Danvers PD licensing

I don't know what the heck is going on in Danvers. I trained 2 women last spring/summer; one from Danvers, and the other from Rowley. They both submitted their applications to their respective PDs around mid-July. The woman from Rowley received her unrestricted LTC in the first week of October. The woman from Danvers still hasn't received her LTC. When she called, she was told that the licensing officer was out sick and that there was a "batch of LTCs" apps waiting to be processed. The second time she called, she made another appointment with a different officer. When she arrived in the first week of November (I think), she was told that the finger printing machine was broken. I guess that they don't use the ink method if the machine is down or maybe all fingerprints have to be electronic now? Anyway, she is still waiting for her LTC.

Last edited:
Yeah thats shitty for her. Never had many issues with my original application or my renewal other than the typical wait time. I guess shit happens but excuses sure sound lame. Processing LTC's surely isnt a priority for most departments I would think.

Fwiw, I dont think they make appointments any more. I think they have a few nights a month when the L.O. is there and people just show up. Renewals are just dropped off at the desk any time.

eta- just checked the calendar, no nights in Dec., 1 in Nov., 2 in Oct. [rolleyes]

I got mine from Danvers around March of this year and it took roughly 42 days from submission of application and finger prints. But they only use the electronic method of printing now because you get instant results. At least that’s what the licensing officer told me.

I don't know what the heck is going on in Danvers. I trained 2 women last spring/summer; one from Danvers, and the other from Rowley. They both submitted their applications to their respective PDs around mid-July. The woman from Rowley received her unrestricted LTC in the first week of October. The woman from Danvers still hasn't received her LTC. When she called, she was told that the licensing officer was out sick and that there was a "batch of LTCs" waiting to be processed. The second time she called, she made another appointment with a different officer. When she arrived in the first week of November (I think), she was told that the finger printing machine was broken. I guess that they don't use the ink method if the machine is down or maybe all fingerprints have to be electronic now? Anyway, she is still waiting for her LTC.

Strange. I got mine in Danvers a couple years ago. Applied & printed on 5/11, processed and issued 6/5, received in the mail 6/15. Easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom