• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coyote today

I bet if you raised a coyote from a pup you could train it the same as a dog. I wasnt really saying that we should welcome them into the house.I was just pointing out that they have proven to be very smart and social animals. what I was going after was the fact that they have the same traits that make you love your pooch.

Nope, not even close. Domesticated dogs are what they are because of selective breeding of certain traits.

I wish I could get my point across clearer. in my eyes coyotes and dogs show very similar traits. Their intelligence is par.

Just like some murderers and thieves are on par with some civilized people for intelligence. Doesn't make it a bad thing to understand that some must be removed from the population

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to try to do some coyote hunting down here in Mass as we have tons of them, but the laws are are so complicated I'm afraid to get arrested.

I really don't care to have them around, early this past summer we had three of them right in my back yard, two were standing on the steps to my deck, my wife let our dog out on the deck to do his thing late one night, he is a little Chihuahua all full of piss and vinegar, he thinks he is king shit but this night he ran over to the gate at the stairs and Mr coyote was right there, my wife smelled them at first and ran over to get the now completely frozen in place dog, thank goodness we have a lock on the gate and they didn't jump over, she said she was looking into there eyes and they were growling at her, she ran back inside and well ! you can imagine how she felt,

I know they are part of the system and in ways we need them, but I ain't taking chances and got myself a little varmint deterrent just in case they return, I have been told if you hurt them they won't return to that area, hope I don't need to find out if that is true.

Tim

I really don't care to have them around, early this past summer we had three of them right in my back yard, two were standing on the steps to my deck, my wife let our dog out on the deck to do his thing late one night, he is a little Chihuahua all full of piss and vinegar, he thinks he is king shit but this night he ran over to the gate at the stairs and Mr coyote was right there, my wife smelled them at first and ran over to get the now completely frozen in place dog, thank goodness we have a lock on the gate and they didn't jump over, she said she was looking into there eyes and they were growling at her, she ran back inside and well ! you can imagine how she felt,

I know they are part of the system and in ways we need them, but I ain't taking chances and got myself a little varmint deterrent just in case they return, I have been told if you hurt them they won't return to that area, hope I don't need to find out if that is true.

Tim

Hurt them,,,,,, get a bow and make sure they don't come back.

Hurt them,,,,,, get a bow and make sure they don't come back.

That's part of the Deterrent system I mentioned

This happened just before my family took the LTC safety course to get our licenses, since then we have learned a lot, we have all have been to the range many times, we also have a bow and practiced with it, we are way more prepared now than a year ago.

Tim :)

your dog may still be alive but if the police shot it , there would be 10 pages of upset people here.
I understand shooting an animal for food. i just don't get killing something just for fun.
your dog = coyote minus your leash

The pelt is worth money which can be sold and taken to the grocery store to buy food. And they are in open season with no daily or season bag limit so who cares what you think.

and if you did (in MA), it'd be illegal. There are limits (covered in several threads on this board) about what shotgun ammo is acceptable for coyote hunting.

According to his location, he isn't in MA. Life does exist outside of this state.

[rolleyes]

I live near a red tail deer Farm and a fruit farm .a lot of the folks in the area have chickens,sheep etc.if you kill a coyote they appreciate it and don't call you a dog murderer. Boghog1 has been there, I think he'll back me up.

I live near a red tail deer Farm and a fruit farm .a lot of the folks in the area have chickens,sheep etc.if you kill a coyote they appreciate it and don't call you a dog murderer. Boghog1 has been there, I think he'll back me up.

I know what you're saying, whether it's coyotes or beavers or something else.

I don't understand where we can have a thread here that is a 100 posts long about someone who's dog died with all you guys + repping and saying how a dog is a family member and "it's like loosing a child " and a couple of threads lower everyone loves seeing the same dog shot.
There is no difference between your dog and that coyote other than a collar you put o it.

It's because you don't understand there actually is a big difference between a coyote and a dog.

I haven't heard any this year around my house. Last year, I would heard them every night.

This thread is about members that get all bent out of shape about killing a large pest that kills cats + dogs.

LOL.

< Knows. Such predator. No boundaries. So slick. Wow. DEAD

I wouldn't crash an expensive boom truck to save a wild animal.

m
Me either .

My driver wouldn't either, I think it just startled him. If he didn't stop in time he would've gone right over him.

He told me that once he had come to a stop, the Wolf just sauntered off the road into a field on Northgate Road.

As he continued up the road he saw a bunch of EPO's on either side of the road.

If you are looking for coyote in western ma, tons of coyote scat 3 weeks ago along the power lines near the beartown swamp tunnel road power station power lines right of way near Zoar

I'll buy my 2014 hunting license today and scout some locations. I gave the pelt to a friend of mine but the next one is going to be a hat just to tweak the Moonbats.

Back
Top Bottom