Danvers, MA Gun Show February 24th & 25th

+1
I don't think I stayed more than an hour. No parking,terrible lighting,aisles not wide enough,too much militaria and non-gun related stuff. [thinking]

Kinda reminded me of the gunshows that where held in Foxboro at Demetri's Steak House,but those shows were a lot better.
+1 on that.

Worst show EVER!

Less than half the size of Marlboro, too damn many people (almost went to blows with a pushy little bastard trying to walk through me) parking sucked, and it was about 85F in the "grand ballroom"

NOT a substitute for Wilmington AT ALL

I will never go to this show again if it ends up being a regular thing! And neither will a good portion of the vendors I talked to either!

Don't waste your time or money!

I was gonna warn you when I saw you outside but figured since you saw how bad the parking situation was going you'd be able to tell.

There were a good number of recognizable dealers there and I saw a few guns I'd have grabbed if I didn't already have the same or similar models, but there was nothing that stood out to me with the exception of a German K98 w/no import marks for $250. Unfortunately it had a bad stock with a nasty repair and the muzzle looked terrible. I did however see a few Steyr 95 straight pull long rifles but there were so many people and the aisles were so tight I couldn't even really check them out without poking someone with the muzzle. These rifles are hard to find around here and I've been looking for one, but like someone else mentioned the dimly lit lighting made it hard to really check out guns.

I talked to a few NESrs and wound up with a case of PRVI 7.62x54 for my SVT40 and some jerky. I was gonna hang out and talk a little while longer to C-pher and Madmarc but the place was filling up so fast me and my Father decided to leave and check out Collector's in Stoneham. If I had stayed any later I would have had to crowd surf to get out the door.

The best laugh I had was Madmarc's tactical Mad Max style Mosin.[laugh]

Angriest moment came while waiting for my Father when I saw some snooty Sheraton guy wandering around in his suit jokingly ask his peon employee where the gun show was and the guy pointed and said "First door on the right". They both had a chuckle because he was refering to the men's room.
I also saw a few other hotel workers joking about the people going into the show and making remarks. Snot nosed Sheraton a**h***s! [frown]

The NY guys had ammo for sale and the one thing that seemed to be in abundance was knives, including many automatics.[shocked] Average amount of stuff as far as bayonets go.

They should have called it the Danvers Knife and old shitty stuff show. Too crowded, crappy parking, crappy selection. I want my eight dollars back. Gun shows suck.

Sorry to say, I just knew this was going to have "disaster" written all over it.

I've attended a computer reseller event or two at that location and was most unimpressed with the parking situation and the tiny ballrooms.

My first gun show ever, and if they are all like that I'll never go again. It was worse than a sunday flea market. No parking, HOT, dim and waaaay too crowded in there. I always heard there were potentially good deals on ammo (looking for 9mm, .380, .40, .223), but I didnt see anything I couldnt get for cheaper at Walmart or Dicks.

I ended with dirty looks from the Sheraton staff and a folding shovel for $15. But with the $8 admission, it wasnt that good of a deal. sigh....

Now I know better than to go to gun shows...

Gee, I'm not exactly filled with confidence for going tomorrow... [thinking]

Tomorrow may not be bad, the weather is suposed to be pretty good so a walk from where you park won't suck and you may even get to park close to the main doors. I doubt the crowds will be what they were today. If you're looking for a deal, any chances will come towards the mid to late afternoon when you might be able to haggle. Prices on the stuff I looked at were fair to high, with a few deals here and there but like I said, they were rifles I already have.
Think of it like going to a really big gun shop and you may not be disapointed. Whatever you do don't go early and don't bother bringing a back pack. You won't find enough goodies to stuff in there.
Speaking of goodies I just remembered there was a guy there selling Spanish Mauser slings for $5 and I forgot to go back and get one. [crying]

My first gun show ever, and if they are all like that I'll never go again. It was worse than a sunday flea market. No parking, HOT, dim and waaaay too crowded in there. I always heard there were potentially good deals on ammo (looking for 9mm, .380, .40, .223), but I didnt see anything I couldnt get for cheaper at Walmart or Dicks.

