cannot be trusted with those 'weapons'.

We were warned about the dangers of compromising liberty from an important American patriot:

Mr. Benjamin Franklin said:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I'm not refuting what you said; merely pointing out you're exhibiting behavior you condemn others for. You condemn me for swearing, then do so yourself.

And I'm not angry. I'm still unsure why you think so.

One thing is clear: To quote Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke: "What we have here is failure to communicate." I didn't give you a negative rep point for swearing, but for being what I preceive as petulant and immature. I use profanity all the time and even use it in my posts from time to time...but the person you were chiding made a very good point, so did you until you wrote and I quote: "f***, f***, f*** as if to say: I am going to post that just because I can much like any 13 year old who is feeling really defiant. That's okay, it's your right, but it is also my right to comment on it. We are agreed on that, are we not? If not, then you have some very serious issues with the First Amendment and the Bill of Rights.

Since you will probably never get my point and are hung up somehow (erroneously) that I am chiding you for using "swear words"...I'm not, but I cannot, much to my chagrin, explain my position to you with any greater clarity.

All the best,

Mark L.

We were warned about the dangers of compromising liberty from an important American patriot:

We agree. You may be missing that Clinotus has his tongue very firmly in his cheek with that comment. He's demonstrating the logic/strategy the antis use to clobber us in the courts of public opinion - not espousing this as his own opinion.

What was this thread about? [thinking]

ThreadDirection.jpg

Methinks that there is a lot of displaced anger here. It is highly probable that this is yet one more manifestation of post-election rage. hhgrprez does have a point, yet I would never want to see free speech censored (other than the classic of yelling "Fire" where there is none in a crowded theater, etc.) . On the other hand, if you are four letter word advocate, it would behoove you not to then write a post about how social conventions are going down the tube and how we have become a vulgar and coarse society. It would be your right, of course, but also to my way of thinking a tad hypocritical.

The problem of course is that the Brady crew never seems to engage in profanity. Instead they come across as concerned genteel citizens who are only putting the welfare of society especially children ahead of the interests of a bunch of vulgar, narrow minded bigots who as the President Elect said "cling to their God and their guns..."
A very complex issue, indeed.

Mark L.

Apples to oranges.

The correct comparison would be the NRA or GOAL to the Brady campain. A comparision for NES would have to be something like DU.

Here is a perfect example of the opposite. Actually, some of the best thought out empirical evidence on and crime and gun control that I've read. Everyone should check it out.

Back
Top Bottom