Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

I don't know, this seems like an accident, nothing intentional. Honestly I think this guy getting shot was still a clean event. He was a fleeing felon. Still that won't stop the leftist prosecutors calling for 1st degree murder like the cop would get up in the morning and decide who to kill while eating her wheaties.

I don't know, this seems like an accident, nothing intentional. Honestly I think this guy getting shot was still a clean event. He was a fleeing felon. Still that won't stop the leftist prosecutors calling for 1st degree murder like the cop would get up in the morning and decide who to kill while eating her wheaties.

I doubt that will happen and I think your understanding of the legal standards with regards to use of force and fleeing felons is a bit lacking. And how is accidentally shooting someone clean? That doesn't even make sense.

I doubt that will happen and I think your understanding of the legal standards with regards to use of force and fleeing felons is a bit lacking. And how is accidentally shooting someone clean? That doesn't even make sense.

Taser or firearm were the choices right? Both can incapacitate another human, including permanently. He could have been shot and lived, he could have been tazed and lived. He got shot, hopped in a car, crashed and died. Let's wait and see what the autopsy says. My gut would say he was loaded on drugs and booze, knew he was going to jail and risked his life to 'get away'. Normally I would be ragging on this cop, but I can't in this case.

Where did it say he was a felon? His warrants were for misdemeanors.

I get it you guys all see a killer. I see an accident that was not intentional. I guess we wait for the bodycam footage and prosecutor overcharging before we learn anything else. I just know I'm not going to read any mainstream news to find out about this case.
Lack of intent for sure. Not a murder. But she’s still Fu€ked. Her negligent actions lead to his death. Add that to the political nature we‘re in and she’s swapping one uniform for another.

I get it you guys all see a killer. I see an accident that was not intentional. I guess we wait for the bodycam footage and prosecutor overcharging before we learn anything else. I just know I'm not going to read any mainstream news to find out about this case.
The problem is the truth is somewhere in the middle. Both the perp and the officer were in the wrong here.
You can say things went south when he tries to wrestle from the cops and gets back in the car, someone else can point out that pumping him full of lead is unwarranted.
Somewhere in the middle it seems these officers need more or better training and the youth need to learn how to respect authority

Sadly all we will get is defund the police and riots, which will lead to jumpier cops, and angrier populaces

Agree with you. But an accident is probably worse in this situation. I mean, you mistook a taser? I don't know what an appropriate charge is but that is more senseless than murder.

The problem is the truth is somewhere in the middle. Both the perp and the officer were in the wrong here.
You can say things went south when he tries to wrestle from the cops and gets back in the car, someone else can point out that pumping him full of lead is unwarranted.
Somewhere in the middle it seems these officers need more or better training and the youth need to learn how to respect authority

Sadly all we will get is defund the police and riots, which will lead to jumpier cops, and angrier populaces

I watched the video. I could see that the officer had her pistol in her hand. There was a lot to go wrong but that guy broke out of the hold that the cops had him in and was attempting to drive off. I'm not making excuses for the cop involved but I am saying that in this instance it was a legit accident. That cop had microseconds to react.

Yep we're doomed.

I watched the video. I could see that the officer had her pistol in her hand. There was a lot to go wrong but that guy broke out of the hold that the cops had him in and was attempting to drive off. I'm not making excuses for the cop involved but I am saying that in this instance it was a legit accident. That cop had microseconds to react.

Yep we're doomed.
I agree ^^^dude was trying to bounce. My questions- Why was the car still running? How in the hell you had the kid with his hands behind his back get the jump on the cops and get in the dam car???

I get it you guys all see a killer. I see an accident that was not intentional.

Not what is being said. It's okay to kill someone if it's an accident? Is that how it works? Either murderer or innocent? Nothing in between?

I guess we wait for the bodycam footage and prosecutor overcharging before we learn anything else. I just know I'm not going to read any mainstream news to find out about this case.

See, you've already determined what's going to happen. And we already have some body cam video. Just because you think accidentally shooting and killing someone isn't a crime, doesn't mean you are correct and that if she's charged, it's "overcharging". She hasn't even been charged with anything yet meanwhile you just know there's going to be first degree murder charges coming? That's a reality you've created.