I ended with dirty looks from the Sheraton staff and a folding shovel for $15. But with the $8 admission, it wasnt that good of a deal. sigh....

Now I know better than to go to gun shows...

Two things... (1) don't let this experience ruin shows for you and (2) screw the Sheraton staff.
Springfield next month should be a good show and if thats too far theres another show coming up in a few months or so at Marlboro.
THOSE are real gun shows. Large areas to walk in, plenty of light to see, and corwds even at opening time aren't so bad that you can't walk around.

Two things... (1) don't let this experience ruin shows for you and (2) screw the Sheraton staff.

+1

I didn't see any Sheraton staff, other than the ones out in the hall trying to sell food. It was hot in there and crowded. Most people were polite to each other, but there were a few jerks, as always.

I missed out on one deal and it was my own fault. A very nice looking SMLE No1MkIII tagged at $185.00. I was going to talk to the guy and see how much lower he'd go, but he was tied up so I decided to come back later. Bad decision because it was gone. I also looked at a Model 10-8 that was tagged at $189.00, but it felt loose, had a worn finish and bluing actually chipped off. I just had a bad feeling about it.

Ammo prices were high. The New York guys had Swiss 7.5mm at $40.00 for a 60 round brick. In Manchester that was going for $28.00.

All of that being said, I'll hold off on deciding if I'll go the next time.

In the good news department a friend offered me a Marlin Model 25 Glenfield with a 3x9 scope for $100.00. It's in very good shape, so I'm going to take it.

The cops on detail were circulating through the show and actually talking to people. At other shows, they just hang at the front door.

Gary

this was my first show as well.
it was a damn sweat box, i felt like a sardine the whole time. I left in 30 minutes, it was too claustrophobic for my personal comfort.

clearly by the parking situation they underestimated attendance.i ended up parking illegally on a shouldered snowbank a building away.
rows were way to close and the place was indeed as dark as a dungeon.

i was hoping to find a holster for my new glock 30 but there wasnt a single booth with any. was alittle dissapointed in whole at the lack of goods.
ammo was limited to one booth in the end, and the prices even for surplus was high.
oh well, shit happens.

They should have called it the Danvers Knife and old shitty stuff show. Too crowded, crappy parking, crappy selection. I want my eight dollars back. Gun shows suck.

That bout sums it up (except for the gun shows suck). I brought my buddy. It was his first and last gun show. His words were "I thought this was a gun show. Where are all the guns?"

Any mid to large size gun shop has more guns than were at the show. All around bad experience. I may be spoiled by my proximity to KTP [angry]

Wow- that's horrible. Most of the more established shows are far better than this. Maybe some of you folks who saw/ heard/ interacted with the Sheraton staff in a negative manner would be comfortable bringing it up with the promoter and Sheraton senior management? Just a thought.

Sorry to hear that you guys and gals had a bad time- a lot of the shows though, regardless of how well established, etc. have seemed to turn into a yard sale. Prices too high, a few "commandos" (esp. the fake Airsoft guy in Marlborough), and way too much mildewy old war stuff.

I'll send my $ to my local shops first...Springfield and Marlborough second, and Smith's Smokehouse (the jerky folks) ALWAYS ;).

BTW- the jerky folks are available online....for the between show cravings.

Last edited:
That bout sums it up (except for the gun shows suck). I brought my buddy. It was his first and last gun show. His words were "I thought this was a gun show. Where are all the guns?"

Any mid to large size gun shop has more guns than were at the show. All around bad experience. I may be spoiled by my proximity to KTP [angry]
[rofl] [laugh2]

That show f***ing sucked .Between dodging the WalMart hovercrafts bullying down the aisle and people touching me,it was a fire hazard and it should have been shut down.Not too mention the dickface from NY had an ammo monopoly,it was quite possibly the worst show I ever been to,worse than the abomination at Leominster club a few months ago.

I will NEVER be bored enough to go to that crappy cowded male locker room of a gun show again.

Ammo prices were high. The New York guys had Swiss 7.5mm at $40.00 for a 60 round brick. In Manchester that was going for $28.00.

Gary

Just a heads up, the Swiss GP11 ammo has dried up. Buy it now when you can because word is there is no more coming in or available for order. I knew it would happen sooner or later but unfortunately its sooner.[sad2]

Just a heads up, the Swiss GP11 ammo has dried up. Buy it now when you can because word is there is no more coming in or available for order. I knew it would happen sooner or later but unfortunately its sooner.[sad2]

Way sooner. Apparently the NY guys heard it too! Then again, that's their livelihood so I expect that they would know it.

Gary

Worst show EVER!

Less than half the size of Marlboro, too damn many people (almost went to blows with a pushy little bastard trying to walk through me) parking sucked, and it was about 85F in the "grand ballroom"

NOT a substitute for Wilmington AT ALL

I will never go to this show again if it ends up being a regular thing! And neither will a good portion of the vendors I talked to either!

Don't waste your time or money!

Gee, I'm not exactly filled with confidence for going tomorrow... [thinking]

Yea, someone bought the Kel-Tec with about 45 min left in the show.

That show f***ing sucked .Between dodging the WalMart hovercrafts bullying down the aisle and people touching me,it was a fire hazard and it should have been shut down.Not too mention the dickface from NY had an ammo monopoly,it was quite possibly the worst show I ever been to,worse than the abomination at Leominster club a few months ago.

I will NEVER be bored enough to go to that crappy cowded male locker room of a gun show again.

Damn, only a few people stopped by and said hi.. I didn't even know that half of you guys were there.

I have to say...from two sides of the table. Walking around, the show sucked. There wasn't much there....can't say that I was impressed.

From behind the table...it was a very good show. And as the show was winding down, I was talking to a lot of the dealers, and they said that it was a surprisingly great day. And many were looking forward to tomorrow.

It was FREAKING busy. The problem was the crowd was the size of Marlboro, but the room was less than 1/3 the footprint.

Also, I'm not sure why they said that there was 250 tables. But from getting in there early, we did a rough count of closer to 130-150 tables. So it was a lot smaller than we all thought.

I do have to say, being that small, the foot traffic was really good...and sometimes too good. It was so crowded that there were people that couldn't look at the tables because too many people were in the way.

I think that everyone that was worried at the start of the show, changed their minds by the end.

But as a person shopping, I was VERY dissapointed on what was there.

Hell, there wasn't even anyone selling cleaning supplies.

Twas a good show for us, we have Otis Cleaning Kits there but the folks are too cheap to buy them....they are kinda pricey.
This was the show where Jim said he wanted to clean off the shotgun wall and make some room for new PS90's and FS2000's we have coming in.
Sold a LOT of wood stocked guns today.
One Winchester semi-auto 22 for 42.00 OTD!!
Stack EM deep and sell EM cheap!

You all gotta see the Tactical 8" barrel Mosin we built.
NICE! M-4 stock, ARMS SIR system, aimpoint etc.......

WAY TOO crowded!!!! We will not return to this venue.

I was planning on going tomorrow on my way up to Salisbury. Are you saying I should skip it? Anyone going to be there that would make it worth stopping in? I don't really need anything, but would pick up a revolver if I saw one and the price was right.

I was planning on going tomorrow on my way up to Salisbury. Are you saying I should skip it? Anyone going to be there that would make it worth stopping in? I don't really need anything, but would pick up a revolver if I saw one and the price was right.

Like I said, its like a big gun shop. If you're looking for something specific, its worth a shot. But if you're going there just for fun, I'd skip it.

Back
Top Bottom