CZ P10 - Improving upon "Perfection"

I like the P01 cause it's rather unique, slightly compact DA/SA etc. But this one has a lot of competition, and some of it with pre-bans (Glock 19, Walther P99 etc). Bring on the single stack!

With regard to the "flatter than a Glock" statment, I haven's shot one yet, but both reviews I've found have said those exact words.

But what do "those exact words" even mean, exactly?

External ballistics are always exactly the same for the same muzzle velocity, and the MV will be exactly the same in the same length barrel.

"shoots flatter" reminds me of the old-timers who stuck with 158 grain LRN .38 special, because they thought it "hit harder" than those new-fangled .357 Magnums.

But what do "those exact words" even mean, exactly?

External ballistics are always exactly the same for the same muzzle velocity, and the MV will be exactly the same in the same length barrel.

"shoots flatter" reminds me of the old-timers who stuck with 158 grain LRN .38 special, because they thought it "hit harder" than those new-fangled .357 Magnums.

muzzle flip...

I cannot fully understand how people formulate such strong opinions based on so little information. Of course the Sig guys, Glock guys, CZ P07/09 guy, Hammer or Striker guys are all going to disagree about why their guns are better than whatever is coming out. The good news is that no matter what you fella's prefer, you can keep. For everyone else... There's a new striker fired gun out there to consider.

For me personally, I'm interested in the P10c... I currently have a Glock 19 that I'm mostly happy with but I would consider a different handgun if it proved its reliability and worked well with me... The hardest part for me will be finding it here in the free state of Massachusetts.

btw, MAC finally got his hands on a production model of the gun and put out a new video. Seemed to be a more honest review without having the CZ guy there with the pre production model. Still a positive review but he was a little more reserved considering that its a new handgun and all. All of the first reviews were pretty much the same... I think CZ may have restricted them a little in the first reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zWm09BOrM

Are we going to get this in Massachusetts?

If you're the type to only buy what you can easily see and touch on the shelf at four seasons, then no. Never, not happening, forget about it.

Everyone else that really wants one badly enough will make it happen a week or two after it shows up on gunbroker, whether the AG likes it or
not... [rofl]

-Mike

If you're the type to only buy what you can easily see and touch on the shelf at four seasons, then no. Never, not happening, forget about it.

Everyone else that really wants one badly enough will make it happen a week or two after it shows up on gunbroker, whether the AG likes it or
not... [rofl]

-Mike

Yup

Got a chance to try this at the range. What a gun! Feels amazing in my hand and the trigger is absolutely amazing. You can tell CZ is strictly after the Glock19, nothing else. I do agree with others that aftermarket products are a big factor when buying a gun, so the CZ has catchup to do in that area.

Thread Resurrection!

The P10c is a fine gun, is it "Glock killer" no. There really is no such thing, and you wouldn't know if it was for at least 10-20 years and a 1-2 generational revisions.
The P10c comes out of the box with more features that people bitch and moan about with Glocks. The trigger is nicer, the sights are metal, the grips and ergonomics are more comfortable, everything is ambi, etc.
The reports of reliability so far have been OK. The issues seem to be pretty typical for a first generation gun where tolerances and production variation still need to be smoothed out. Things like magazine release and slide lock/release issues or pins walking out (ps CZ uses garbage roll pins in all their guns).
Also the after market for the gun is coming along. There are multiple companies making aftermarket triggers and sights. There is some parts compatibility with the p07/p09 which is nice. There is holster support and also there is some compatibility with G19 holsters.
I've had good success with mine, I have one that is highly modified with slide work, rmr, and trigger and a bone stock one. The first one took some break in to get the slide lock/ magazine release to wear in, the second one was fine out of the box and I left it alone.
I probably have more time shooting Glocks than any other platform (p226/9), so the P10 is a little bit of an odd duck. I feel the same about P320, vp9, or M&P. I can pick up a Glock and do work. The others feel a little bit off. I don't know if I would feel the same if I wasn't already so used to Glocks.

If I had to choose one polymer gun it would still be a Gen 4 Glock (Gen 5 if I was left handed)
If I had to choose one polymer CZ it would probably be a P07. The P07 has been around a while longer and it feels more like a CZ. It's got the DA/SA thing which is nice for carrying . You can tune it to be really a sweet shooter. It's got the aftermarket. It doesn't have a dangus on the trigger.

After having handled a few of these the biggest Achilles heel to the entire gun is the mag release. The mag release button is basically hot garbage and depending on the gun that you bought it'll either be marginally usable or almost completely unusable. I've tried 4 different guns and all four of them had different mag releases LOL. I wonder if there's a way to work them in to make it easier to release... Some of them I practically had to hand flip the gun to even think about being able to apply enough pressure.

It's kind of a shame considering the rest of the gun is pretty damn awesome. Good ergos, good size ratio, etc.

-Mike

After having handled a few of these the biggest Achilles heel to the entire gun is the mag release. The mag release button is basically hot garbage and depending on the gun that you bought it'll either be marginally usable or almost completely unusable. I've tried 4 different guns and all four of them had different mag releases LOL. I wonder if there's a way to work them in to make it easier to release... Some of them I practically had to hand flip the gun to even think about being able to apply enough pressure.

It's kind of a shame considering the rest of the gun is pretty damn awesome. Good ergos, good size ratio, etc.

-Mike

Absolutely. With the first gun, the mag release was so damn stiff that I had to press it with my support hand finger, also the slide release would really only work with a loaded magazine inserted.
I took a stone and just slightly broke the edges of the magazine catch and also smoothed the actual release lever and it worked great after that. The second gun had no problems. I still think that they made the actual mag release too small (not tall enough) even 25-30% taller would be a huge improvement.

I have two and like my CZ P10c very much. They are very ergonomic for me, reliability 100%, triggers are crisp and light and no problems with mag releases, smoothed out totally after a while. ALS holster takes both these and G19 Gen 5, which I also like, but not as much. Shooting head shots at 25 yards is no problem-see pic below. Head shots slow fire, center mass rapid fire. What is not to like? p10c.jpg For the money, I'll take P10c over Shadow 2 any time.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone could give me some info. I'm looking to get a new cz p10 but I unfortunately live in mass...anyway of getting my hands on one?? I'm sorry I'm a newbie when it comes to guns

I have two and like my CZ P10c very much. They are very ergonomic for me, reliability 100%, triggers are crisp and light and no problems with mag releases, smoothed out totally after a while. ALS holster takes both these and G19 Gen 5, which I also like, but not as much. Shooting head shots at 25 yards is no problem-see pic below. Head shots slow fire, center mass rapid fire. What is not to like? View attachment 235174 For the money, I'll take P10c over Shadow 2 any time.

That's like saying "I'll take a camry over corvette any time" does not compute. [laugh] Both guns aren't even in the same class, frankly.

Having said that, I rented a P10C recently up at MFL and it worked pretty damned good. The mag release was broken in enough where it was not an issue and
actually worked very well. Will have to revisit this platform this year....

-Mike

I was wondering that myself.........
Headscratch.gif

Don't the 'German' guns use hexgonal rifling? I know my HnK has it, I could walk to the next room and check my Glocks. I can attest to the accuracy of the HnK, it's good and 'flat'.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone could give me some info. I'm looking to get a new cz p10 but I unfortunately live in mass...anyway of getting my hands on one?? I'm sorry I'm a newbie when it comes to guns
PM me, I love my P10C. It has replaced my Gen5 G19 as a carry gun. I need to bring it to Nick at NH Guns and Ammo for Truglo sights and a Cajun Gun Works trigger job. Contrary to reports it doesn't fit all G19 holsters and finding a good quality holster is a problem. I went w/MK-TEC in Rockland for a IWB..

Last edited:
thanks for your valuable input, we have all benefitted from this divine wisdom
I'm still trying to figure out where the leather on the gun comes from... /s
But yeah, comparing the P10C to any of their nicer hammer fired steel guns is really out of place the same way as comparing to the 1911. Anyways, might get one eventually now that the kinks have been worked out, but not really in a rush.

I'm still trying to figure out where the leather on the gun comes from... /s
But yeah, comparing the P10C to any of their nicer hammer fired steel guns is really out of place the same way as comparing to the 1911. Anyways, might get one eventually now that the kinks have been worked out, but not really in a rush.
no plastic holsters

Back
Top Bottom