Danvers, MA Gun Show February 24th & 25th

I was planning on going tomorrow on my way up to Salisbury. Are you saying I should skip it? Anyone going to be there that would make it worth stopping in? I don't really need anything, but would pick up a revolver if I saw one and the price was right.

Dunno if this'll change your mind, but I'm planning on being there from ~ 9 to 12 or so. The end point may change, so if you're thinking of stopping in on the later side (~ 12) let me know and I'll hang around.

My first show. Wasn't expecting much , and that's what I got. I wanted to find 3 things :
1. a 44 mag S&W. Didn't see one.
2. Ammo for any of my guns. ... Dicks is cheaper , I went there after the show.
3. A particular knife I have been looking at on the internet since October. I found it , the price was cheaper than the 'net prices, and I love it.

Other than the knife I wanted my time would've been better spent at FSG , or Kittery even. .. but what the heck. Better than the "honeydew" list I had waiting at home.

I was not planning on hitting the show today, but went anyway. Spent about 2 hours there, mostly because I was hoping to find something that would justify my $8.00. It was crowded and there were no great deals, but frankly my bitch was with at least some of the folks. At about 11:30 I was on 95 North nearing the exit. All of a sudden a lot of braking and slow down to 40 MPH. A line of pickup trucks half straddling the breakdown lane line. I can see that they are all lost despite the clear signs. I know immediately that they are ALL going to the gun show. I follow along behind watching the break lights and swerving and crawling all the way to the Ferncroft. Initial parking looked tough until I found the lot to the left facing the building which had tons of room. Of course it was tough getting there behind the groups of fat assed retards walking four accross and blocking the road in order to carry on their girly conversations. The same thing happened walking from the lot into the show. Groups of guys waddling along, they all should have been holding hands, talking intently and keeping everyone at their leisurely pace. I do not like crowds and this one was particularly bad. Who knew their were so many inbred hillbillies in Eastern MA. The show sucked and the venue sucked, but frankly a good many of the attendees were no bargain. Same thing happened leaving. THE ROAD ONLY GOES ONE WAY YOU FREAKING MORON!!! Slamming on the brakes every 20 feet is ridiculous and stupid. I have never seen so many people who cannot drive, cannot park, cannot walk and chew gum at the same time and by the looks of some needed assistance getting dressed in the morning, never mind the thought that a percentage were likely armed. In the future I will spend my time and money elsewhere.

I ran into Fred at Collectors. He said the same thing as you guys, he saved me the trip to Danvers. I'm not feeling guilty about missing this one.

Bonz....

The funny thing about this was as soon as someone said "half the size of
marlboro" that was enough for me to not want to go. Myself and a good
friend of mine ended up going to Riley's in Hooksett instead... got a lot of
what we wanted and came back.

I get the impression that this was nothing like the old wilmington show... the
old wilmington show was huge, maybe not quite the size of marlboro but it
was still sizeable.

-Mike

There were no signs on the highway or the roads leading to the hotel. But I caught the Ferncroft exit sign and followed the Ferncroft road signs (Thanks to Jay G for posting the flier).

The show was small and packed but over all I enjoyed it. With taxes coming up in a few weeks I didn’t go with the idea of buying anything just looking around. I saw a S&W 624 that looked nice at the Tombstone booth and spoke with C-pher for a minute or so. (that's worth the ride right there) :)

Would I go again sure if I was in a position to spend $700-$1000?

Respectfully,

jkelly

It definitely couldn't compare to the one I went to in NH. Way too few guns.
I did end up picking up two battle packs of SA 7.62 and 2 boxes of 7.62 match from the ammo guy in addition to a few stripper clips and a handguard for M1A.
However, that's the last Danvers show for me.

Dunno if this'll change your mind, but I'm planning on being there from ~ 9 to 12 or so. The end point may change, so if you're thinking of stopping in on the later side (~ 12) let me know and I'll hang around.

I probably won't make it for another hour or two. If you're still there, I'll most likely be the only idiot in uniform. Yes, I'm working today.

I was not planning on hitting the show today, but went anyway. Spent about 2 hours there, mostly because I was hoping to find something that would justify my $8.00. It was crowded and there were no great deals, but frankly my bitch was with at least some of the folks. At about 11:30 I was on 95 North nearing the exit. All of a sudden a lot of braking and slow down to 40 MPH. A line of pickup trucks half straddling the breakdown lane line. I can see that they are all lost despite the clear signs. I know immediately that they are ALL going to the gun show. I follow along behind watching the break lights and swerving and crawling all the way to the Ferncroft. Initial parking looked tough until I found the lot to the left facing the building which had tons of room. Of course it was tough getting there behind the groups of fat assed retards walking four accross and blocking the road in order to carry on their girly conversations. The same thing happened walking from the lot into the show. Groups of guys waddling along, they all should have been holding hands, talking intently and keeping everyone at their leisurely pace. I do not like crowds and this one was particularly bad. Who knew their were so many inbred hillbillies in Eastern MA. The show sucked and the venue sucked, but frankly a good many of the attendees were no bargain. Same thing happened leaving. THE ROAD ONLY GOES ONE WAY YOU FREAKING MORON!!! Slamming on the brakes every 20 feet is ridiculous and stupid. I have never seen so many people who cannot drive, cannot park, cannot walk and chew gum at the same time and by the looks of some needed assistance getting dressed in the morning, never mind the thought that a percentage were likely armed. In the future I will spend my time and money elsewhere.

there did seem to be a lot of New Hasmpshirites there! ;)

i found a couple things i needed but a buddy wanted a cheap sks and didn't find any. we stopped at FSG and he got a WASR instead

:)

i found a couple things i needed but a buddy wanted a cheap sks and didn't find any. we stopped at FSG and he got a WASR instead

[angry] I went to Danvers and decided to salvage the day by going to FSG to pick up a WASR. They had just sold their last one! I almost wanted to go buy a dog so I could kick it when I got home. (Note to animal lovers: I am just using a dramatic device. I would never harm a pet.)

-Gary

They were just there seeing all the missing goodies that you folks can't own down there. I really don't see much reason myself to attend MA shos. The good stuff isn't likely there and what very few things I would be interested in simply command the high MA prices. Heck a part doubles or triples in price going from ME or NH into MA.

The show ended up being very good for us as far as sales go. We decided to clean out the cheaper guns and shotguns that either come in on trade or from estates.....we sold at least 15 of those.
AR's were mostly fondled but no one forked over the dough.
It was mostly a wood-stocked rifle and pistol show for us. We almost sold out of Glocks!
And yes Greg, there are many folks who buy stuff online for discounts but at least if you buy it there you can bring it home!
I hate waiting for the mail........
All in all Sunday was much better for crowd control and things seemed to go much smoother.

I probably won't make it for another hour or two. If you're still there, I'll most likely be the only idiot in uniform. Yes, I'm working today.

Where you looking at a knife at the New York guy's table? Asked him if he shipped?

The show ended up being very good for us as far as sales go. We decided to clean out the cheaper guns and shotguns that either come in on trade or from estates.....we sold at least 15 of those.
AR's were mostly fondled but no one forked over the dough.
It was mostly a wood-stocked rifle and pistol show for us. We almost sold out of Glocks!
And yes Greg, there are many folks who buy stuff online for discounts but at least if you buy it there you can bring it home!
I hate waiting for the mail........
All in all Sunday was much better for crowd control and things seemed to go much smoother.

I have to agree. It was like today was a completely different show. I swear that dealers went home and brought stuff that they didn't have the day before. Like they saw what was missing and brought it today. I swear that there was more stuff.

Parking sucked. $8 was too much for entry. Too crowded. Left my jacket in the car expecting hot house environment so was comfortable walking around. $2 for jerky snack was best buy. I will not go again either. M624 had a 3-inch barrel didn't it?

Say no S&W K38 nor K22s for which I was on the lookout. Lotsa high priced 1911s.

I was very disappointed. It was extremely crowded and I managed to park behind a cherry picker that seemed to be stored in the lot. I did manage to pick up a 1911PD at a good price. Oh well... I gues I'll just have to go to the Springfield show to get over my disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom