Crazy Chipmunk

I think I got something new here. Looked out the window little while ago and saw this chipmunk hooving an ant poison trap. He was on it like a crackhead on a pipe. Not sure what final results will be but I hope he doesn't go skitzoid and attack my American Bull Dog.

IMG_2348.jpg IMG_2351.jpg 413.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 210
The stuff in there is sweet to attract the ants.
The little guy might get a tummy ache, but it probably won't kill him

Chipmunk heavy here also. After several years though the varmint have learned where the line is. Now it's rare to see them with in 20 yards of the house

This is the year of the chipmunk. They are all over the place and a few have even made their way into my garage. I have never seen such an abundance of them. Looks like its time to dust off the pellet gun.

Had a chipmunk run right out in front of me at the range the other day..... while I was shooting. He came back a few magazines later. He was either suicidal, or deaf from living at the range.

Had a chipmunk run right out in front of me at the range the other day..... while I was shooting. He came back a few magazines later. He was either suicidal, or deaf from living at the range.

We had one do the same thing today.
Three of us blasting away and he strolled right across in front of us without a care in the world.

we went to the southwick zoo last weekend chipmunks everywhere pissing monkeys off running in and steeling food from them.... I sat and watched a while. I could tell by the monkeys nasty looks that if they gotr a hold of that chimpmunk it would not be good!
this year we also have seen a huge increase in animal nest in cars....

The ant traps don't seem to have enough poison to do more than give the chipmunks a tummy ache. I've found three all chewed up, one even half-way into a chipmunk hole in my stone wall, which is 20 feet away from where I placed it to kill the ants. Both the ants and the chipmunks are having a banner year.

[laugh] I was shooting steel at 200yds. and had a big doe just wander out from the woods at about the 100yd. mark. Luckily I was in between shots. The other member shooting that day said he's seen bear and moose do it as well.

[laugh] I was shooting steel at 200yds. and had a big doe just wander out from the woods at about the 100yd. mark. Luckily I was in between shots. The other member shooting that day said he's seen bear and moose do it as well.

We had one at the mid range at Georgetown walk almost right onto the top of the backstop roof (Which is cut into a hill ) while there was five of us shooting.
That was a WTF moment.
She just stood there while we were shooting right under her.

The ant traps don't seem to have enough poison to do more than give the chipmunks a tummy ache. I've found three all chewed up, one even half-way into a chipmunk hole in my stone wall, which is 20 feet away from where I placed it to kill the ants. Both the ants and the chipmunks are having a banner year.

As is my favorite feline. She's nailing multiple chipmunks per day, plus the occasional rabbit. My f-i-l has taken to calling her "the assassin."

R

Chipmunk heavy here also. After several years though the varmint have learned where the line is. Now it's rare to see them with in 20 yards of the house

This. I "cleared" my property. Took two or three years. The chipmunks know where the lines are now.

- - - Updated - - -

personally, i would have run outside and yelled to get it away from the poison.
but i like chipmunks.

Wait until they're in your garage. Or attic. Or cars.

There have been a lot of posts on chipmunks, squirrels, etc not only on NES but on other forums as well. I've had a southerners smorgasbord this year also but have been thinning the herd. Combined I've probably bagged close to 75, give or take. Normally I go through maybe ten to 15 a year. One thing I've noticed but haven't seen it mentioned is a lack of raptors and predators. The skies have been barren of hawks and the like but years past you could always look up and see at least one drifting along. I used to hear an owl or two for years at night but nothing at all this year. No bats at twilight to speak of. I've not seen a fox, raccoon or skunk. Even the two feral cats that prowled around are gone. That could explain the large population.

Back
Top Bottom