Dallas Shooting Thread

We all have to compromise our beliefs to survive in the modern world unless you live off the grid. We live in one of the most egregious States for rights in America so we swallow hard every day to support our families and make a living. Our fellow citizens give us the finger every day, we have taxation without representation, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my freedom by doing what I would like to do to them. They are winning the war because the lamestream media supports their repressive ideology and to many of our fellow citizens are either to lazy or stupid to resist.

There is a difference between paying taxes so the police won't shoot you and choosing to be a police officer who might be tasked with doing the shooting. Nobody is pure, and we all have it coming. But let's not equivocate. You can't have a police state without police.

There is another option besides quitting and enforcing bad laws. Just don't enforce the bad laws, though I imagine that will get you fired eventually.

I posted a video of a bunch of NYPD cops who were exposing quotas. They were still cops, and they said they refused to take part in such action. So there you have some cops who at least on that one issue, have integrity, and refused to enforcement.

So yes, either quit or refused to enforce bad laws.

A lot of police have the "golden handcuffs" on. They're family guys and gals with a bunch of years on the force. They have wives, kids, ex-wives and more. The likelihood they will get another job with the same salary level, overtime pay, paid details, benefits and job security is small. If they're over 40 it will be hard to get another job in another field.

IMHO that's a big part of why they stay...

No doubt this is all true. But my response to them is "waaah!" Many of them still choose, every hour of every shift, to work with abusive dirtbags who break their oaths. Their toleration of those dirtbags makes them culpable.

Participation in evil is, itself, evil. There are simple and easily-understood reasons why these people go along, but those are reasons, not excuses. You're still accountable for your choices, even if you can explain why you've made them.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't prove anything.

There's already been multiple cases of people who were were US military vets who were "bangers" when they got out.

And while they were in. My .mil experience is almost 20 years outdated, but gang ties within the military were a big problem then. I doubt it's gotten any better since.

There is another option besides quitting and enforcing bad laws. Just don't enforce the bad laws, though I imagine that will get you fired eventually.

I posted a video of a bunch of NYPD cops who were exposing quotas. They were still cops, and they said they refused to take part in such action. So there you have some cops who at least on that one issue, have integrity, and refused to enforcement.

So yes, either quit or refused to enforce bad laws.

Completely agree, and this might even be better than quitting.

And these men and women are accountable to their wives and children as well. A good father will proclaim loud and clear there is nothing more important that their family.

It's not as easy a choice as you describe. Most people have accumulated some shit under their fingernails doing stuff they found distasteful. When the alternative is unemployment, inability to pay the bills, loss of leisure activities and family vacations and more, well, it's a touch choice indeed.

At what point do your personal convictions become more important than your ability to take care of those you love?

YMMV for sure. I understand.

No doubt this is all true. But my response to them is "waaah!" Many of them still choose, every hour of every shift, to work with abusive dirtbags who break their oaths. Their toleration of those dirtbags makes them culpable.

Participation in evil is, itself, evil. There are simple and easily-understood reasons why these people go along, but those are reasons, not excuses. You're still accountable for your choices, even if you can explain why you've made them.

- - - Updated - - -

And while they were in. My .mil experience is almost 20 years outdated, but gang ties within the military were a big problem then. I doubt it's gotten any better since.

And these men and women are accountable to their wives and children as well. A good father will proclaim loud and clear there is nothing more important that their family.

It's not as easy a choice as you describe. Most people have accumulated some shit under their fingernails doing stuff they found distasteful. When the alternative is unemployment, inability to pay the bills, loss of leisure activities and family vacations and more, well, it's a touch choice indeed.

At what point do your personal convictions become more important than your ability to take care of those you love?

YMMV for sure. I understand.

I'm sure you mean well, but are you even reading what you write? "Accumulated some shit under their fingernails doing stuff they found distasteful?" You want us to be empathetic with such people? Really? So that they can still have their "leisure activities" despite the "shit" they've "accumulated?"

The various tens of thousands of unlawfully incarcerated people over the past decades due to institutionalized corruption have lost leisure time, too. Quite a few have even lost their lives. It's the fault of a system in which good people turn away when they know what bad people have been doing.

You get this kind of behavior in any institution at all; I'll grant you that. Bad teachers, sexually deviant priests, sadistic prison guards... I get it. But the stakes don't get any higher than they do with police officers, given the power they've got over the rest of us.

If you're expecting anyone to empathize with that kind of filth, then you're pledging allegiance to the wrong flag and swearing an oath to the wrong Constitution.

and as usual South Park predicted it:

I've been saying for a while now, that maybe Charlie Manson knew something and wasn't totally batshit crazy. Of course I say it half kidding, but jesus, the way things are going, he may be right.....[thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=54418#.V4ACHVQrLMw

[FONT=&quot]According to the statement, excessive use of force by the police against African-Americans in the US is a “regular” occurrence. African-Americans are reportedly shot at more than twice the rate of white people.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Working Group is monitoring the situation and has repeatedly expressed its concern to the US Government about police killings of African-Americans and called for justice, and is convinced that the root of the problem lies in the lack of accountability for perpetrators of such killings despite the evidence.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The killings also demonstrate a high level of structural and institutional racism. The United States is far from recognizing the same rights for all its citizens. Existing measures to address racist crimes motivated by prejudice are insufficient and have failed to stop the killings,” the human rights expert said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It is time, now, for the US Government to strongly assert that Black lives matter and prevent any further killings as a matter of national priority,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He also condemned yesterday’s sniper attacks on police officers in downtown Dallas during a protest over the killings of African-American men in other cities, calling for the perpetrators to be held accountable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also today, a spokesperson for UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Mr. Ban also condemned the killing of the police officers in Dallas. The UN chief extended his condolences to the families and colleagues of the victims, as well as the Police Department of Dallas.[/FONT]

Last edited:
I've been saying for a while now, that maybe Charlie Manson knew something and wasn't totally batshit crazy. Of course I say it half kidding, but jesus, the way things are going, he may be right.....[thinking]

I can only find shitty video of him even discussing it

Last edited by a moderator:
i suppose the three people they have in custody will be waking up in the morning in their very own private sea side bungalow's down the beach from omar mateen's wife.

Some foreign radios report that police arrested 2 brothers by mistake. They report only 2 gunmen. One dead and another one in a custody. This could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Daily Mail now saying the shooter used an SKS
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/08/dallas-shooting-who-is-micah-johnson/

Back
Top Bottom