Dude, cops pulling people over for driving while black happen all the time.

The sad thing is that black people have just come to expect this shit from cops. A good friend of mine who I work with tells me a lot of stories of his time here, he is from Nigeria and is more American than most Americans. He would tell me that his friends are/were literally scared if a cop pulls them over. He tells his friends to stay cool and be respectful and nothing happens except harassment. It still doesn't take away the fact that a cop pulled over a car of black guys for no f'n reason in the first place.

I guess they are tired of accepting shit from cops.

A lot of people are genuinely pissed and fed up[, and a lot of people are just taking advantage of the situation to loot, murder and pillage.

Another example of why black folks are pissed, yes I know this shit happens to white people as well.

Fully aware. I'm 100% white. French Canadian, so I get extremely dark. Growing up in a town that was like 95% white. Childhood friends always called me racial slurs as my nick names because I looked Hispanic or Black depending on the season. They would all laugh at the rate that I was pulled over for BS compared to everyone our age. Did I do stupid shit as a kid? Sure. But no more than anyone else. I have been involved in 7 that I can think of off the top of my head BS stops. 2 of them ended with me being dragged out of a car. Zero charges in both situations. My negative view of police comes from 1st hand experiences. Driving while black is a real thing no many how many boot lickers want to deny it. It's something that you have to see first hand to fully understand. Giving the police more reasons to pull people over just adds fuel to the fire. It gives them unlimited authority to just stop people. A few times I have been stopped "for looking suspicious " and also "looking like someone we are looking for" so I guess even removing the BS tint and air freshener stops, they will still do what they want.

My wife and I talk at great length about the police nation that we currently live in. She has a long line of police in her family and cant/won't see that they could be bad cops. They could be great people, but its dangerous to assume they are all good. I have seen too many bad apples to be ignorant to the fact that there is a major issue.

Seeing this shooting video makes me feel bad for the family and also the police officer. She may be bad at her job, but probably wasn't malicious in her intentions.

What stands out to me, as is clearly observed in the video, the rear sight picture of a Glock was staring at the officer's face. That's a pretty indicative piece of information to be looking at, especially after it appears she raised her hand twice from the point the subject broke free with a piece of paper, expecting something else to be there.

I have to wonder how often she's trained with both her sidearm and her taser, because it's quite arguable she was fumbling in the moment. It's the not realizing as she aligns to squeeze off the leads that she's using the wrong tool that bothers me most, and that comes from a big lapse.

I agree ^^^dude was trying to bounce. My questions- Why was the car still running? How in the hell you had the kid with his hands behind his back get the jump on the cops and get in the dam car???
Incompetence, letting your guard down, underestimated the situation, stupid, not paying attention in training or taking it seriously, the list goes on. BTW the Female cop hates that idiot cop who let the kid slip away as much as she hates herself right now.

Compare and contrast:
Recall the Los Angeles cop that popped a proned-out guy
in the subway system; they got him for involuntary manslaughter.

His defense included the narrative that it was Taser/gun confusion.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the first time it resulted in a death and a trial.

... That cop had microseconds to react.
Microseconds before what happened?

It's a dynamic situation - no set script.
But she had a responsibility to not overreact.

It's not great if some guy with outstanding warrants
manages to nope away from a traffic stop.
It would really suck if the guy did manage
to hit some bystanders during the escape.
Or if a warrant raid at his house managed to kill an innocent.

But it's not reasonable to treat it as if he's
escaping with nuclear launch codes.

To make a rather poor analogy from fiction,
Chief Gunderson didn't start throwing lead
when she saw Jerry Lundegaard drive away from the car dealership
after he said he was going to get some paperwork from the files.

Incompetence, letting your guard down, underestimated the situation, stupid, not paying attention in training or taking it seriously, the list goes on. BTW the Female cop hates that idiot cop who let the kid slip away as much as she hates herself right now.
I have to wonder if he was thinking she was maintaining purchase on his arm to permit the hand switch, like a unwritten rule/contract thing.

Yeah, that was ish, too.

Back
Top Bottom