• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daniel Defense “Fires” Academy Sports For Moral Cowardice

Excellent!

“Academy’s decision clearly segregates firearms by their appearance, which sends a dangerous message to our politicians that it’s acceptable to do so. We as an industry must stand and fight, together.”

Marty Daniel, President and CEO

Daniel Defense just achieved "rockstar" status by turning Leftist thinking right on its head. This is the unification I've been saying we need as of late.

It was an easy call. Chances were they were going to lose sales because of the new policy anyway. So this is really not costing them more than what the store's policy would have in terms of reduced sales. But they're making some hay out of it which is cool .

Daniel defense, sig, aries, barret.....all put there money where there mouth is..

Aries had made some poor decisions from a business standpoint,(or smart depending on how you look at it) but not from a 2nd amendment standpoint. They've been rock solid.

I've been considering another AR, might have to take up some of the slack DD might have now.

At that price point, I doubt they'll lose much business, unless they were building "Academy Specials" that were a bit cheaper. My goto online retailer (I know for a fact they don't have significant markups) has them at $1600ish depending on model.

If you are dumping that much money into an AR, it was mainly convenience of being around the corner that drove sales through that distribution network. I'd drive a little further to get the system I was really interested in.

It is nice they are making a moral stand though.

While I agree with them terminating their relationship with Academy Sports, it is a sad situation.

As a yankee that has visited some Academy Sports stores down in Louisiana in the past, compared to 'sporting goods' stores up here, holy FAWK!! When I was visiting the stores, they did not hide firearms in the back like most places here in new england, they had them on full display right when you walked in!! ARs on end displays on multiple isles and I'm not even talking about in the firearms section. To me, it seemed like heaven. Great line of clothing as well, and of course, courteous southerners.

Back
Top Bottom