Crap! I won the Hakim!

USMA-82

NES Member
OK, so I was on an Egyptian kick after getting the Rasheed, and got a wild idea about getting a Hakim to go with it. Wouldn't you know it, I was low bid on a gunbroker gun, and now I have to pay for it...

Hakim1.jpg

Hakim3.jpg

SO - What can I SELL you, my friends? Any inquiry is reasonable - I might just have it! Send me a PM and let's chat.... Will travel reasonable distances.

Some possibles: ammo cans, G26 mags, ammo, holsters, rifle cases, Bayonet for a Finn M39, Garand clips, Sporterized Canadian Ross Mark II, speed loaders, etc., etc. I don't have the digital camera because the wife took it on her trip, but I can do a damn good job describing things.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Thank You...
Ken

Last edited:
Neat looking gun! Looks like it owes a lot to the SVT?

No - totally different. The Hakim owes alot to the Swedish AG-42 Ljungman. It really is an adaption of that rifle, that fires 8mm Mauser, rather than the Swede 6.5x55mm.

The Russian SVT is a gas-piston action, whereas the Hakim is a gas-operated action (like an AR-15, but not really). Unlike many "gas impingement" actions, this one acts on the bolt carrier, rather than directly on the bolt. For that reason, the actions stays relatively cleaner because you don't have all that blowback shooting gunk directly into the bolt.

But watch out for that bolt carrier - makes M-1 thumb look like a mosquito bite!

Yup - except this one is much prettier!

So what do you need that you can buy from me to help me get my fix?

The women... how much for the women?

[smile] Was going to PM Ripach regarding the Shirley shoot, saw your post, put them together and had Belushi from the Blues Bros pop into my head.[rofl]

Seriously though bud, unless you have a rare Soviet SKS like an Izzy in your stockpile, I can't think of anything.

A Hakim was the 2nd C&R I ever bought, and the one that showed me how much more fun semi-auto military rifles were for lefties. That makes it the most expensive rifle in my collection. It's responsible for the Rashid, the FN49, the Garands, M1 Carbine, SKSs, AK, ARs, M1a, CETME, etc., etc.

The previous owner hadn't heard that milsurp ammo might be corrosive, though. The bore looks like a sewer pipe, with a vague hint of rifling - not very accurate, either.

I did find a new barrel for it - has anyone rebarreled their Hakim, or had one done for them?

Congrats on the Hakim...I have ...well lets say more than one[wink]...How much for the M39 bayonet????

Regarding the re barrel on a Hakim I would check with Strickland ( Gunsmith). I can PM you his number if you like..

How much for the M39 bayonet????

It's only a repro - so don't get too excited. This is one that I bought from Dennis at Empire at the same time I was buying one from the manufacturer.

Don't ask...

But I don't need two, so one is up for grabs. It looks brand new (well, it is), and is dated with a recent date so there is no chance it will be mistaken for an original.

Comes with a green leather scabbard. I paid $75 for each, will sell one for $60. It has done nothing but sit in a cabinet for two years, coming out every 6 months or so for a cleaning/oily wipe-down. Will consider swap for a Hakim bayonet if you have an extra!!!

Looks great on an M39.

Last edited:
Ah shucks...I have a repro as well...looking for the real deal...thanks anyway...

It's only a repro - so don't get too excited. This is one that I bought from Dennis at Empire at the same time I was buying one from the manufacturer.

Don't ask...

But I don't need two, so one is up for grabs. It looks brand new (well, it is), and is dated with a recent date so there is no chance it will be mistaken for an original.

Comes with a green leather scabbard. I paid $75 for each, will sell one for $60. It has done nothing but sit in a cabinet for two years, coming out every 6 months or so for a cleaning/oily wipe-down. Will consider swap for a Hakim bayonet if you have an extra!!!

Looks great on an M39.

That would be great - it's one of those projects that keeps getting back-burnered for lack of skills.

Thanks!

I will PM you his contact info. He is a one man show and sometimes he has a short turn around and then...well lets say he takes his time. He has done some work for me with very good results.

I did bring a M48 Mauser to another Gunsmith, no names but he is located behind a particular gun dealer in the town of North Attleboro[wink], and he did ...lets say a rather poor job. Never head spaced it, never test fired it...needless to say it took over 5 trips to the shop and it still wasn't correct. I then went to Sticklen and he had it to me in less than a week and it now functions great.

A Hakim was the 2nd C&R I ever bought, and the one that showed me how much more fun semi-auto military rifles were for lefties. That makes it the most expensive rifle in my collection. It's responsible for the Rashid, the FN49, the Garands, M1 Carbine, SKSs, AK, ARs, M1a, CETME, etc., etc.

The previous owner hadn't heard that milsurp ammo might be corrosive, though. The bore looks like a sewer pipe, with a vague hint of rifling - not very accurate, either.

I did find a new barrel for it - has anyone rebarreled their Hakim, or had one done for them?

as promised:

Stricklands Gunsmith & Shop

27 Myricks St
Berkley, MA 02779 Map

508) 880-2858

Well the rifle finally arrived, and it is BEAUTIFUL! Looks like it just came out of the arsenal. I fired a few rounds of 1950's Yugo ammo, and it shoots very well. I'm anxious to try other types (except Turk, which apparently is too strong).

Of course, then I had to buy a bayonet that was in excellent shape as well....

Crap!

Will post pictures soon.

I hope you have a gas adjustment tool as well. Using different ammo requires different settings. If you cant find one a bicycle valve stem tool works as well[wink]...and is much easier to find!!!!!

Have fun and enjoy your new toy.[grin]

I hope you have a gas adjustment tool as well. Using different ammo requires different settings. If you cant find one a bicycle valve stem tool works as well[wink]...and is much easier to find!!!!!

Have fun and enjoy your new toy.[grin]

Actually, the adjustment tool was included with the sale, along with a green web sling. The neat thing is that the valve operates freely and is not rusted shut like some I've heard about.

The 1950's era Yugo surplus ammo shot pretty well in it - I'm anxious to find some Egyptian fodder.

I rarely shoot surplus in mine mainly because I'm too lazy to tear it down and clean it for corrosive ammo afterwards.

I have though shot a ton of Century's Hotshot ammo through mine and it seems to like it with great accuracy. Romanian ammo falls off a little in accuracy but seems a little hotter.

Back
Top Bottom