Danvers, MA Gun Show February 24th & 25th

I love having a scanner:

Danvers2007show.jpg

Picked this up at the Marlboro show today. I will definitely be at this show for most of Saturday - the Sheraton Ferncroft in Danvers is MAYBE 20 minutes from my house.

(Interesting side note: The last - and only - time I was there was for the Triton prom... in 1988!)

I love having a scanner:

Picked this up at the Marlboro show today. I will definitely be at this show for most of Saturday - the Sheraton Ferncroft in Danvers is MAYBE 20 minutes from my house.

(Interesting side note: The last - and only - time I was there was for the Triton prom... in 1988!)

Thank you for sharing.. I'm going to this.. I am originally from Salem & I'm right over the border in NH, this is an easy trip for me..

I have some items I'd like to sell or trade, but I am not selling enough pieces to justify the $75 cost for a table.. I was thinking, what if a group could be arranged to share a table? anyone interested in something like that?

How is this show compared to the Marlboro show ?

Marlboro show was billed as a 500 table show, so, mathematically, this should be ½ the show. [wink]

If the same folks that put on the show last year at the Shriner's in Wilmington are putting this one on, it should be worthwhile.

'Course, any time you can get out of the house to go and ogle some guns, eat jerky, and buy ammo and targets is a good time in my book... [wink]

This is the show that replaces the Wilmington show. I forget why the Wilmington show is no more, probably a search here will turn up the reason why, but I for one will miss it. I'm just hoping the dealers that used to attend Wilmington will be at Danvers. Unfortunately table pricing seems kinda high for 6' tables at $75. A few dealers I talked with at Marlboro said they were passing on it for that reason alone.
Entrance I'm guessing will be the usual $8 ($7 with a coupon from Shotgun News add if there is one)

Finally a show I don't have to drive all over God's green earth to get to. I WILL be there. (only about ten minutes from my house) I can also recommend an EXCELLENT place for NES type food (both solid and liquid) about five minutes away called The 466. Good steak tips/burgers.

Marlboro show was billed as a 500 table show, so, mathematically, this should be ½ the show. [wink]

If the same folks that put on the show last year at the Shriner's in Wilmington are putting this one on, it should be worthwhile.

'Course, any time you can get out of the house to go and ogle some guns, eat jerky, and buy ammo and targets is a good time in my book... [wink]

Funny, I always get some of that jerky as well.

Even less than that. Marlboro are all 8 foot tables. These tables are 6 foot tables. So expect another 25% or so reduction on the size from even half the Marlboro show.

We're not sure if we're going to be there...mainly as M4M said... It's paying more money for about 25% less space. So we'll see as we get closer.

He's been saying that we're not going to do the Springfield show any longer either... But we still keep going.

The one Wilmington show I went to was pretty good. I hope this one is also. I couldn't make Marlboro, so I'm going to try as hard as possible to get to Danvers.

IIRC, the Shriners decided they didn't want to host gun shows any longer. I think that they sub contracted auditorium events to another company and it's an image thing. Looking at the site, they have a lot of events booked.

Gary

I'm looking forward to the Danvers show as well as a smaller replacement for the Wilmington show. Any semi large scale show in MA is worth at least a look as we get so few. [sad] The town and sportsmens shows seem to have become more camping and kayak related instead of weapons oriented IMO.

The biggest thing I'll miss about the Wilmington show (and I know I've raved about this before) is that there was a dealer and his wife there from NY and that was the only Massachusetts show he'd work. He had mostly ammo and magazines, but he had some great prices and hard to find stuff. New in the wrapper M1 carbine mags that you could just tell were as old as dirt but brand new for cheap money. 1000 round cases of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 ammo for $99. Diferent types of surplus 8mm, 7.62x54, 303 Brit, etc. ammo that you just couldn't find elsewhere, and he'd cut you a deal if you bought a good amount of stuff.
The 2 big NY guys always looked nervous because they knew they couldn't compete with him. I really hope he shows up at Danvers.

BTW, this is the FIRST Gun Show at the Sheraton Ferncroft and is, I believe, the one from Wilmington moved over due to financial difficulties between the promoter and the facility.

Thanks for the directions. Just swung past and verified location. Easy to get back to the Ferncroft from there by taking Rt 1 SOUTH (NOT 95!!) and then turning into the road to the Ferncrost.

My mother called me today, to let me know she just saw an add in the Lowell Sun for this gun show!

Pretty cool, and uncommon in this communist state!

Worst show EVER!

Less than half the size of Marlboro, too damn many people (almost went to blows with a pushy little bastard trying to walk through me) parking sucked, and it was about 85F in the "grand ballroom"

NOT a substitute for Wilmington AT ALL

I will never go to this show again if it ends up being a regular thing! And neither will a good portion of the vendors I talked to either!

Don't waste your time or money!

Worst show EVER!

Less than half the size of Marlboro, too damn many people (almost went to blows with a pushy little bastard trying to walk through me) parking sucked, and it was about 85F in the "grand ballroom"

NOT a substitute for Wilmington AT ALL

I will never go to this show again if it ends up being a regular thing! And neither will a good portion of the vendors I talked to either!

Don't waste your time or money!

+1 to that.

Don't forget about to poot lighting too..

+1
I don't think I stayed more than an hour. No parking,terrible lighting,aisles not wide enough,too much militaria and non-gun related stuff. [thinking]

Kinda reminded me of the gunshows that where held in Foxboro at Demetri's Steak House,but those shows were a lot better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom